Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthWest Group

Old 11-18-2008, 11:12 PM   #16

Talked to Dan Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lund
Making note to self, don't make make comments about Audio's and cactus's wives :)
Heh heh heh...

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-19-2008, 12:18 AM   #17

Talked to Dan Today

I agree that spending time with kids when they are young is important. If it can be done and keep a bike, super.

For me, I didn't do more than day trips when they were young, then after my divorce, I had custody and could only do weekend trips during her weekend.

Now I'm an empty nester and go when I want, as long as I want :)

Kids change very fast, Wolfies kids will be in high school before he knows it.

I predict that bikes are in his blood now, and he'll figure out how to balance family and a bike. That might preclude rallies though. Of course I may be wrong, but that's what I'd place my money on :)

Old 11-19-2008, 01:45 PM   #18
Advanced Member

Talked to Dan Today

When Anita & I were married back in 1968, I had to give up my Harley to attend to family matters too. It took only 40 years (Dec '07) to get back in the saddle again. We will celebrate our 40th anniversary Next August.

Spence, Take responsibly to focus on your family & kids, you will rewarded with a great marriage & family life.

From one trucker to another, Please stay in touch....-Rich

Old 11-19-2008, 09:45 PM   #19

Talked to Dan Today

Wolf, Yeah, being addicted to a web site and a ride at the same time can eat up some time away from other things. Sure hope you stick around here some though. Interesting thing is over the past year or so we heard from many of us about coming back to riding after years away for various reasons but I believe you have the distinction of being the first to share with the group the exit side. Understandable that it would be a little difficult. Buddy of mine with a couple young ones did the same thing several years ago but will be back into someday. If you get over this way, we'll hook you up with a couple wheels and we'll roll a bit, as Dan suggests.

Old 11-26-2008, 03:48 PM   #20
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Talked to Dan Today

Hey Wolfman, I don't mean to butt in here. I'm a bit of an outsider here. The subject line caught my eye, as I had been wondering how Dan had made out at the hospital.

I did much the same thing. I quit while my 5 grew up. I'm sure you'll miss the bike at times, but not such a hard thing to do for your kids. I hope you stick your nose into the site from time to time. You and your comments will be/are missed. I have noticed that a lot of you "southwest guys" aren't on the general board much these days. What's the deal with that? I mean it's your business, I was just wondering. I've found the whole site a little quiet lately.

Good luck Wolfman..... and I hope you're feeling well Dan and maybe "they" helped you in the Hosp. I hope everyone will be at the rally in June. I'm looking fwd. to meeting you guys.
best regards
Rick

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-26-2008, 04:38 PM   #21
Mega-Contributor

Talked to Dan Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy ... #00722
Hey Wolfman, I don't mean to butt in here. I'm a bit of an outsider here. The subject line caught my eye, as I had been wondering how Dan had made out at the hospital.

I did much the same thing. I quit while my 5 grew up. I'm sure you'll miss the bike at times, but not such a hard thing to do for your kids. I hope you stick your nose into the site from time to time. You and your comments will be/are missed. I have noticed that a lot of you "southwest guys" aren't on the general board much these days. What's the deal with that? I mean it's your business, I was just wondering. I've found the whole site a little quiet lately.

Good luck Wolfman..... and I hope you're feeling well Dan and maybe "they" helped you in the Hosp. I hope everyone will be at the rally in June. I'm looking fwd. to meeting you guys.
best regards
Rick
That's because we're still out riding.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 11-27-2008, 08:02 PM   #22

Talked to Dan Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman
RKSAW: For now I'm not getting another bike. The main reason I sold it was because the Nomad was taking up most of my spare time and I felt I needed to do more family oriented activites with as young as my boys are.
Sarah became the "center of the universe" the day she was born and is very much the "Daddy's Girl". I didnt get the urge to start riding until Dear Daughter was old enough to ride with me; and I'm fortunate that she enjoys riding with me on the Nomad.

As much as you'll miss riding, the time spent with your kids will return dividends that far outweigh the investment. Your decision puts you way up there on the parenting scale. If more kids had fathers with such a high "give a darn factor" as to place their kids ahead of their own personal wants as you have, our world would be a better place.

Old 11-27-2008, 09:46 PM   #23

Talked to Dan Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW
Quote:
RKSAW: For now I'm not getting another bike. The main reason I sold it was because the Nomad was taking up most of my spare time and I felt I needed to do more family oriented activites with as young as my boys are.
Sarah became the "center of the universe" the day she was born and is very much the "Daddy's Girl". I didnt get the urge to start riding until Dear Daughter was old enough to ride with me; and I'm fortunate that she enjoys riding with me on the Nomad.

As much as you'll miss riding, the time spent with your kids will return dividends that far outweigh the investment. Your decision puts you way up there on the parenting scale. If more kids had fathers with such a high "give a darn factor" as to place their kids ahead of their own personal wants as you have, our world would be a better place.
+1

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 11-28-2008, 03:11 AM   #24

Talked to Dan Today

+2

Old 11-28-2008, 04:16 AM   #25

Talked to Dan Today

+1 Wolfman you're alright in my book. Family First! Your kids are only young once enjoy your time together as a family. There will be time enough to enjoy riding again . All The Best to your Family. DJ

Old 11-29-2008, 05:21 PM   #26
Top Contributor

Talked to Dan Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW
Quote:

Well said LW.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Old 11-30-2008, 08:05 PM   #27

Talked to Dan Today

Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone :)

Old 12-02-2008, 09:41 AM   #28

Talked to Dan Today

I'm sorry to hear of you selling your bike Wolf, but only for my own selfishness. I can't argue with your reasoning, and you have a lifetime to ride, so it's all good. Hope to see ya around though.