Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 07-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #121

Not exactly the facts.... but read more about it here.

Both the chain e-mail and the blog post are deceptive, and here's why:

Instead of being a sales tax on all real estate transactions, the 3.8 percent tax is actually a tax on investment income for the wealthy. It applies only to the investment income of single taxpayers who make more than $200,000 or couples who make more than $250,000. (We looked it up in Section 1402 of the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010, titled "Unearned income Medicare contribution

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...e-health-care/

The Devil is in the details of this bill..... they didnt put it into so many pages and un-understandable form for no reason. Hell the ones that passed it admitted not to reading it or even understanding it... they just voted for it cause they were told to.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
1946 George Orwell

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by NRiderUSA; 07-04-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #122

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
I wonder why there's never been a case, or ever will be, of wrapping a bill with hidden parts to reduce restrictions to allow the small business owners to flourish once again? Or a hidden fair or flat tax system?

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 07-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #123

God forbid that any citizen shall be allowed to flourish without the help and control of the government...

Geez... that would probably prove we don't need much government, and those IN the government wouldn't dare do that to themselves!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 07-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #124

Wonder why companies are worried about the future and arent hiring..... could be the writing already on the wall......

Six months from now, in January 2013, five major ObamaCare taxes will come into force:

1. The ObamaCare Medical Device Manufacturing Tax

This 2.3 percent tax on medical device makers will raise the price of (for example) every pacemaker, prosthetic limb, stent, and operating table. Can you remind us, Mr. President, how taxing medical devices will reduce the cost of health care? The tax is particularly destructive because it is levied on gross sales and even targets companies who haven’t turned a profit yet.

These are often small, scrappy companies with less than 20 employees who pioneer the next generation of life-prolonging devices. In addition to raising the cost of health care, this $20 billion tax over the next ten years will not help the country’s jobs outlook, as the industry employs nearly 400,000 Americans. Several companies have already responded to the looming tax by cutting research and development budgets and laying off workers.

2. The ObamaCare High Medical Bills Tax

This onerous tax provision will hit Americans facing the highest out-of-pocket medical bills. Currently, Americans are allowed to deduct medical expenses on their 1040 form to the extent the costs exceed 7.5 percent of one’s adjusted gross income.

The new ObamaCare provision will raise that threshold to 10 percent, subjecting patients to a higher tax bill. This tax will hit pre-retirement seniors the hardest. Over the next ten years, affected Americans will pony up a minimum total of $15 billion in taxes thanks to this provision.

3. The ObamaCare Flexible Spending Account Cap

The 24 million Americans who have Flexible Spending Accounts will face a new federally imposed $2,500 annual cap. These pre-tax accounts, which currently have no federal limit, are used to purchase everything from contact lenses to children’s braces. With the cost of braces being as high as $7,200, this tax provision will play an unwelcome role in everyday kitchen-table health care decisions.

The cap will also affect families with special-needs children, whose tuition can be covered using FSA funds. Special-needs tuition can cost up to $14,000 per child per year. This cruel tax provision will limit the options available to such families, all so that the federal government can squeeze an additional $13 billion out of taxpayer pockets over the next ten years.

The targeting of FSAs by President Obama and congressional Democrats is no accident. The progressive left has never been fond of the consumer-driven accounts, which serve as a small roadblock in their long-term drive for a one-size-fits-all government health care bureaucracy.

For further proof, note the ObamaCare “medicine cabinet tax” which since 2011 has barred the 13.5 million Americans with Health Savings Accounts from purchasing over-the-counter medicines with pre-tax funds.

4. The ObamaCare Surtax on Investment Income

Under current law, the capital gains tax rate for all Americans rises from 15 to 20 percent in 2013, while the top dividend rate rises from 15 to 39.6 percent. The new ObamaCare surtax takes the top capital gains rate to 23.8 percent and top dividend rate to 43.4 percent. The tax will take a minimum of $123 billion out of taxpayer pockets over the next ten years.

And, last but not least...

5. The ObamaCare Medicare Payroll Tax increase

This tax soaks employers to the tune of $86 billion over the next ten years.

