Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 02-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #16

crazy Ridiculous

This argument about which color is faster is riculous. The science is clear.....Black is faster. The reason you can see red coming from soo far away is that it is very slow. This is why police use black for their cars and red for their lights.

Read a book People!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivanurse View Post
This argument about which color is faster is riculous. The science is clear.....Black is faster. The reason you can see red coming from soo far away is that it is very slow. This is why police use black for their cars and red for their lights.

Read a book People!!
I'm sorry to disagree but i have done a lot of research into this issue. First, if you enter the wind and gravity coefficients of the colors red and black into the quadratic formula, the result is always that red is +/- 10 mph faster. I have also asked 2 local physics professors here at NC State who have examined the molecular makeup of the colors and all agree that (at least North of the equator) the gravitational pull esposed by Newton causes red to be pulled by gravity 2.3 times faster than black. Personally i have been involved in training LE for 25 years and they tell me they buy black to blend in with traffic because they can't go as fast as red.

BTW....This analysis and conclusion has nothing to do with the fact that i got one hell of a good deal on a red vaquero.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomi1 View Post
I realize you need pictures of a (chrome) goal to post on your garage wall so here are a couple more.
Nice! Where did all that chrome come from?
Sergeant at Arms, Chapter 32-1
Combat Vets Motorcycle Association

Old 03-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #19

Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump View Post
Nice! Where did all that chrome come from?
Traded speaker trim, tank chrome and air filter covers with a guy who said the chrome on his Voyageur was blinding him going to and from work. The rest of the pieces were purchased at exhorbitant prices from Kawasaki. IMHO you cannot beat black and chrome except at night when black is so fast that chrome reflections from street lights slow you down!

Old 03-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #20
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomi1 View Post
I realize you need pictures of a (chrome) goal to post on your garage wall so here are a couple more.
Looking good. You can also get the chrome cover for the handlebar controls that comes on the Voyager, and the Rear Brake Reservoir Cover in Chrome off the Vulcan 2000. And of course the Front Fender trim, Saddlebag trim, rear fender trim, etc. A lot of chrome out there. I think it looks good and different from all the blacked out Vaqueros out there.

2010 Vulcan Voyager, 2007 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2009 Vulcan Nomad

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Looking good. You can also get the chrome cover for the handlebar controls that comes on the Voyager, and the Rear Brake Reservoir Cover in Chrome off the Vulcan 2000. And of course the Front Fender trim, Saddlebag trim, rear fender trim, etc. A lot of chrome out there. I think it looks good and different from all the blacked out Vaqueros out there.
I think that I would like to do something with the front wheel to give it a bit more "shine" but I'm not sure if I should have it chromed or wait to see if I can get a Voyageur front wheel which is polished and black since I am trying to keep the bike in combos of black/chrome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg !cid__downsized_0206121505.jpg (33.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg !cid__downsized_0206121503.jpg (32.1 KB, 12 views)