Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 05-07-2010, 06:42 AM   #16

AZ to eliminate freeway speed cameras

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwilson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunrider

I still like the traffic light cams, regardless of Car & Driver reports. I had to come to a complete stop at a local traffic light a few weeks ago to prevent being T-boned by a concrete truck. In Thibodaux, LA cops are routinely parked at traffic light intersections ticketing the knuckleheads that try to beat the lights by floorboarding through the yellow. Stupid SOB's need to spend time in jail. Broadside collisions always generate more fatalities than rear end collisions. The object of the cams may be to generate revenue but they still save lives.
+1

Drive safe and follow the law and you shouldn't ever be worried about "corporate-welfare"; or municipalities "increasing revenue".
Curious what your take will be when you stop suddenly to not run the risk of a $50 ticket, and the truck behind you runs your ass over becasue he couldn't stop that quick. Good bye new Harley.

I wonder what you all will think if a corporation from another country comes here to round up every bike with a non-EPA compliant exhaust system and give them a ticket, sending most of the money out of the country.

Of course you all could follow the law and keep the EPA approved pipes on and not have to worry about it, so I suppose it would be fine.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #17

Mitch...South LA can't be any worse on red light violations than Shreveport. There are certain intersections here that after I have gotten a green light, I have watched 4-5 cars turn left in front of me and two other lanes of traffic. I guess that the RED is only a suggestion, huh?

Old 05-07-2010, 03:24 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lund
Quote:

+1

Drive safe and follow the law and you shouldn't ever be worried about "corporate-welfare"; or municipalities "increasing revenue".
Curious what your take will be when you stop suddenly to not run the risk of a $50 ticket, and the truck behind you runs your ass over becasue he couldn't stop that quick. Good bye new Harley.
Dan, Did your crystal ball reveal a new Harley in my life ??? Just to easy your concern, I won't have to stop suddenly at a yellow or red traffic light because I slow down when approaching a "stale" green light. Take the Smith Driving Course and maybe you won't get harrassed by the police so often.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 05-07-2010, 05:22 PM   #19

[quote=Cajunrider ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Dan Lund":8gboh57d

Dan, Did your crystal ball reveal a new Harley in my life ??? Just to easy your concern, I won't have to stop suddenly at a yellow or red traffic light because I slow down when approaching a "stale" green light. Take the Smith Driving Course and maybe you won't get harrassed by the police so often. [/quote:8gboh57d]

I don't know what I was smoking, but I thought I was talking to Greg ??? :-/

You didn't respond to the part about foreign bounty hunters rounding up non EPA compliant pipes though.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #20

WYOMING-still the land of the free !
VBA # 745 COG #11621
wheatland,wy.
rallies-custer 09,kalispell 10,crescent city 11,kanab 12,estes park 13,orifino 14.,red lodge 16

2015 ninja 1000 abs
2014 concourse 14
2012 concourse 14-sold
2011 vaquero-sold
2008 nomad-sold
2005 classic-sold

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-08-2010, 07:41 AM   #21
Advanced Member

We have red light cameras in our area. If you are caught, you will get a letter with a picture of the driver, vehicle, and the license plate, along with a fine amount and where to send it. HOWEVER, if the words "Notice to Appear" are nowhere to be found in the paperwork, it is not a real ticket. It is a way to get the unknowledgable folk to part with a few hundred bucks. The letter can be tossed in the round filing cabinet without worry of a warrant.

Check this in your area.

VBA 00735
VROC 28102

2008 KVN MOB & NS

The only hand-held device that should be legal to use while driving is the STEERING WHEEL!

Old 05-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #22
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

[quote=Dan Lund]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Cajunrider ":nfpzid20

Dan, Did your crystal ball reveal a new Harley in my life ??? Just to easy your concern, I won't have to stop suddenly at a yellow or red traffic light because I slow down when approaching a "stale" green light. Take the Smith Driving Course and maybe you won't get harrassed by the police so often.
I don't know what I was smoking, but I thought I was talking to Greg ??? :-/

You didn't respond to the part about foreign bounty hunters rounding up non EPA compliant pipes though. [/quote:nfpzid20]

Mitch, that'll teach ya for interrupting!!!! go to your corner and don't come out until your tone settles down son!

Greg, you crack me up! Shame on you too!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 05-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #23

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC

Here we go.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 05-15-2010, 07:48 AM   #24

I applaud those few who often stand up for cops and our elected officials.

Nothing works perfect. Some people always seem to look for a possible tiny element of potential government impropriety to try and justify their law violator position, or action, which actually puts our safety at risk.

Yeah, I will admit to being a retired cop. No big deal, I am retired. I am also a Kawanow member who lost his car, trailer, and Nomad to a red light violator two weeks ago returning home from a Kawanow ride.

The violator came out from under a bridge doing 30mph and past a car stopped at a red light to enter the intersection on her stale red light. We were traveling about 20mph and had a second before the right angle collision. Our 5X10 trailer remained safety chained to our car but flipped on top of the Nomad and slid.

The insurance adjusters say everything is totalled. The red light violator is now saying, we ran the red light. Fortunately,a witness stayed on the scene. More importantly, I thank GOD, he protected all of us involved from much worse injuries.

I wish they had numerous cameras on that intersection, even if a portion of the proceeds went to another Country on a legally mandated low bid contract or the cameras sometime malfunction.

If we obey our laws, the cameras should help protect us. They may even help prove we were in the right in a collision. As a motorcycle rider, I should be even more concerned that traffic violators are caught and punished.

Thanks for not sitting quiet Mitch, Wilson, TC, et al. Of course, all are entitled to our opinions. But since I am still bruised and have no Nomad to enjoy this spring, I really appreciated your comments. I wonder how many people would feel like me if they had walked in my shoes.

billmac

P.S. I bought my Nomad new and it was perfect. The 1700 is a different bike. My Nomad warranty was good till 2014.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:30 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lund
Quote:

+1

I wonder what you all will think if a corporation from another country comes here to round up every bike with a non-EPA compliant exhaust system and give them a ticket, sending most of the money out of the country.

Of course you all could follow the law and keep the EPA approved pipes on and not have to worry about it, so I suppose it would be fine.
What HAVE you been smoking Dan ???

Where did you come up with the wild-story about pipes???

So... you're saying we should allow people to run red lights, because that is "just the way it is"; and we therefore shouldn't have cameras so that you can break the law... or break the law to protect yourself?

If that is the case... if you break laws habitually... then you ARE the problem... if you break the law for safety reasons... I would think you would want camera-evidence to prove you needed to break the law to keep from getting killed. I would safely assume any court would not punish you for keeping yourself alive. ;)

Personally, I'll be like Mitch... downshifting, and dragging the brakes on a stale-green light... with my eyes on the cars all around me.

PS: My pipes are stock -- EPA approved... so even if a "foreign company" came into the U.S. to collect unapproved bikes... I wouldn't be affected :)

I suggest people find a way to follow the law, rather than find ways to break the law. Our courts are already over-stressed with law-breakers -- especially habitual law-breakers. ;)

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417