As you can understand, there is a reason why the authors of ObamaCare wrote the law in such a way that the most brutal tax increases take effect conveniently after the 2012 election. It’s the same reason President Obama, congressional Democrats, and the mainstream media conveniently neglect to mention these taxes and prefer that you simply “move on” after the Supreme Court ruling.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...#ixzz1zr6fTPbR

1946 George Orwell

Old 07-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #125

Something else to consider, yesterday Montana Congressman Denny Rehberg said that so far lawyers for the government have drafted 14,000 pages of regulations on how Obamacare is going to work and its tax implications

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #126
Sr. Contributor

Since 1987 I have been on my own hook with a pre-existing condition I earned on the Job. Since that day I have not been able to apply for jobs, or heath insurance, always hearing pre-existing condition.

AND SO NOW I WILL BE TAXED?

I don't think so

If this is enforced upon me I will claim the 240 grain flyin ashtrays are worth X $$ each, and ask just how quickly the enforcers wants them delivered!

The main problem I have is I won't vote for Obama, but then I won't vote for Mitt.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 07-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #127
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdog View Post
Something else to consider, yesterday Montana Congressman Denny Rehberg said that so far lawyers for the government have drafted 14,000 pages of regulations on how Obamacare is going to work and its tax implications
HA HA HA that really did make me laff!

Why these lawyers are almost halfway to the little booklet Mass has for gun law at just over 25,000 pages the Judges can't even understand!~

Comrad thanks for that laff

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 07-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac View Post
The main problem I have is I won't vote for Obama, but then I won't vote for Mitt.
There lies the problem... sort of like an episode of South Park where they had the choice of voting for a Duche Bag or a Turd Sandwhich.

I guess it sort of boils down to if you dont vote it counts as a vote for someone....and personally I think we have de-volved into the voting against someone more than voting for someone with the choices we are given. The double talk, the finely worded almost truths and outright lies make it hard to not be discouraged by both parties,

And since they dont have an empty beer can running or a selection of None of the above..... I'm stuck with voting for one of the 2..... bet you can guess who I aint going to vote for.

Sum it up Obama had his chance and showed what he can do with a total Democrat controlled Government at his beck and call.
Hows that job market and Economy working out for you?

1946 George Orwell

Last edited by NRiderUSA; 07-06-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #129
Sr. Contributor

Obama is an imposter, even if he is American. Mitt's record in Mass isn't good either. Mass is called Taxachusettes in NH.

The fact Mitt has a 10 million dollar summer 'shack' on the largest lake in NH, not very far from me, it doesn't set well. He is lackluster at best, just more forked tongue. If you have a dog tell me it's name and I will vote for the dog who can't possible do worse than either of these 2 Jokers.

Hell, I could do better than these 2 Jokers and no one's gonna' vote fer me, and I can't afford that much beer to buy any votes either!

My plan is to ignor the Hell out of ALL public servants, who as I see it are on high paid welfare.

That might sound funny to some guys after my past winter, but I didn't ask for nuthing, while I got alot more than nuthin.

The part where I see the real value is in the letters and notes how ever.

I have no clue as to how to handle the vote, but I am not gonna vote for either one of these chumps.

Look at Mass Gun Law, and their stinkin' taxes! I consider Mass one of the Soviet Republics, as I do any anti gun states.

If I had been asked before this past winter to vote for Duche Bag or a Turd Sandwhich, I would have voted for Duche Bag thinking it would be the lesser of 2 weevils, but not now, not after the lesson I learned and directly from Ms. Duche Bag herself!

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Last edited by macmac; 07-06-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #130
Top Contributor

Mac...it's good to have you back! I hope things are looking up a bit for you and Mrs.Mac....
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 07-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #131

Nice to hear to ole' woodsman speaking to us again

I promise everyone, I will be all over Romney's @ss if he pulls a bunch of crap on us.

I don't like any politician, and feel the problems we have are all created by the lot of them. So, in my opinion, "they" ARE the problem.

So, I intend to ride all their @sses while they are in office in hopes their nonsense settles down some.

We are damned near where we need to march on Washington and our state capitals to show some resistance to their BS (especially here in Illinois -- good grief... what an example of how NOT to run a government).

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417