Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 05-03-2014, 09:45 PM   #46
Sr. Contributor

Sam I recall that. Like coal burning steam driven locomotives , real 90% silver dollars, and have a last 1957 silver certificate, a 'promise' of value in a dollar, backed up by the US Mint and the Govt. Some promise And now we get the before it goes thru the COW

I do hope you are getting ready for your UPC code Once I was on the 'IN' to promote new plastic credit cards. At the time I turned it down and I also turned down opps with thin plastic red bricks.

Well at least so far no one has accused me of being very smart.

The govt has one thing right however they back up the promise of we the people will get bovine chit I have a question ...........

And Oh I am quite possibly the last American to have ever run a real working factory steam engine at a peg mill in NH still making birch pegs for polishing media and for boot heels. These were used like nails one in booth heels. The real guy was going on vacation and i was going on divorce. A nice warm comfy chair in a room around 80 seemed just fine to me for sleeping and throwing birch logs into the boiler all night before working on cars all day driving teams 1/2 the night (horses) and resting feeding that steam engine. Serious I really like knowing i have that feather in my cap. Me: Me is all about where 'we' came from and nothing about where we are going. Hail Doggerland!

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by macmac; 05-03-2014 at 09:50 PM.

Old 05-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #47

..Well folks..I admit to getting 'emotional" about where we were...and where we have come to !..and where we are certainly --headed !

And yea I have a tendency to think faster than my fingers can lay it out..so am a bit incoherent along the way..and at the end, sometime's !

Long Story Short..anyone UNDER age 50-60..just has no memory of what the USA was..at the peak...and have been conditioned thruout a lifetime to swallow the -agenda- that began in ernest in the early 1970's...

In fact with "modern tech" all that was regulated away, in the name of "Ecology".."Job Safety".. "Consumer protection"..."Advancement In Education"..and certainly in "Media Influence"...Could have been Enhanced and to actually help the Average American Citizen ..continue to Out Compete, the rest of the world..If all that $$AID had not been squandered away on useless military action...and shipped by the 2,000 lb pallet (of $100 dollar bills) to the coffer's of the top floaters in country's that are not America's friends..Havent been -Wont be !

Yea guy's like me..and others saw it at the peak, and watched it being sucked away...but we will soon be silent, and wont be bleating about what the rest of the nation has had --DUPED & LOOTED From Them !

As for running steam...the eco-nut'z here closed down the last "Steam Operated Industry" here in the late 80's, when they choked the La pac lumber mill out of business during the great 'Spotted Owl" Scam !

edited for corrections at a quarter til 3:am

Last edited by Silent Sam; 05-05-2014 at 05:41 AM.

Old 05-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #48
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Sam View Post
..Well folks..I admit to getting 'emotional" about where we were...and where we have come to !..and where we are certainly --headed !

And yea I have a tendency to think faster than my fingers can lay it out..so am a bit incoherent along the way..and at the end, sometime's !

Long Story Short..anyone under age 50-60..just has no memory of what the USA was..at the peak...and have been conditioned thruout a lifetime to swallow the -agenda- that began in ernest in the early 1970's...

In fact with "modern tech" all that was regulated away, in the name of "Ecology".."Job Safety".. "Consumer protection"..."Advancement In Education"..and certainly in "Media Influence"...Could have been Enhanced and to actually help the Average American Citizen ..continue to Out Compete, the rest of the world..If all that $$AID had not been squandered away on useless military action...and shipped by the 2,000 lb pallet (of $100 dollar bills) to the coffer's of the top floaters in country's that are not America's friends..Havent been -Wont be !

Yea guy's like me..and others saw it at the peak, and watched it being sucked away...but we will soon be silent, and wont be bleating about what the rest of the nation has had --DUPED & LOOTED From Them !

