Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 01-13-2017, 10:17 AM   #46
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
I really like my Kingpin but if parts become a problem I will sell it and find something else.
It is not a Harley so it is not a lifestyle, it is a motorcycle. There are lots of motorcycles out there.
Indian will probably make a crossover bike with Victory technology and re-brand it as Indian anyway.
There is way to much panic going on. Stay calm and breath folks, this to shall pass
I have to disagree with the lifestyle comment. Cruisers are grouped together in the cruiser lifestyle.

Supersport bikes are grouped into the street racer lifestyle.

Cafe bikes are grouped into the rocker lifestyle

Adventure bikes have their lifestyle.

Etc.

Individual motorcyclists choose to embrace or not the associated lifestyle.

I currently own Harley, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Moto Guzzi .

I tell people I am a motorcyclist, not a biker. I average 20,000 miles a year and have ridden the entire lower 48.

There are folks on Vulcans, Star, Victory, Honda, and Suzuki who are in the biker lifestyle.

I bought a Harley because the fit and finish is above the rest. The availability of accessories is above the rest. The quick release feature that allows you to quickly transform the bike is above the rest. And because I can afford Harley.

I find it interesting how people find ways to justify not buying Harley. I was the same, but for me it was their marketing to the bad boy image that kept me from buying in the past. The Vulcan Voyager was my gateway motorcycle to Harley.

2010 Vulcan Voyager, 2007 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2009 Vulcan Nomad

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-13-2017, 10:55 AM   #47
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
The quick release feature that allows you to quickly transform the bike is above the rest.
My BMW quick detachable is quicker than HD to strip down. Just saying. The new bikes have central locking too and the luggage on mine and the new one is air tight. I know the Kawasaki stuff isn't.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 01-13-2017, 11:40 AM   #48
Advanced Member

If Victory is history, what brand is algebra? That's the one that will give you nothing but problems.
PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash

Old 01-13-2017, 02:55 PM   #49

Quote:
You obviously don't go to the Vic forums.
There is at least 7 threads on the same subject. This is what you read,
"Oh my God, Victory bikes are no longer going to be made, the ones we own are not worth anything now. I'm taking all the victory badging off my bike, I will not advertise for a company that shafted me this way. I don't know what I will buy but I must trade this Victory before it is worthless, etc."
Does that answer your question.
Yeah, but that is typical overreaction when news like this comes out. They will settle down and realize that it is not the end of the world. (Here in Canada we are still waiting for the mass immigration of Americans who said that they are coming immediately after the Trump election).

Here's an idea - and I'm sure that Polaris' marketing people are talking about it as I type. If Polaris wanted to create some goodwill with their Victory owners they could offer a significant rebate/credit/cash incentive for those who want to trade them in for a new Indian model. (GM did something like this for the Oldsmobile owners when it was announced that the brand was being dropped).

That would serve to smooth over some of the troubled waters with the Victory owners, offset the (perceived) "reduced trade-in value" and you'd see a spike in Indian sales. I expect that much of the Victory production facilities will be re-tooled for Indians so you want to keep those assembly lines moving.

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Old 01-13-2017, 04:24 PM   #50

Wow, my next bike may have to be a Harley yet. Not interested in the Indian Motorcycles. Especially if Kawi doesn't stay with the touring line. Goldwings don`t fit my body to good or that`s what I would get.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-13-2017, 04:57 PM   #51
Top Contributor

Quote:
You obviously don't go to the Vic forums.
There is at least 7 threads on the same subject. This is what you read,
"Oh my God, Victory bikes are no longer going to be made, the ones we own are not worth anything now. I'm taking all the victory badging off my bike, I will not advertise for a company that shafted me this way. I don't know what I will buy but I must trade this Victory before it is worthless, etc."
Does that answer your question.
You must be quoting somebody we know.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Old 01-13-2017, 09:10 PM   #52
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
My BMW quick detachable is quicker than HD to strip down. Just saying. The new bikes have central locking too and the luggage on mine and the new one is air tight. I know the Kawasaki stuff isn't.
I tried the boxer engine. Just wasn't for me. Don't really like more than 3 cylinders on a bike.

