Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 06-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #1

PCV custom Maps

I am just about to install the Power Commander V on my Vaquero...

I want to be as prepared as possible, so I started looking for some custom maps to save in my program, just so I am ready to add more mods and try some other tunes.

I couldn't find anything via the search bar, or the old fashioned way. I know there are a few options on the PCV website, but it is very limited. Does anybody have some maps to share? Perhaps a sticky thread with a ton of maps for a bunch of models would be a good idea.

What do you all think? And anybody with some maps for a Vaquero who is willing to share, please let me know!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #2
Mega-Contributor

To get a custom map, take your bike (with the PCV) to a shop that has a dyno and have them tune it. Tuning with a PCV is fairly complicated unless you have a really good understanding of how one works and what the various settings do.

I have a PCV on my bike and use a map from Dynojet.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 06-25-2012, 10:32 PM   #3

I understand that getting it tuned is the best option... However, on many other forums, people freely exchange their custom maps. I was hoping to find some folks on here whom have been in the same boat as me.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:44 PM   #4
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZVaquero View Post
I understand that getting it tuned is the best option... However, on many other forums, people freely exchange their custom maps. I was hoping to find some folks on here whom have been in the same boat as me.
I don't know about that. Since I ride a um...different brand, there's nobody here for me to exchange custom maps with.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 06-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #5

I've got one I've been playing with and have done some minor tweaks on, it's based off a Vaquero dyno run with V&H pipes and a Thunder intake, my Vaquero likes it so far... Shoot me off and email and I'll send it so you can see if you like it...

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-28-2012, 09:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZVaquero View Post
I am just about to install the Power Commander V on my Vaquero...

I want to be as prepared as possible, so I started looking for some custom maps to save in my program, just so I am ready to add more mods and try some other tunes.

I couldn't find anything via the search bar, or the old fashioned way. I know there are a few options on the PCV website, but it is very limited. Does anybody have some maps to share? Perhaps a sticky thread with a ton of maps for a bunch of models would be a good idea.

What do you all think? And anybody with some maps for a Vaquero who is willing to share, please let me know!

What is the model number of the unit you got? I've been getting conflicting data. Where did you find the best deal? Thanks.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesar View Post
What is the model number of the unit you got? I've been getting conflicting data. Where did you find the best deal? Thanks.
Model is 17-033, and I bought it from Dennis Kirk. It was 319 and free shipping. There is a place called Indy Super Cars or Super Bikes... Smething like that which was very cheap, but they were out of them at the moment.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #8
Sr. Contributor

The other option is to get the auto tune option.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11