Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > Archived > National Rally 2011 - Maggie Valley, NC

Old 03-23-2011, 07:27 AM   #31

NATIONAL RALLY SHIRTS........Order link here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by petenomad
I don't think the shipping is out of line at all. An additional shirt is only $1 more to ship according to the FAQ. Order two at one time and you have a bargain. I doubt I have ever paid the exact cost for shipping when buying anything online. Sometimes its based on the cost of items, sometimes its a flat fee.
They are charging $2 over the envelope cost you cite. Keep in mind that they are also paying someone to put the shirts in the envelope, and someone who tracks the orders and sends out the shipping email. There's probably at least two salaries that $2 is helping to pay.
Interesting point but I don't agree. When you build your price it includes all your costs you shouldn't "surcharge" for the shipper that is simply a part of your cost that is absorbed in the product.

On another point yes you folks in the US often get free shipping but when they ship to Canada they charges us and this can get quite costly. When I still had an address in Detroit I could save 20% or more in some cases.

Amy you have done your job and the logo/crest looks great and that is why I did order two...

KawaNOW #01650
Bell City Riders #21
SCRC 329
2010 Nomad (The Beast)

Previous Bikes
2008 - 900 Vulcan Classic
1958 HD HydraGlide

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-23-2011, 07:44 AM   #32

Wow Amy...looks great! Thanks for all your time and effort. Your the cat's meow.
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 03-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #33

You are right about buying 2 shirts the price of shipping is cut in half if you order 100 it is just $1.16 a shirt. Anyone what to go together and buy in quantity?

Previous bikes - 2004 BMW R1200 CLC 2006 Nomad 1600 Black -1985 BMW K100 RT
VBA #001609
Viet-Nam Vet 71-72
Maryville , Tn.
Maggie Valley '11-Townsend '12-Estes Park '13- Copperhead fall rally "13- Elkins WV '14- Eureka Springs ' 15- Helen Ga. SE Rally '16

Old 03-24-2011, 02:39 PM   #34

With the talk on here about shipping being expensive to Canada, 4 of us grouped our order together and had it sent to one address. Shipping cost for 7 shirts = $32 split 4 ways. Not too bad I thought. Also when I talked to Phil from Shirtz n Thingz he mentioned Amy inquiring about having the Canadian orders shipped directly to the hotel. He seemed quite receptive to that idea as well. Just a few options I thought were worth mentioning for those on this side of the border and looking to save a bit.

P.S Thanks Amy for the hard work, the're going to look great.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 03-24-2011, 02:50 PM   #35

Couple of good suggestions CNC; worth exploring and I certainly would be willing to pool orders with anyone else in Ontario.

Sending to the Hotel might work as long as the Hotel will in fact hold them for us. Obviously we would need to order closer to the date.
KawaNOW #01650
Bell City Riders #21
SCRC 329
2010 Nomad (The Beast)

Previous Bikes
1958 HD HydraGlide

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-24-2011, 08:01 PM   #36

Okay guys. I had been waiting to hear on confirmation from the hotel that it is okay for a box to be shipped there the week before the rally. Probably on Thursday or Friday before. I am not going to take responsibility for distributing shirt orders in Maggie Valley. If someone would like to take on this task, we have worked it out for a bulk order to be done and have it shipped to the hotel. Thanks for the compliments folks!

Someone will need to take on making sure the shirt orders are distributed to the correct people.

Here is what you need to do according to what Phil sent me via email.

I can ship bulk orders to your hotel for pick-up on the day of the event. I would deduct the shipping cost from the orders and I will pay to ship to one location.

So you would save freight charges. Just have people respond to their confirmation requesting shipping to the event - I will deduct the shipping charges form the credit card billings.

