Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 04-05-2008, 10:40 PM   #1

I love my Nomad, and that's the truth

My Nomad,05 Blue and Silver, is stock except for risers, luggage rack, and spotlights. I love my Nomad. I.My Nomad is not very fast, I don't care, I ride it proudly.If I wanted a fast Kawasaki, they do make a couple of models that would work.
This is not aimed at this forum, this is general.Maybe I am overlooking something, but. Why is it that so many people that ride Vulcans complain about them all the time.I wonder, what the hell, no one likes the way Kawasaki builds motorcycles,but they keep buying them. Is it just me, or do others feel this way too?I'd like to know.
OK, off the soapbox now and curious.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-05-2008, 11:07 PM   #2

I think most people like them just fine, Its normal to critique them a bit to make them better. Most people would like something that isn't offered from the factory to make it a nicer ride for themselves.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 04-05-2008, 11:40 PM   #3

My Nomad good.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:30 AM   #4
Sr. Contributor

No whinin from me. I am on my 2nd one since the first was stolen.. I couldn't get Nomad out of my system.

I did a few more mods than you I guess, ergos' and a little for more power, and better fuel milage. works for me. Getting more power was a known, but getting more miles per gallon for it was a surprise the first time. I expected it the 2nd time.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 04-06-2008, 09:52 AM   #5

As far as performance goes I am happy with mine. I bought it for two up riding and it is good for the intended purpose. I can't seem to get the suspension the way I would like but I'm sure thats just me and I will figure it out eventually ::)
I love the looks of the thing. It is what I think a motorcycle should look like. I like the sound now as I did BD's baffelectomy. It now sounds like I think a motorcycle should.
One of the best things about owning it is this forum.
I cannot believe the insite Trip had when he started this.
Thanks Trip and all the members here for this great site.
Oooppps, did I get off track there ??? ;)
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-06-2008, 10:18 AM   #6

It is so nice of you guys that love your Nomads to post here. Deep down I know most all Vulcan owners like their machines, it is probably just a sign of the times.More peope complain than used to about every little thing. Heck,truth be known, most of us are just happy to be able to ride, and would be happy on any make as long as we could go down the road.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:26 AM   #7

I like my Nomad. It's a '03 and I have 63,000 miles on it. I have have come to disliking the side opening saddlebags, but otherwise no complains. It's still a lot of bike for the price. The only thing kind of like it out there is a Harley Road King (wife has) and that price is 18 grand. My Nomad was less then 12 grand.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #8

I'm a lot like TC. I got this bike to cruise and do some over-nighters with my wife. It goes as fast as I need it to and I have no complaints about it.

A guy I know at work said about 10 years ago he dumped 30 grand into a susuki he had and went 140 MPH 1 time. In hind site he said it was waste and asked how fast do you really need to go? Having a CDL I'm not into getting speeding tickets. I try to be a safe and courteous driver and have a clean driving record that I'm proud of.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:56 AM   #9

The Nomad is the Value Leader in big cruisers. Not is it just a good reliable bike, but it is a Lot of Bike for the Money. It doesn't carry the same bragging rights of bikes guys spend $20k or $30k on, but unless you want to race all the time it does what a bike needs to do well. I doesn't do one single thing better than every other bike in the world, but it does every single thing well enough to be a fine road bike.

Plus it's just impressive in it's own right.

One of our clients who used to race Moto-x back in the day saw it for the first time when I went to pick up some blueprints at his office. "Man!" he said, "That's a BIG ol' road hog!"

(Insert Tim Allen noise here.)

Old 04-06-2008, 12:23 PM   #10
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

The value of a Nomad is unmatched! Anyone can afford one ( ::)).................. almost anyone!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 04-06-2008, 01:01 PM   #11
Top Contributor

Nothing on the market today I would trade it for....nothing....regardless of price.

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 04-06-2008, 01:15 PM   #12
Top Contributor

I am on my second Nomad and third Kawasaki. I have no complaints with the bike or the company otherwise I would have bought differently. The power of the Nomad gets me to 70 on the highway and 75 to 80 on the interstate no problem. That is all I need although I did take her up past 100 once.

I even had a complement from an individual yesterday who owned a Fat Boy.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Old 04-06-2008, 01:21 PM   #13

Send a message via MSN to ianicky

Quote:
Nothing on the market today I would trade it for....nothing....regardless of price.
+1

Since i bought my Nomad the wife says shes now second to my Nomad, i must admot that i do spend a lot of time with my Nomad :) i must find her a name. (Not the wife shes got one)

Old 04-06-2008, 01:50 PM   #14

I rode my first Nomad on a camping trip in Oregon in the summer of '06 and I was sold! It was my brother's and he couldn't say enough good things about the Nomad, but he had succumbed to the allure of the Harley and bought one for 'only $21k'. He loves his Harley, but admits you can't beat the Nomad's dependability and value and was adamant I buy the Nomad. So, to me, it's about functionality..what are you looking for? If it's cache, buy the Harley, they are good bikes and hold their value. If it's value and reliability and a very comfortable ride then to me it's a great choice.

So, no complaints from me about the Nomad. Speed/power is not an issue..if I need more power I'll drive my car...and I love those side bags! Buck

Old 04-06-2008, 02:14 PM   #15

Quote:
No whinin from me. I am on my 2nd one since the first was stolen.. I couldn't get Nomad out of my system.

I did a few more mods than you I guess, ergos' and a little for more power, and better fuel milage. works for me. Getting more power was a known, but getting more miles per gallon for it was a surprise the first time. I expected it the 2nd time.
How did you get more HP and Better MPG,, WHAT did you do? Most say their mileage drops...THANKs Rich