Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-20-2017, 09:33 PM   #16

Well, since this thread is about over I thought I would ask if the ride On Saturday in Boscobel, WI could be diverted to the Largest 6 Pack in the world? La Cross, WI. ?? I threw that in to make it more enticing. It would save me 2 hours back to Minneapolis. I know it is a long shot but thought I would ask. I mean what the hell, the worlds largest 6 pack how can you not ask why and not want to see it?? Plus it is up HYW 35 the great river road in Wisconsin. Not possible, I understand. I want to participate. But I do not have the time or funds to stay over night. Any Chance???

2016 1700 Vaquero 10/4/2016
2007 1500 Classic W/ Reckless Fairing, 42,000 miles
2004 600 Honda Shadow 18,000 miles
1989 500 Honda CX Custom 55,000 miles
1973 400 Kawi Triple 5,000 miles

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-22-2017, 09:17 AM   #17

I'm just a guest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarr10 View Post
Well, since this thread is about over I thought I would ask if the ride On Saturday in Boscobel, WI could be diverted to the Largest 6 Pack in the world? La Cross, WI. ?? I threw that in to make it more enticing. It would save me 2 hours back to Minneapolis. I know it is a long shot but thought I would ask. I mean what the hell, the worlds largest 6 pack how can you not ask why and not want to see it?? Plus it is up HYW 35 the great river road in Wisconsin. Not possible, I understand. I want to participate. But I do not have the time or funds to stay over night. Any Chance???
Mostly when I go on these things - I go with the attitude that I'm just a guest. Wherever they go I go. Also, I know that this Boscobel adventure has been the IWWTFRG - I Wonder Where This F'n Road Goes. One time we ended up over in Minnesota and crossed back at LaCrosse. For me it's the LACK of Planning that makes this trip interesting.

All that said - Ask - worst they can do is tell you to go "Crap in your Hat"

Old 09-22-2017, 10:39 AM   #18

MBarr, I have camped in the City Park (with permission from Mayor, simple call and or letter) when visting Boscobel. Taking the tour in La Cross has been a destination before. As Mike stated, just ask. S and NN somewhere between Boscobel and LaCross are fun. If you work it right, you can hit Wildcat Mountain and get 2.5 miles of board dragging in while at it!

Ride safe,
Smokier

Old 09-22-2017, 07:01 PM   #19

I see it is a Crap in the Hat, but if I'm late its Green eggs and Ham for me Sam. To make it a day trip I need to leave Minneapolis at 330am And Wis 35 is not a road for the dark, that leaves me with 35W south or 94E to Madison till the sun comes up. Back to the maps I guess. Janesville, WI just 40 miles south of Madison puts me 20 Miles west of Dads house so That may be the way to spend the night. Then 6hrs Sunday back to Minneapolis. Testing the AirHawk.

2016 1700 Vaquero 10/4/2016
2007 1500 Classic W/ Reckless Fairing, 42,000 miles
2004 600 Honda Shadow 18,000 miles
1989 500 Honda CX Custom 55,000 miles
1973 400 Kawi Triple 5,000 miles

Old 10-02-2017, 01:19 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokier View Post
IM(H)O, the ride is 'softer' on the radials. They do hide some of the smaller bumps and cracks felt by the tush. So from a "comfort" perspective, they get better marks. From a FEEL the ROAD and HANDLING perspective, they get lower (than BIAS) marks. I believe "We" are accustomed to the BIAS ply feedback. With radials, some of that feedback is gone. I am sure 'we' could get used to the feedback provided by the radials...

I saw no improvement in MPG's, so no benefit there.

Did that help? Did I answer your question?
Thanks Smokier for your answer. Pretty much told me what I wanted to know. Think I'll stick with my Michelin Commander II's when time to re-tire.

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-06-2018, 06:55 AM   #21

I have a 2016 Vaquero. Whatever you do don’t go with Bridgestone Exedra. Bridgestone is the stock tire and it lasted to 7k miles. I was forced to buy a new tire while on a trip and got a great price in Vegas. And of course, the replacement was a Bridgestone Exedra that is more than half dead after 4K miles. It rides great and fine but I need miles. Last year was a 7.5 thousand mile trip, this year is a 5.5k mile trip and next year is a near 10k miles trip. I am going to Commander 2. I know for a fact that is the best tire and can’t wait.