Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 11-02-2010, 06:07 PM   #31

New Member from MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgeman06
Well, that's alot of welcomes. Thanks alot.
As far as coming from a Valkyrie, which, by the way, was my second Valkyrie, the Nomad is quite a bit different. The Valk was surely the brute on the block that could cruise with the best of them. I would always, I mean always get complimented because I kept it in pristine condition.
I wanted a change, and never having a v-twin, I felt it was time for my change. The Valkyrie was an upright position bike, and with my Hartco seat, I sat up high. Forward highway pegs would cause you to spread eagle to much due to the cylinders. I used Mick-o-pegs that allowed your feet to go downward below the heads instead of outward and around them, so this was an improvement.
The comfort of my Nomad makes me happy. The stock seat is in my opinion the best one that I have ever had, so I won't be making any changes there. I really like the "feel" of the big twin verses the flat six. But, the Valkyrie was more of a power cruiser, and had quicker acceleration than the Nomad, but I don't care about that any more. I guess I am getting older, and just being comfortable out there cruising and chugging down the road is what counts.
I also wanted to upgrade to fuel injection, and basically wanted a new bike starting out with zero miles.
It is getting colder here in MA, but their will probably be a little more riding left. I did my season ending 150 mile loop ride this past Saturday up through the Berkshire Hills in Western MA. I usually do this same ride as my season ending ritual. I also like to do some fall hiking too, so I need time for that too.
Take care, Eric
Eric keep a eye on the ride section,, we try and do a NorthEast get together each year,,This year was Lake George NY.. Maggie Valley NC for the regional get together,, a few of us NE riders are thinking of a meeting sopt.. Maybe Pa. explore Pa then head to Maggie Valley..Riders from Ma. ,RI,Vt,NH etc will pick a meet spot then head to Pa.... If all goes well :)

Rich

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-03-2010, 11:28 AM   #32

New Member from MA

Welcome Eric from Georgia. I just got back from Mass after visiting my daughter and spent a little time out in the Berkshires showing my wife that all in Mass is not Boston. I used to live in Dudley and around that area for a lot of years. I am sure you will love your Nomad as much as I do.
VBA # 1234
VROC # 32837
Patriot Guard Riders
Naval Advisory Group Vietnam 69-70

Old 06-04-2011, 07:58 PM   #33

New Member from MA

Welcome from West Texas...