Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 09-08-2015, 11:48 PM   #1

Howling coyote motorcycle camp ground in alberta

Was the only chance I had this year to get out and see this unusual venue here in Alberta. I have been two years wanting to take a look and report on this unusual property geared to the motorbike industry. I will post more on this in the spring as a reminder to all you Canadian Riders to please support this locally owned business more.

What is it well Alberta's only Motorcycle only Camp Grounds geared to Motorcycles only. Unless you can pull it behind your bike it does not belong here. It is a wonderful and is in a beautiful location by Smoky Lake in Alberta with 47 sites in the forest on a couples land and it is called "Howling Coyote Motorcycle Campgrounds". This site is not far from the city of Edmonton and easy hour and 15 minute ride. Each site can host 2 tents set ups easily. They have fire pits at each site and this shocks me to no end the fire wood is free yes free and picnic tables at each site and remember in the trees and grassed areas your not on worn out camp site. Plenty of outdoor out houses scattered though out the property along with a main building that houses two up to date very clean spotless actually wash rooms with showers. This building also houses Grannies General Store with camping supplies, food stuffs, snacks and for your drinking pleasure a vast selection of brewing pleasures yep beers and other stuff.

On the property also is a gathering place building for everyone in the evening or daytime to meet and greet one another. It is a large venue and has a bbq and horse shoe pit and other games supplied for your entertainment. Picnic tables are supplied inside this venue also. It is clean also and has the ability to power a band or some sort of music entertainment. They do have special events planned in the summer months. A motorcycle rodeo is held each year usually in August with many forms of entertainment and live entertainment also.

There is allot to do in the area from seeing the local historic landmarks, which are many to visits to the local towns which are on excellent well paved highways and even a day trip to the city of Edmonton can be taken in from this location. Cold Lake is a must see with our Canadian Forces Base. St. Paul is close and has most of the dinning landmarks we find in a the larger big cities with Boston Pizza and Smitty Restaurant and much more.

The owners are Dianne and Les and they will look after all your concerns when you stay at their camp grounds they can not do enough for you it seems. I stayed on a very wet and rainy Labour Day Long Weekend and they sure did not let me down they checked on me often to make sure I was doing ok and we had many a good chat in the process. This is a dream of theirs to have a successful business related to motorcycles as they are riders themselves. They know the stigma that comes along with owning a motorcycle and would like to help change that with their camp ground and venue. Now your wondering what the cost is to stay here well I am going to shock you to the core. With all they supply site, free firewood, store, the venue building and much more it is really below what you would expect at $20.00 a night. On special events cost can be more but usually with the raised cost something free is included in the pricing for the event.

You are really missing out on a experience and if your a motorcycle rider you must lend your support to them at some point during the summer months it is a must do being a biker not a never do a must do. Please let others know of this well run location and facility for us motorcycle riders only we need to get out and show our support and keep this venue open and operating in the years to come.

Below is contact information for Les and Dianne and a rather crude video showing some of their property a small portion of it on a very cold, wet long weekend in September. I sure glad I took the time to see this and will be back many times in the following year and years to come.

Thanks,

Dave

http://howlincoyotemotorcyclecampground.yolasite.com/ THEIR WEBSITE

Phone: 780-646-6382 or 780-656-5764

Email: howlincoyote@mcsnet.ca
We are located on the south-west corner of RR 141 and HWY# 652 in the County of Smoky Lake in north eastern Alberta or use GPS coordinates Lat.53.975243N Long. 111.965904W. Paved Highway all the way!

Reservations or questions contact LC or Dianne @ 780-646-6382 or 780-656-5764

please take a look crude video and was very cold dipped to 1 above and rained heavy for a couple days.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-11-2015, 10:59 AM   #2

Thanks Dave..I'm in Mac, so its just a 4 hr. ride for me. Not this yr. but next I will definitely check it out. I'm familiar with the area..just up the road a ways in Wasetna is the Ironhorse restaurant....excellent food...Bdog

Old 09-12-2015, 01:52 AM   #3

Hey never new about that restaurant have to check it out see a bit about it on Facebook but please tell me more about this interesting place. Would be awesome if a bunch of us Northern Vulcan riders could do a weekend there at the Howling Coyote Camp Grounds actually a unplanned rally really I am not much for plans. Would be good next year if we could come on guys step up to the plate.

Last edited by buckey1313; 09-12-2015 at 03:33 AM.

Old 02-23-2016, 01:08 PM   #4

My kind of campsite! I will definitely check this place out.
Thanks for sharing

Tags
alberta, camp grounds, edmonton, motorcycle camping