Phil

Thanks,
Amy

Amy "kawgirl" Neal
Greenville, NC
2002 Nomad

Old 03-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #37

Lets have a round of applause for Amy. She goes above and beyond for the cause.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 03-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #38

I'll look after making sure the shirts are distributed to everyone when we arrive in MV, if thats ok with everyone. I'll be putting my own order in before long.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 03-24-2011, 11:35 PM   #39
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy

Thanks Amy!! The shirts look great. Maybe if the guy charged $25.00 - $30.00 for the shirt and less for shipping nobody would say a word. Go figure. I think it's a good deal as is. Having done shirts for guys here, I know the difficulty you're going through. No one complained about their shirts or shipping costs when I did the shirts for the Canadian members. Thanks for that

I'll be ordering when I get home.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 03-25-2011, 07:32 AM   #40

Steve, since I raised the issue I will gladly assist you in anyway. I don't know all the members as well as you appear to but if I can help keep lists etc please feel free to call on me.

KawaNOW #01650
Bell City Riders #21
SCRC 329
2010 Nomad (The Beast)

Previous Bikes
1958 HD HydraGlide

Old 03-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #41

Rick I appreciate your comments and agree for the most part. I have organized meetings and events all over Canada and the US and usually it is not a problem shipping.

On the other hand since I have started ordering bike "stuff" I find some suppliers over charge for shipping and as a result it has become a bit of a hot button for me. As an example I researched an order for parts from two suppliers (major players) and found one had the parts at a slightly better price, however when going to the check-out and shipping was added their price jumped up more than 20% more than the other company. Same shipping method USPS.

I hate feeling that I have to defend my position but unless we raise the issue (usually us Canadians just suffer in silence) nothign will ever get fixed.

Amy this has nothing to do with your work or the results of your efforts as everything you have done is first class.

This is my last post on the subject...
KawaNOW #01650
Bell City Riders #21
SCRC 329
2010 Nomad (The Beast)

Previous Bikes
1958 HD HydraGlide

Old 03-25-2011, 08:39 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie
Steve, since I raised the issue I will gladly assist you in anyway. I don't know all the members as well as you appear to but if I can help keep lists etc please feel free to call on me.
Bogey; Thanks for the offer, hopefully it won't be too much to look after, other than distributing them when we arrive. If it does start becoming a larger project I'll definately give you a call.
Lets see how it unfolds the next little while.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 03-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #43

Shirt Size

As you no doubt know, chest size in t-shirts do not always match what you might think is L, or XL or XXL etc

So, I contacted the T-shirt guy selling our rally shirts and ask for chest size to match what they call XXL

Here is what I got back
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bill,

I am sorry but t-shirts are not sized or measured that way. They are measured across so if you take that times 2 - you get
the chest size.

Also, if you measure one of your favorite t-shirts across - you can compare it to the sizing chart for a good fit. Our shirts
are 100% Cotton Pre-shrunk so shrinkage will be very minimum.

Hope this helps,

Phil
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That works for me

Old 03-25-2011, 11:56 AM   #44

More info on the bulk order thing......this is the address for the hotel and you can have it sent to the attention of Todd, but he is not assuming responsibility for this. Ringadingh, as you know, has accepted that task.

Thanks!

Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center
ATTN: KawaNOW - Todd Frazier
70 Soco Road
Maggie Valley, North Carolina 28751
United States

Amy "kawgirl" Neal
Greenville, NC
2002 Nomad

Old 03-25-2011, 09:07 PM   #45
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie
Rick I appreciate your comments and agree for the most part. I have organized meetings and events all over Canada and the US and usually it is not a problem shipping.

On the other hand since I have started ordering bike "stuff" I find some suppliers over charge for shipping and as a result it has become a bit of a hot button for me. As an example I researched an order for parts from two suppliers (major players) and found one had the parts at a slightly better price, however when going to the check-out and shipping was added their price jumped up more than 20% more than the other company. Same shipping method USPS.

I hate feeling that I have to defend my position but unless we raise the issue (usually us Canadians just suffer in silence) nothign will ever get fixed.

Amy this has nothing to do with your work or the results of your efforts as everything you have done is first class.

This is my last post on the subject...
No worries here. I don't disagree with the gouging that happens.
And because you have done a lot of "organized meetings and events all over Canada and the US and usually it is not a problem shipping." you also understand the frustration that comes along with doing that kind of "stuff" when there are problems and complaints. I was just feeling "out loud" for Amy. It wasn't a personal attack. Sorry to hear your button got pushed.

Glad things got sorted out. :)

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png