Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Australian Group

Old 07-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to aj
Off to LA & LV!

Finally, after 6 yrs of yes,no,yes,no the child bride and I are of to the US. Going to do all the shmaltzy tourist things AND will be hiring a Voyager for a couple of days riding. I will also post in the US Gen site to see if I can get some ideas. Head off Sept 18, Cant wait!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #2

Off to LA & LV!

Finally, after 6 yrs of yes,no,yes,no the child bride and I are of to the US. Going to do all the shmaltzy tourist things AND will be hiring a Voyager for a couple of days riding. I will also post in the US Gen site to see if I can get some ideas. Head off Sept 18, Cant wait!!

Old 07-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #3

Off to LA & LV!

Old 07-29-2010, 08:06 AM   #4
Advanced Member

Off to LA & LV!

good on ya aj, we need pics or it didnt happen mate..

Old 08-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #5

Off to LA & LV!

Thats the plan Jamie, once its done might not be able to get back there. They have laws over there!!!LOL

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-03-2010, 07:32 PM   #6

Off to LA & LV!

Aj, Let me know if you make plans to visit New Orleans. If I'm not working at the time we could meet up. I'm only 60 miles from the Big Easy.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 08-14-2010, 12:53 PM   #7

Off to LA & LV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj
Could you provide the info on where you found Voyagers for rental? While I'd rather ride out to CA and visit my buddy, the logistics would be better to fly in and ride.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:19 AM   #8

Off to LA & LV!

G'day Larry, this is the site (the only site) that I have been emailing. Hopefully all will fall into place. http://werentmotorcycles.com/Kawaski_Voyager.html

I noticed you're a "Red Knight" what FB are you with?

Old 08-17-2010, 02:47 PM   #9

Off to LA & LV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj
G'day Larry, this is the site (the only site) that I have been emailing. Hopefully all will fall into place. http://werentmotorcycles.com/Kawaski_Voyager.html

I noticed you're a "Red Knight" what FB are you with?
Currently with Pasadena, Texas running out of Station 8 and Chevron Phillips Chemical at the plant where work as a process operator.
I "retired" after volunteering for 23 yrs with South Houston trading a white helmet with bugles for a black helmet with a "Probie" shield back in '04. Finally shed of the administrative headaches, it is fun again. 9 more years and I can retire again.
http://pasadenavfd.com/

Old 09-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #10

Off to LA & LV!

AJ, if you've already booked the bike, great, I'm sure you'll love it.

If not, there's another option you may want to consider, depending upon your whole USA plan.

Eaglerider.com has one-way rentals often, at significantly reduced rates. For example, right not there's a one-way rental on a HD Street Glide from San Francisco to San Diego for $59 per day, unlimited miles, available from Sept 21 in San Fran, having the bike in SD by Sept 26.

To see it, go to eaglerider.com, click on Hot Deals and then on One Way Rentals.

Is your plan still to just ride a couple of days around LA ? I note that you are going to Vegas... are you planning to ride there from LA ?

Brian

Old 09-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #11

Off to LA & LV!

Cheers for that Brian, plans have changed a bit (as they do) I will be tight for time as I have to visit the Dept Criminal Justice in Longbeach and the LBFD to meet some great guys who deal in Em, A great opertunity! So in the end will play it by ear and if the chance arrises.......I'm off on 2 wheels!!!

Old 09-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #12

Off to LA & LV!

Understood.

Well, for a few day trip ideas..

- Rockstore. Google it, its on Mullholland Highway in the mountains behind Malibu. Great bike hangout and great roads getting there, lots of options for roads to get there and get home.

- Cold Spring Taven. An old stage coach stop, this is a little further from LA but still an easy day trip. In the mountains behind Santa Barbara. If you are up for a full day you can go to Ojay, follow route 33 to route 166, then head West to Santa Maria and make your way south to route 154 and the Taven, followed by Santa Barbara and then back to LA

- Frazier Park loop... ride up the 5 freeway and turn off to Frazier Park, from there you can take a couple of options to hook up to Route 33 again, south to Ojay and then back to LA.

- Big Bear Lake is nice for a day trip. You get up into the woods and can ride "Rim of the World" highway back. Great twisty ascent and descent from the mountains.

- If you want to see the desert there are a couple of options. You can head out towards Palm Springs, then up through Idyllwild (pine forest) then down into the plans, down to Anza and the desert, Warner Springs, Borego Springs, Julian and head back along a number of options that get you to the coast to return north to LA.

Be happy to help for or even ride with you if I get a change, depending on the exact day. Feel free to post or PM me when you are here in USA.

There are some truly great places to ride, so be sure to make the time for it !

Cheers,
Brian

Old 10-25-2010, 07:14 PM   #13
Sr. Contributor

Off to LA & LV!

What happened?
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]