Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
Mega-Contributor

I guess it was my turn (New w/pics)

Went down tonight on my way home from work. Was traveling up a road when traffic stopped in front of me. Applied front brake, hit large manhole cover and the bike went out from under me. Rolled maybe 20 feet, bike slid maybe 50 feet. I would estimate I was doing 35-40 MPH when I hit the asphalt.

Damages -

Me? No too bad, considering. Both elbows skinned up pretty good, skinned knuckles on my left hand, the side I went down on. I was wearing gloves. Helmet skinned up, was a Scorpion EXO-200 3/4 helmet. Destroyed the shield on it. Knees a little skinned. New pair of jeans ruined. Cellphone case detsroyed, but saved my phone.

Bike? The guy in front me, a Mesa PD firearms instructor, and a lady helped me get the bike up on the kickstand. I rolled it to the shoulder and talked to the cop a bit. Bike is rideable. Lots of stuff bent, scraped all to hell. Fairing, both sets of driving lights, Kuryakyn pegs, floorboards, tank is dented. The tourpak appears to not have a mark on it.

I'll update later after I get a better look at my bike. I'll also try to get some pictures. Mama ain't too happy with me right now. ::)

I'm alright, just a little banged up is all.

The damage doesn't look that bad. Both sets of crashbars, both sets of driving lights, fairing, tank, and the handle on the right saddlebag.

VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads