Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 02-10-2022, 09:49 PM   #1
Advanced Member

1700 Turn Signal

Anybody have a turn signal for for a 1700 Nomad...you know, the one where the lens is glued/fused to the guts?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-11-2022, 04:52 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortuga View Post
Anybody have a turn signal for for a 1700 Nomad...you know, the one where the lens is glued/fused to the guts?
I might... I'll check in the morning. There's a good chance that somewhere down in the dark corners of my workshop there's a set of four orange lenses from a Vaq, plus another set of four of the larger sized but similarly designed orange Voyager lenses.

Installing clear lenses on a Voyager wasn't an easy process. It involved a donor set of complete housings (they came with lenses) from a Vaq being required, because that was the only size that clear lenses are manufactured for. (Shout out to jestephens for the donor parts).

I'll get back to you when I find them, and like jestephens did with me, I'll pay it forward... Yours for the cost of shipping alone if they're any use to you. You might like to check which is the right fit. I think the Voyager is the only one with larger turn signals - all the other 1700's will have a different part number.

If you want the larger Voyager ones, they can come with the chrome housings as well... If I can find them.

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Last edited by Peg; 02-11-2022 at 04:57 AM.

Old 02-11-2022, 06:10 PM   #3

Wher did you buy clear Vaquero Lenses ?

Old 02-11-2022, 09:21 PM   #4

Lights4all is a German company makes clear or smoked lenses for the Vaq. They sell them through their website, and used to sell them on their Ebay store (which doesn't seem to have much to offer at the moment).

Here's a link to their website. There's a disclaimer that they don't fit the US Vaquero, but I fitted US Vaq turn signals to my bike, and the clear lenses fit fine. The European Vaq is called a "Voyager Custom".

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Last edited by Peg; 02-11-2022 at 09:25 PM.