Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 03-27-2010, 02:00 PM   #1

Front Run/Turn Signals on back?

04 Nomad
I have a set of front turn signals. I found the they are shorter the the rear. BUT you can pop the light socket out very easy.. The wirs are shorter then the stock rear,, so I will extend,,,,
WHERE can I get Stock style plug in connections? What is the color code for run.turn? I traced the wire to under the seat. can I use any hot wire to power the run light? if so what color? Im looking for my manual for color code but its burried since I moved,,,,,,, THANKs Rich

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-27-2010, 03:05 PM   #2
Sr. Contributor

The red wire under the seat is the same on to the tail lamp running lamp. The lt blue is the STOP lamp.

I am not aware of what 'stock style' connectors are back there. Are they not just male and female bullet connectors?

A problem with billets is they come in several sizes and I never did know how they were measured. To me it seems each maker has his own awy to make and measure the buggers.

If it were me and i wish it were, but I don't have any ft sockets to spare.. I would take one to NAPA, VIP, Parts Plus Sanells, and match them up.

Parts Plus aka Sanells has a better selection as i see it .... The only wire at the rear sigs is what ever the real color is for that sig. ANY AND ALL black with yellow is Ground.

According to the 2000 book in the smallest possible friggin print size I can just make out with these old eagle eyes, and no reedin' glasses, and this is the biggest lie i told in a while, since I need to gang up 6 pairs of reedin glasses to just see it at all, and I know yer sitting on the book so you can reach the keyboard you rat

It says..... the bike side is 'GY' meaning Gray fer RIGHT w/ black yellow

AND for the left is 'G' = Green.

Good damnned thing they don't build boat lighting huh?

Both socket sides are gray and w/ black and yellow... I think that means you need to send me one side, and I will see about getting up a pair of left sides...

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 03-27-2010, 09:48 PM   #3

Bill THANKs for the info.. Ill check the auto store.. Plus I have to get a soldering gun as well.from Radio Shack and some solder..
I did find out the sockets pop out easy,so thats good..I have to get some stranded wire as well.... HAVE to light up my rear

Old 03-28-2010, 06:46 AM   #4

Rich
I did the same to my bike. Run them as running lights. Same thing as you did. I took the sockets out of front housings and put them in the rear housings. I used some extra wireloom to bring the wire all the way up to hook under the seat. I used a test light to find the hot wire for running lights then spliced in and soldered it together. It is still on the fender side of the connectors so that the fender comes off when changing tires. I cannot remember wire color but a small test light/meter takes just a couple seconds to find it.
Mark

Old 03-28-2010, 06:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damark115
Rich
I did the same to my bike. Run them as running lights. Same thing as you did. I took the sockets out of front housings and put them in the rear housings. I used some extra wireloom to bring the wire all the way up to hook under the seat. I used a test light to find the hot wire for running lights then spliced in and soldered it together. It is still on the fender side of the connectors so that the fender comes off when changing tires. I cannot remember wire color but a small test light/meter takes just a couple seconds to find it.
Mark
Mark Thanks,, I didnt think of outting the splice on the fender side,, I probly would have use the other side and got POd when I removed the fender cause I would have to re cut the wire lol..... Thanks,,Rich

Login or Register to Remove Ads