Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 04-14-2022, 06:08 PM   #1

Vaquero Driving Light install issue

I finally bought the driving lights for my Vaq and disassembled the right side to install one of the lights. There is supposed to be a connector on the wiring harness for the light but I don't see anything. The previous owner had someone install aftermarket speakers and the job doesn't look very professional so I suspect the connectors may have been cut off.

According to the manual, the lights run on a pair of Brown/Black and Black/ Yellow wires.

Are the plugs on the wiring harness?

Thanks
Dave

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-15-2022, 12:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcel123 View Post
I finally bought the driving lights for my Vaq and disassembled the right side to install one of the lights. There is supposed to be a connector on the wiring harness for the light but I don't see anything. The previous owner had someone install aftermarket speakers and the job doesn't look very professional so I suspect the connectors may have been cut off.

According to the manual, the lights run on a pair of Brown/Black and Black/ Yellow wires.

Thanks
Dave

I assume you're installing the Kawasaki aux light kit. It's been years since I installed my lights but from the photos I took at the time, I think there should be a connector for each light. I seem to remember it as pretty much plug-and-play. I've attached the photos of the connector I took. Hopefully they help.

And you are correct about the wires. The wiring diagram in my service manual shows two connectors for the "driving lights", each with the color wires you stated.

Pete
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0168.JPG (78.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0171.JPG (72.4 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by kpmhspirit; 04-15-2022 at 12:47 PM.

Old 04-16-2022, 01:36 PM   #3

As kpmhspirit has mentioned there are two distinct separate wiring plugs, one for each light. Been years since I did mine and if memory serves ? I believe I found the plugs after removing speakers and plastic glove compartments. . Anyway it was plug and play and very easy. Hope yours weren't t cut out.

Old 04-17-2022, 12:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballbreaker View Post
As kpmhspirit has mentioned there are two distinct separate wiring plugs, one for each light. Been years since I did mine and if memory serves ? I believe I found the plugs after removing speakers and plastic glove compartments. . Anyway it was plug and play and very easy. Hope yours weren't t cut out.

Yeah, you're most likely right. I remember though, I removed the whole front faring to install the aux light assembly so the connectors were probably exposed and easy to find. I think I was installing some other wiring (GPS maybe) and just took the whole front off as I was curious anyway to see what it all looked like under the fairing...

Old 04-19-2022, 09:54 AM   #5

Same connectors as a Voyager. They could be tucked away where you just can't find them without taking the fairing off.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-29-2022, 06:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcel123 View Post

Thanks
Dave
Where did you end up buying your light set from?
Did you locate the plugs or do you anticipate removing the fairing to locate them?