Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

Old 05-19-2008, 10:49 AM   #1

Crazy sight yesterday

My wife and I were driving up to Denver from Colorado Springs yesterday on the freeway. For a while we were following a bike that gave me the creeps to even look at.

It was one of those Big Dog type bikes with the monster rear tire and not much else. The bad ass riding it had really short legs (bike might have been part of "little mans syndrome :) )
He would dangle his legs straight down for miles and miles. His boots were just skimming above the pavement by less than an inch.

He would tailgate the people in front of him and lane jump (lots of traffic, but 75mph) all with both legs dangling down to the pavement. I kept seeing visions of a tire tread or something bashing into a foot and breaking every bone in his foot and ankle.

I told my wife to picture putting your foot out from a bar stool, and letting somebody take a 75mph whack at it with a base ball bat. Then she no longer could look at him either.

When we were finally able to pass him, he had forward controls and put his feet up finally. They barely reached, and it looked as if he dangled them just because it was uncomfortable not being able to fully get his feet on the pegs.

Talk about buying a bike just for the attitude, not because it really works for you. He had the ripped up Tee, bandanna, scowl and everything, just not a bike that would fit.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-19-2008, 02:20 PM   #2

Crazy sight yesterday

Yeah, these types are everywhere.

Your attitude don't mean diddly if you gotta make a panic stop and can't hit the pedal. ::)

Old 05-19-2008, 05:34 PM   #3

Crazy sight yesterday

Last Sunday on the way to Niagara Falls I saw a fella riding a bike with a big set of ape hangers. He looked pretty dumb riding down the highway looking like he was hanging on a clothesline. With all the wind hitting you full force I can't imagine it being fun to ride, or legal for that matter.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 05-19-2008, 10:52 PM   #4
Advanced Member

Crazy sight yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringadingh
Last Sunday on the way to Niagara Falls I saw a fella riding a bike with a big set of ape hangers. He looked pretty dumb riding down the highway looking like he was hanging on a clothesline. With all the wind hitting you full force I can't imagine it being fun to ride, or legal for that matter.
My arms would go numb and end up wrecking and killing myself.