As for running steam...the eco-nut'z here closed down the last "Steam Operated Industry" here in the late 80's, when they choked the La pac lumber mill out of business during the great 'Spotted Owl" Scam !
You mean what i changed it to I think.... in red

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 05-04-2014, 09:14 PM   #49
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Quote:
Yep the moonshiners have fed the livestock on used mash for a thousand years...
And Ethanol is -capable of- making more horse power than gasoline (you just need higher compression heads..and some restant seals etc)

However..I love my beef products, and the cost of raising beef in the good ole USA has got so high I cant afford a decent steak anymore.. !

So I Researched it ! ...I am looking at moving to Montevideo ..
Sam that's NOT why alcohol motors make more horsepower than gas.. Research it and come back for the correct answer!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 05-04-2014, 09:15 PM   #50
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
all through Colorado I got 50-52 MPG's. In California I get 42-44MPG's Alcohol in the fuel takes it's tole.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-05-2014, 02:29 AM   #51

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Quote:
Woopeee We are on a roll now....

As for the price of "fuel's'..it's not about how much goes outa the USA (now illegal under federal law to export -domestic- produced petro product's.
.THATS WHY THE Koch Brothers ..HQ'ed in Isreal... are..pushing the Key Stone XL Pipe Line thru the aquifer and across the USA.So NON-DOMESTIC OIL CAN BE REFINED AND EXPORTED FROM THE US Soil !leaving the usa with the risk..and pollution !)

When We The People have been -FURTHER Duped And Looted, by the international tribe of greed and evil...the price of fuels available to the 'Great Recovery"..IN The US..will again, go high enough that the 'average joe, can not get a start !..and as per the last 45 years norm...all the small operators across the nation will be pinched out !..leaving the entire "pot' of needed product's being sold by -THE FEW !

...Wooo eeee Here i Goooo, ... Some of us Old School Americans Remember when every little town in the nation with 1500 -2000 people living there had 4 or 5 gas stations..all providing repairs..tires..Hireing high school kids...also several grocery stores....and kids could get smmer jobs on farms and in every business (now ALL OF IT --REGULATED OUT !!)... who believes that all that 'regulation" was not-- Is Not..lobbied into legislation by the "top Floater" that have now taken it all !
And are now dumming down and driving down the late great middle class of the greatest nation in the history of mankind....
Where's it headed ? it's all headed directly into the rise to GODHOOD of the Few !...

Gotta slow down now....breath....uh huh...better go take a ride on my Big Assed Bike...
Wouldn't crude transported by pipe drastically reduce pollution and risk, not to mention being more cost efficient and provide high paying jobs?

Whether crude is sold on the international market or the local market, it will be subject to market forces which depends on quantity and how much consumers are willing to pay.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 05-05-2014, 04:51 AM   #52

..Yea..and I dun tol ya-all I get all goin on where my country went...

regardless of the accuracy of anything I say...everyone need's to research the "fact's"..befor the internet goes the same route as AM radio did ! (all owned by a few..and a total waste of time)

Sometimes I just toss stuff out there..to get someone to respond with a credible addendum ! (I hope I aint "a troll"..but maybe)

As for the Keystone XL...the actual issue, that is almost never mentioned in the media..is the fact that this type of "crude-oil' is Tar Sands..the nastiest type of petroleum in the world...when the pipe breaks (and it will) this garbage-gue will sink -not float- and be impossible to clean up...polluting the aquifer (research this particular aquifer -you have the web-)..those against the Key Stone XL..for the most part just want it re-routed around the aquifer --where key stone already has another pipe line in service and the right away and services already exist !

Now back to the topic..ethanol will make more power when engines are set up for it...it can be run in engines that are set up for gasoline.but wont make its potential power or mileage. and it isnt compatable with gaskets and seals, & o-ring's designed for gasoline (if modern gasoline can be called "gasoline".)

I had just bought a new 92 ranger pickup with the 4 ltr v6 when calif "introduced the new gasoline with "MTBE", in it, my power dropped by about 30% and my mileage went from 25 mpg to 17 mpg...tho the additive was outlawed, and something else is now the "oxygenator" in calif gasoline..my mileage/power, never came back

Old 05-05-2014, 06:26 AM   #53

So, if it leaks and goes to the bottom, what's the big deal?