Of the 6 bikes I currently own, 3 V-twins, 2 singles, and 1 parallel twin.

2010 Vulcan Voyager, 2007 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2009 Vulcan Nomad

Old 01-13-2017, 09:46 PM   #53
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I tried the boxer engine. Just wasn't for me. Don't really like more than 3 cylinders on a bike.

Of the 6 bikes I currently own, 3 V-twins, 2 singles, and 1 parallel twin.

The boxer has its own character as does the 6. What drew me to it was it does everything well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 01-13-2017, 09:57 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckrider View Post
(Here in Canada we are still waiting for the mass immigration of Americans who said that they are coming immediately after the Trump election).

Here's an idea - and I'm sure that Polaris' marketing people are talking about it as I type. If Polaris wanted to create some goodwill with their Victory owners they could offer a significant rebate/credit/cash incentive for those who want to trade them in for a new Indian model.
Unfortunately those so called celebrity's were just running their mouths.
They are so out of touch with anything not in there circle of living it is ridiculous. I mean if you made a million dollars an episode for play acting on a TV show or lived in million dollar mansions would you move and leave it all behind? They are just overgrown spoiled privileged brats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
You must be quoting somebody we know.
Actually he does not post a lot on there and when he does he is quite the gentleman
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 01-17-2017, 10:16 PM   #55

So I recently started working at a dealer in North Florida. We found out from Facebook before we were told by Polaris. They did state warranty and parts will continue for 10 years. Now on the flip side, when we have polaris atv come in for service and warranty work they can sit for 2-3 month before polaris is able to get service the parts needed for repair.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:50 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
So I recently started working at a dealer in North Florida. We found out from Facebook before we were told by Polaris. They did state warranty and parts will continue for 10 years. Now on the flip side, when we have polaris atv come in for service and warranty work they can sit for 2-3 month before polaris is able to get service the parts needed for repair.
Well that's encouraging, not
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 01-19-2017, 11:12 AM   #57

Well that really sucks for Vicory owners! I feel for you but enjoy what you have while you have it. I still enjoy and ride my Nomad and its a great bike. Its a bike that has the yesterday look, its underpowered and doesn't have the latest goodies, but it will run all day long and is a blast to ride. I recently turned down two nice offers from friends on it. Just won't sell it. I don't ride it much because I have a ninja and two Harleys too.
I guess what I'm trying to say is; If you like your Victory..just ride it, its not worth anything if its not for sale. Realise that your in the same boat as others and be proud of what you ride, because its personalized to your liking. As far as parts go...some company will see this as an opportunity to profit and will supply needed parts. Victory has some very impressive bikes and its the company's loss, not yours. Now if I was to buy an Indian..hmm...I would be a bit nervous laying down good hard earned cash for a new one!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 015.jpg (100.3 KB, 13 views)

Old 01-20-2017, 10:15 AM   #58
Sr. Contributor

Does anyone think this would be a good time to pick up a great bike at a great price?
Ride it til the sun don't shine?
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 01-20-2017, 09:07 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafer View Post
Does anyone think this would be a good time to pick up a great bike at a great price?
Ride it til the sun don't shine?
yup I think so!
VROC#34321
VBA#01867

2012 NCR Rally Savanna. IL.
2013 National Rally Estes Park, CO
2014 NC/SC Rally in the Ozarks, Mountain View AR
2014 NE US/Eastern Canada Rally,Lincoln NH
2015 VBA/VRA Eureka Springs AR
2015 Antlers Rally, Antlers OK.
2016 SCR Rally Salem MO.
2016 NCR Rally Hillsboro WI
2017 Eureka Springs AR
2017 National Rally Lake George NY
2004 Blue and Silver 1500 Nomad(RIP 9-26-19)
2000 Red and Silver 1500 Nomad
2012 Pearl White 1700 Voyager

Old 01-21-2017, 10:28 AM   #60
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasta View Post
yup I think so!

There is a Performance shop (Precision Motorcycle) in Virginia Beach, Va. that had a Victory
Cross Country Tour for $16,500 and the day after Polaris made the announcement of
dropping Victory. The bike was put on ebay with a start price of $12,500. I don't know the
price paid for it, but it sold quickly.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]