Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 03-07-2008, 09:14 AM   #151

In the hospital-not bike related!

Morning Dan. Is this the big day ? Keepin my fingers crossed for ya.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-07-2008, 09:16 AM   #152

I'm still hooked up here, but I'll be outa here by this afternoon some time :) :)

Old 03-07-2008, 09:35 AM   #153

YAY! We'll be thinkin of ya as the nurses wheel you out to your new ride this afternoon!!! Congrats on the pending escape.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:37 AM   #154

Good for you Dan. About time.

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 03-07-2008, 09:43 AM   #155

And the nurses behind the camera were just getting flirty last night :)

When I get up to use the bathroom, the robotic camera pans as you walk away, then when I look out the window it follow, same with getting back in bed. I usually get in bed and when the camera finds me on the bed I wave to them.

Last night she was getting flirty and zooming in on my face and stuff.

If I had another week, the possibilities :)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-07-2008, 09:49 AM   #156

LOL, it's probably robo nurse .

Old 03-07-2008, 10:00 AM   #157

Quote:
LOL, it's probably robo nurse .
Actually they are called the "Tech's" and they come adjust the electrodes that get loose. She was an attractive flirty lady when she came and adjusted, then was flirty with the camera.

But that was the first, some of the others have been pleasant, but there was one butch, pissed at the world one, who unfortunately was the one that hooked me all the way back up last week. She was a nurse Ratchet from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

I've had some really good nurses, and only a couple of bad ones.

All in all, they've treated me pretty good here, not counting the food :)

Old 03-07-2008, 10:02 AM   #158

Pack-up Dude and get the hell outathere!

Old 03-07-2008, 10:17 AM   #159

I will give you until 4pm today to get out of there. And if your not i will break you out of there. But before i do i want a word with the mean nurse!!!!!!!HAHAHA!!!!!! Hope you get out of there soon Dan, and you are not allowed to go back there ever!!

Old 03-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #160
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
[quote:80qh1v8m]I can relate Dan. Some of the things I did in cars when I was in my teens was SO STUPID (see definition of teenager). I guess that's why I am always telling mine how important it is to be careful in a car. Frankly, I just got lucky several times.

Part of my job as many of you know, is handling the disposition of totaled cars. I have taken both my kids on several occassions to look at some of these. They used to say something like red "WOW they must have been flying"...then I tell them it was about a 30mph impact and the car is ripped to shreads....opens their eyes.....those cages are not as safe as we like to think...most impacts truely are not at that high of a rate of speed.

Anyway, glad you too seem to have gotten lucky....bet several others on here fit that category!
Yes, I'm one of many that are lucky to have survived my teen years, and lucky to not have been caught doing things like borrowing cars that didn't belong to me.

That was smart to show your kids the effect of car accidents. One thing that I did that I wish I hadn't with my kids was drive aggressively with them. They were way into cars by virtue of the type of cars I owned when they were young.

They loved going fast and would say "faster". In my 5.0 Mustang there was a certain S curve that they loved to have me go real fast through, and having kids that liked what I liked was fun.

By the time they were nearing teens, I got wise and wondered what effect I was having on them and the way they would drive. I dialed way back, and hoped the damage wasn't already done :(

My kids are still way into cars, they are 19 and 26, and are still alive. No thanks to my poor example. [/quote:80qh1v8m]

My first car was a 64 Impala SS. I remember racing it in downtown Salt Lake City against a 71 Cougar going down a one-way street blowing through the red lights along the way. Can you say S-T-U-P-I-D? Never got caught, either. Oh, and I won a 12-pack of beer doing it.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 03-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #161

Congrat on your pending escape. Made like hockey and get the puck outa there!

Old 03-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #162
Top Contributor

Quote:
I will give you until 4pm today to get out of there. And if your not i will break you out of there. But before i do i want a word with the mean nurse!!!!!!!HAHAHA!!!!!! Hope you get out of there soon Dan, and you are not allowed to go back there ever!!
Be careful dakals, she may decide she has plans for you.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 03-07-2008, 02:01 PM   #163

Woo Whoo, I've got the electrodes off, and had an hour long shower trying to get the glue out. I'm clean and dressed in real clothes, and can get up and walk around with out making sure a pile of wires isn't catching on anything.

I'll get one more easy test done in an hour and a half, talk with the Doctors and my wife, and then I'm outa here!

I won't lose my license, and that was my biggest worry. The Doctor didn't get the evidence he wanted to publish his findings, but like taking your car to the mechanic and the problem goes away when you get there, I'll go home and have it happen at night again :(

But I've got a medication and will be free and clear to ride and drive.

It was a long 12 days, and I appreciate you all being patient with this off topic thread and keeping me in mind, it certainly helped pass the time and gave me something to look forward to.

My posts will slow down now that I go back to real life :)

Thanks all or you.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:29 PM   #164
Top Contributor

do you feel these coming on Dan where you could pull over to the side of the road if on your nad? or do they just hit you? Good Luck !!!

Old 03-07-2008, 05:20 PM   #165
Top Contributor

Glad to hear that you're getting out! Keep safe.

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009