Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > National Rally 2017 - Lake George, NY

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2016, 05:44 PM   #1

Official information: 2017 national rally

It's been a long wait, but it's finally here.

The Northeast US and Eastern Canada regions would like to invite you to beautiful upstate New York for the 2017 VBA National Rally.

The rally will be held in Lake George, NY, bordering the Adirondack State Park, with plenty of great riding, lots of restaurants, and lots of things to do. If you've never been to this region or to New England, now is a great opportunity to explore a portion of the country that is wonderfully diverse.

The rally will held during the week of July 17, with check-in on Monday, July 17th and check-out on Friday, July 21st.

While we understand that the ride to the northeast will be significant for those on the western side of the country, I would certainly encourage you to make the effort if you can. It promises to be a great rally.

We'll be staying at the Springhills Rodeway Inn, which is just a short distance from Lake George Village and the lake itself, set back from the main road, a short distance from the highway, and with a nice big parking area and plenty of green space.

All the details for making reservations are below. Please note the following:

As is the case with many motels in this area, the Springhills Rodeway Inn is closed for the winter, and won't reopen until May 31st, 2017. Nonetheless, the front desk will still be staffed, although not 24x7 as it will be once it is open. The best time to call is between 9 AM and 5 PM eastern. Even then, if no one answers the phone, leave a message along with a phone number where you can be reached. You should receive a call back within 24 hours or so.

To make a reservation, follow the instructions below:
Call the motel at: 518-668-4141
At the recorded greeting, dial 1 for reservations:
Tell the agent that you are a member of the VBA Rally group, and want to make a reservation.
Leave a message if no one answers the phone.

We have 50 rooms on hold until June 23rd, 2017. You must book your reservation by this date in order to receive the VBA rate. Also, any rooms not booked by this date will be released to the public. Cancellations can be made without penalty up until 15 days before your arrival date.
5 rooms with a single king bed for $95.99 / night
45 rooms with two queen beds for $89.99 / night

I will start a second thread to keep track of those who have made reservations. Once you have reserved a room, please post to that thread with the number of people attending, the number of bikes, the number and type of room(s) reserved, and your expected arrival and departure date.

I've prepared a package, which can be opened by clicking on the link at the bottom of this post, that has additional details about making reservations, the cancellation policy, as well as on the rally itself. The package also contains numerous additional links, and I would encourage you to explore the area through them.

I'll be posting additional information to this thread as it becomes available.

It's a great area and this promises to be a great rally. We really hope you can attend and look forward to seeing everyone, especially those that we only know through postings.

And if you've never been to a VBA Rally, they are great events. You will never meet a better group of folks where strangers will quickly become friends. Come and put a face to some of those names. You won't regret it.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/9cf9d6_ac10...bf4bf55a16.pdf

Tom Maziarz (tomm)
VBA #00766
2008 Kawasaki Nomad (Black)
1978 Suzuki GS750EC (My son is riding it now.)

2017: National Rally - Lake George, NY
2016: NE US / E Canada Rally - Mont Tremblant, QC
2015: National Rally - Eureka Springs, AR
2014: NE US / E Canada Rally - Lincoln, NH
2012: NE US / E Canada Rally - Wellsboro, PA

Login or Register to Remove Ads