Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-23-2010, 06:22 AM   #1

How Much Are They Worth?

I just traded in my 2006 Nomad for an ST-1300. The dealer sold the Nomad before I left with the new bike. I spoke to the new owner and told him that I have the stock exhaust and official maintenance manual. Can anyone tell me what they are worth?

Thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-23-2010, 07:45 AM   #2

How Much Are They Worth?

Ive seen them for sale most times about $50.00 to $100.00 for the complete system.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 09-23-2010, 07:56 AM   #3

How Much Are They Worth?

Looking on line at Nomad exhausts and given that you can download the manual for free, I'd say...

Maintenance Manual........$0
Stock 06 Exhaust.............$80
ST1300.............................Priceless

Dan K
Member #100
2009 ST1300: Performance exceeding even Victory riders' boasts.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:25 AM   #4
Sr. Contributor

How Much Are They Worth?

The book if as new should get 35 to 45 bucks. If it's all beat up like mine 15 to 25.

A stock exhaust gets around 100 on e bay. As new ....... beat up less.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 09-23-2010, 08:43 AM   #5

How Much Are They Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank
Looking on line at Nomad exhausts and given that you can download the manual for free, I'd say...

Maintenance Manual........$0
Stock 06 Exhaust.............$80
ST1300.............................Priceless
Maybe the new owner has dial-up like I do and dosen't want to spend 6 hours at the computer downloading the manual.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-23-2010, 08:52 AM   #6
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
How Much Are They Worth?

Not planning any long trips in your future? ST1300 is nice but doesn't seem like the best bike for a lot of highway riding. I would go for $5.00 on the manual.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 09-23-2010, 09:19 AM   #7

How Much Are They Worth?

Not to Hijack the thread, but the ST1300 is one of the best Touring bikes available today. It's just entirely different than the Kaw. All day long at 90 mph +,around 270 miles per tank.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:26 AM   #8

How Much Are They Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaNomadRider
Not planning any long trips in your future? ST1300 is nice but doesn't seem like the best bike for a lot of highway riding.
You may be right. HAH! I took a two day ride on my ST this summer, and admit I was was a little tired by the end of the second day...... Lansing, Michigan to Seattle Washington.

I would have kept going that second day, just from the standpoint of the bike and comfort, joy of riding, etc., but I ran out of road at Seattle.

Guess that's why the ST 1300 owners manual tells you to never head out on it unless you are carrying your passport. Isn't hardly possible to head home before you've at least crossed a couple state lines.

Dan K
Member #100
2009 ST1300: Performance exceeding even Victory riders' boasts.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:11 AM   #9

How Much Are They Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank

I would have kept going that second day, just from the standpoint of the bike and comfort, joy of riding, etc., but I ran out of road at Seattle.
I usually run out of daylight when I'm on my Nomad. [once I ran out of gas, too. :-[ ]

Old 09-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #10
Advanced Member

How Much Are They Worth?

I know I own the manual because it works so much easier in the garage with greasy hands. Both together should be about $125.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:32 AM   #11

How Much Are They Worth?

I appreciate the responses to my question. The exhaust is not worth what I thought. But who would want a goat bag on their Nomad anyway?

I traded the Nomad for the ST-1300 for two reasons. I really like the red color of the ST-1300 and I wanted a more "refined" bike. I like the Nomad and if I had the room I would have kept it. I had the Nomad for four years and rode it for 25K miles without any trouble whatsoever. However, the rear brake pads needed replacing. The car tire on the back and the rear tire on the front are an excellent combination. The intent is not to use the ST for long distances, as I have a couple of Goldwings for that purpose. I find myself going much faster on the ST than the Nomad or Wings, so I've got to watch the speedometer for a while. Also, the ST doesn't have self-canceling turn signals which will pose a problem until a install an after-market self-canceling unit. Why Honda chose to put a fuel mileage computer on the bike and no self canceling signals is a conundrum.

Thanks for all of the help on this forum over the past couple of years.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:47 PM   #12
Advanced Member

How Much Are They Worth?

How about a nice picture of your newest ride? If it is the color of a ST in my neighborhood, that is indeed a nice shade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalman
I appreciate the responses to my question. The exhaust is not worth what I thought. But who would want a goat bag on their Nomad anyway?

I traded the Nomad for the ST-1300 for two reasons. I really like the red color of the ST-1300 and I wanted a more "refined" bike. I like the Nomad and if I had the room I would have kept it. I had the Nomad for four years and rode it for 25K miles without any trouble whatsoever. However, the rear brake pads needed replacing. The car tire on the back and the rear tire on the front are an excellent combination. The intent is not to use the ST for long distances, as I have a couple of Goldwings for that purpose. I find myself going much faster on the ST than the Nomad or Wings, so I've got to watch the speedometer for a while. Also, the ST doesn't have self-canceling turn signals which will pose a problem until a install an after-market self-canceling unit. Why Honda chose to put a fuel mileage computer on the bike and no self canceling signals is a conundrum.

Thanks for all of the help on this forum over the past couple of years.