Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

Old 07-04-2014, 06:59 PM   #121
Advanced Member

I use that same gmax modular Dean. Great in the winter and spring hot in the summer. I've been saying i'm getting a 1/2 or 3/4 for the last 2 years. Still haven't ordered one yet must be a reason for that. if I do though gmax makes a inexpensive 3/4 with the same built in sun shield.

I have both a tourmaster mesh for the summer and one for the fall and spring. I also always wear over the ankle boots and full mesh gloves. I suppose if you never used a helmet (Connecticut being a no helmet state) or any other protection you would feel very restricted and hot. For me I'm used to it and feel naked without my gear.

I also have a stebel, 80/100w headlight and should of put a license plate light and or led set on when I did my tire and swing arm. Next time I will for sure. I also do not listen to music. Fact is most motorcycle accidents are the fault of the biker to fast for there skill level, darting in and out of traffic, not paying attention and thinking it cant happen to me.

That's a 1/2 helmet Neil thought that was lid.
VBA #02482

VROC # 36172

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-04-2014, 08:17 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrider View Post
Fact is most motorcycle accidents are the fault of the biker to fast for there skill level, darting in and out of traffic, not paying attention and thinking it cant happen to me.
I agree 100 percent.

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Old 07-04-2014, 08:48 PM   #123

..Injured/broke, my neck in 92...after surgery..I sat in the house for 12 years to dizzy to walk to the bathroom..I would fall over and never know I was going down !

One day I decided that my "legacy" was not going to go from action and adventure -to, "killed by falling and cracking my head on the wood stove--So I Bought My Big Assed Bike !

The first couple of months while riding I had some very close call's...would have just enough time to slam on the brakes..get the kickstand down, and roll off the bike and lay there til the dizziness passed !..there are 'twisty's about 10 minutes from my house...I run those at least once a week now...and since a close call in/during Sturges in 2010 my dizzy spells have disappeared ! (I think that a Big Assed Bike, Should be tax deductible as a medical prescription ..rehab-treatment..and covered under Obama Care !) I always hear my 1/2 helmet..my "theory" is if I take very much of a hit..it will be my neck that does me in..not my head !

Old 07-04-2014, 08:59 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Sam View Post
(I think that a Big Assed Bike, Should be tax deductible as a medical prescription ..rehab-treatment..and covered under Obama Care !)

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Old 07-28-2014, 07:36 AM   #125

I just haven't figured out how to schedule that unintended get off, so I wear my gear all the time or don't ride.

Login or Register to Remove Ads