What if we put the kind of pipe you cain't break down there, would that be ok?

You know, something like the pipe stuff they built the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel with?

That stuff never broke. You can drive tractor-trailer through it and it just wont break.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 05-05-2014, 04:12 PM   #54

As for "non-breakable pipe line's" ... it wont happen based on what the top-floater want to spend in construction...the same company (& subsidiary's) has a bunch of pipe line breaks on the record..tho the influence of the 'top floaters that also own the media..has kept the reports of these spill's in the shadows of the news ...
.All reading my rant's..Be advised, I'm an old school oil/gas drilling industry pro. I LOVE THE PETROLEUM INDUSTRY WORLD WIDE. It's been very good to me...And at the same time I am an Olds School Crop Duster Pilot (I have virtually NO Friend's In The Eco-Crowd)..So when I enter what seem's to be "negative argument" about the pertroleum industry...It's simply the truth...however it a fact that under the control of the "new-ethic" that has emerged over the last 45 years... In many cases..Truth is now, punishable by law ! ..& popular opinion !

Old 05-05-2014, 11:36 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac View Post
...My beef is the lies........ Why should i pay for good gas and get crap that robs power, steals distance, and draws water into my tank? You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see that....
Big Corn lobby
Cobra Scalloped Slip-ons

Thunder Mfg. Intake Gasket
DEI Titanium exhaust header wrap
Corbin heated seat.
Polk Audio db521 speakers
Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 with Mobil 1 M1-110 filter
Kuryakyn Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Pegs
Chrome passenger running board covers
All new fluids and lube.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:40 AM   #56

Quote:
As for "non-breakable pipe line's" ... it wont happen based on what the top-floater want to spend in construction...the same company (& subsidiary's) has a bunch of pipe line breaks on the record..tho the influence of the 'top floaters that also own the media..has kept the reports of these spill's in the shadows of the news ...
.All reading my rant's..Be advised, I'm an old school oil/gas drilling industry pro. I LOVE THE PETROLEUM INDUSTRY WORLD WIDE. It's been very good to me...And at the same time I am an Olds School Crop Duster Pilot (I have virtually NO Friend's In The Eco-Crowd)..So when I enter what seem's to be "negative argument" about the pertroleum industry...It's simply the truth...however it a fact that under the control of the "new-ethic" that has emerged over the last 45 years... In many cases..Truth is now, punishable by law ! ..& popular opinion !
Spooky,,,,,,very spooky indeed.

I bet those sneaky kajillionair top floaters use inferior pipe so it will leak to divert attention from who knows what even more sinister transgressions.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 05-06-2014, 03:03 AM   #57

..Well in my case..I supose it could be all a case of PTSD..after seeing those planes fly into the tall buildings
Or maybe the fault of Mac-D'z for addicting me to them cheesburger's......

Jus...goin out to the garage, and do some pickin, with Elvis

Old 05-06-2014, 09:46 AM   #58

Elvis is always there for solace and therapy in times like this. In case he ain't out there, and maybe on tour in Vegas or something, I think he'd want you get back over to the clinic, as quick as possible, and get the Doctor to adjust those meds.

No need to thank me now.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 05-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #59

Elvis has been renting my garage for years...Salmon Rushte was here for a while..but El and I was running low on $$ for our cheeseburger addiction..and considering that the Iraianians were offering $50 million for Salmons Head...he 'moved on" ;>
(now we have cheeseburgers anytime we want)

Here's a photo of "El" wearing his disguise, during last summers ride together
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FAT ELVIS Rides Away.jpg (6.8 KB, 8 views)

Old 05-07-2014, 04:18 AM   #60

Yea MAC, I know what you are saying...but us old guys have the satisfaction of having been there At The Top...and from here on out... Only We know, and among the younger group...few care !

So I'll bend an elbow to how good it was, running on "Ethyl" :>)