Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Images & Video

Old 04-02-2014, 01:16 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscoe View Post
Harley owners need to realize that not every other biker sits around and dreams of the day they can own a Harley too. My Voyager is a great bike for me, and at less than have the price of a HD Ultra Electro Classic Gliding Sportster, I am very happy with its performance, looks, and reliability. I am also very happy with the size of my pecker. If you love your HD Victory Injun, more power to you. Have a nice day.
No one said they were not good bikes... But there is a difference, which was the point, the only point being made. So you can put your pecker down now.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-02-2014, 01:56 PM   #47

I'm happy with the size of mine too, but the wife...

David Hollinger
2002 Beige 1500 "Hannah2"
VBA # 02195

Old 04-06-2014, 05:44 PM   #48
Advanced Member

in all honesty, I would be riding a Harley right now if they hadn't tried to screw me when I went to buy one. I was looking at a 2012 RoadGlide, they wanted $20,000 AND my 2008 Nomad 1600 which had 30,000 miles on it but was pretty much in like new condition. I told them they were crazy and went to the Kawasaki dealer and bought the vaquero I currently own. No regrets, I love my vaquero, its a great bike and being my 3rd Vulcan I know how dependable it is.
In my opinion there are two areas where Harleys stand out, one being the paintwork, its flawless and they don't use cheap stickers in the paint jobs. Secondly, and this is the biggest thing Harley has going for it, is the network of dealerships and the parts they have in stock at any given time. If you're traveling and have bike problems on the road more then likely there is a Harley dealer nearby and they will have the parts needed to get you back on the road. If you're on a metric bike or even a victory you're probably going to have to wait for them to order your parts and to get them in before they can even begin to take care of you. More then likely you're going to be renting a car and trailer and trailering your bike home.
That said, yes Harley pays more attention to certain details but I don't consider Harley to be a "better" bike, mechanically the Kawasaki and other metrics are every bit as dependable.

2012 Vaquero
Special edition Candy Lime Green / Ebony
Cobra slip on exhaust, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Cobra FI2000 Fuel Processor, Quick release trunk, Front & rear crashbars powdercoated black, Paul Yaffee stealth 3 tag frame, Arlen Ness grips, Corbin seat, Custom pinstripping, Rear LED strip turn signals, Stock rear turnsignals / tagframe assembly removed