Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > Archived > 2016 CanadaEast/NorthEast US Rally

Old 04-24-2016, 08:59 AM   #1

Unblocking of the base motel rooms

As mentioned earlier due to the popularity of the Tremblant area as a summer vacation spot and in fairness to the motel owners we can not keep the rooms we had blocked for any longer. Our VBA group has 11 rooms booked at this time. In speaking with the owner earlier this month she informed me that she had the following break down of rooms left available: 1 two bed room, 3 single queen bed rooms, 2 four person rooms and 1 five person room. I know some of you had expressed interest in attending but have not yet committed, now might be a good time to decide.
We will be unblocking those remaining rooms on the 30th of April. There are other hotels and motels in the vicinity should you need to wait closer to the rally date to decide but I do imagine these too will get busy quickly as we are holding our rally one week before the Mt Tremblant Iron man Triathlon.
If you book remember to post on the attendee thread so we call add you to the list.
Thanks,
Norm, Tom, Tim

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-30-2016, 09:26 AM   #2

As an update to this post, the 6 remaining rooms are now unblocked and open to booking by the public. The Motel informs me that should anyone wishing to book from this time forward to call them directly at 819 425 2789. They will still provide a special offer to VBA members if there are rooms available.
Should they be all booked up pm me directly and I will provide you with phone numbers for the closest motel/ hotels.
Norm

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 05-08-2016, 10:58 AM   #3

Hey Norm, really wanted to come up to this event and see the "up north" gang. But mothers health is curtailing travel later in summer and by early Aug I will need to stick pretty close to home. Really sorry to miss this as had great trip from Montana back to you all via a route in Canada north of the Great Lakes. Bummed but there is always next year (well actually there isn't always next year but you got to live like there is or it will not happen). Have great time and remember that any of ya'all running from the frozen north will come past me here in NC and the guest rooms always have fresh sheets and towels.
T Ross Chess (trosco)
2010 Titanium Goldwing
2014 KLR 650 New Edition

Old 05-08-2016, 05:54 PM   #4

Hey Ross first off sorry to hear about your mother's health. Hoping for the best there. It will be ashame we don't get to see you this go around. Most of the usual suspects are coming as well as a few new faces. I am quite sure you would have enjoyed the trip and the place we have as a base motel, a little different than what we usually book up, small place on a semi private late, beach, canoes etc etc. kinda like riding your bike to summer camp!
As mentioned if things change and you are able to attend, pm me I know several motels close to the base one that you could probably get a last minute room.
Take care,
Norm

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 05-09-2016, 09:10 AM   #5

Thanks Norm. I have a friend in my yoga class down here that came from Donnie's neck of the woods but married a Q-becker. They retired down here and they have actually been to the base motel several time on summer vacations and spoke very highly of the area. So if anything changes, to allow me to attend I will definitely contact you.
2010 Titanium Goldwing
2014 KLR 650 New Edition

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-09-2016, 03:17 PM   #6

Ok Ross sounds good.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 05-09-2016, 07:57 PM   #7
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
And they lived happily ever after!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 05-09-2016, 09:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
And they lived happily ever after!
Thanks Goldielocks.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136