Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Complete Bikes

Old 03-26-2016, 11:14 PM   #16

YEE HAA!! There is nothing wrong with falling in love with another bike. Those are sweet rides, roomy, good looking, (love the color of your new one ), and handle like a charm. You look good on it Your Nomad sure is a beauty and someone is going to get a great bike. Even if does need some repairs.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-27-2016, 02:29 AM   #17

Congrats on the new bike and I, too, love the color.
1996 800A Customized (SOLD)
2001 1500 Nomad (The Mistress)
2013 Voyager

2014 SE Rally - Elkins, WV
2016 SE Rally - Helen, Ga

Old 03-28-2016, 05:50 AM   #18

You do look the part on it mate,fair play to you.

Old 03-28-2016, 07:25 PM   #19
Top Contributor

Nice ride, and a great colour.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:55 PM   #20
Advanced Member

Nice bike, lemme know if you part out the nomad, I'm interested in a few pieces

1984 shadow 750 - R.I.P.
2004 vstar classic 1100 - traded for my first born
2006 Nomad 1600, black
Batwing fairing with full stereo
Vance & Hines dual baggers

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-28-2016, 10:12 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by id-man View Post
I wish! Would love a new Indian but the one I'd want is well past my income level at this time. I've been keeping my eyes open and trying to decide since last riding season whether to fix or replace. I've thought about it hard and have to admit if I'm completely honest I would really rather have a newer bike with more amenities. I went to a dealership who had advertised a pretty new, low mileage Voyager which I wanted to love. I did not love it, not even a little, it seemed small and tight to me, couldn't get off it fast enough. Anyway to make a long story short something else caught my eye (and more importantly my lady's eye). We looked at it, went to lunch to talk it over, came back and test rode it, fell in love, and gave them a deposit. I GOT A NEW BIKE!!! (Used but new to me)

Not a Kawasaki at all, which I guess officially makes me a member of the 'Various Baggers Assoc'. This season I'll be sporting a 2010 Victory Cross Country with a scant 7800 miles, and a beautiful thing it is. Can I get a "YEE HAA!!"
So as much as I appreciate all your suggestions on fixing the Nomad I will definitely be letting someone else have that pleasure. Would love to see it still on the road but it's somebody else's turn now. Man I had a lot of fun on the Nomad - man I'm going to go even faster, further, and more often on the Victory!!!!!
Does the Capt Cruiser know you bought a twin of his??? :) I'd by that bike in a minute if I was still in New England

Last edited by v0lusia; 03-28-2016 at 10:18 PM.

Old 03-28-2016, 10:20 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by id-man View Post
I wish! Would love a new Indian but the one I'd want is well past my income level at this time. I've been keeping my eyes open and trying to decide since last riding season whether to fix or replace. I've thought about it hard and have to admit if I'm completely honest I would really rather have a newer bike with more amenities. I went to a dealership who had advertised a pretty new, low mileage Voyager which I wanted to love. I did not love it, not even a little, it seemed small and tight to me, couldn't get off it fast enough. Anyway to make a long story short something else caught my eye (and more importantly my lady's eye). We looked at it, went to lunch to talk it over, came back and test rode it, fell in love, and gave them a deposit. I GOT A NEW BIKE!!! (Used but new to me)

Not a Kawasaki at all, which I guess officially makes me a member of the 'Various Baggers Assoc'. This season I'll be sporting a 2010 Victory Cross Country with a scant 7800 miles, and a beautiful thing it is. Can I get a "YEE HAA!!"
So as much as I appreciate all your suggestions on fixing the Nomad I will definitely be letting someone else have that pleasure. Would love to see it still on the road but it's somebody else's turn now. Man I had a lot of fun on the Nomad - man I'm going to go even faster, further, and more often on the Victory!!!!!
Does the Capt Cruiser know you bought a twin of his??? :) I'd by that bike in a minute if I was still in New England

Old 03-29-2016, 01:53 PM   #23

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sweet lookin ride Joe , hope she brings u miles & miles of great ridin !
This one's truly a 'V' Bagger :-)
aka...Sticky Vicky
N.Y. ride -2006 VN1500- Vulcan Classic -
aka.... Black Eddy

Old 03-29-2016, 04:17 PM   #24
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0lusia View Post
Does the Capt Cruiser know you bought a twin of his??? :)
He does now! I dropped him a line over at Volusiariders.com, hadn't talked to him in a couple years and didn't know he'd switched as well. This riding community is small :)

Old 03-30-2016, 09:29 AM   #25

CONGRATS on your new Ride! I LOVE the C.C It is my favorite Vic. :) Bummer about your NOMAD! It took me about the whole riding season to sell mine at 4k Sold it for 3500$ just to get it gone after sitting 3 years! . Like the others said If possible I would turn it back to stock if possible and sell the parts,you will come out ahead. OR strip it, The Bags on E Bag avg. 900$ I do have a spare 04 Stock seat,and brake pedal somewhere

Old 03-30-2016, 09:36 AM   #26

Send a message via ICQ to MJ07Nomad
Hello and CONGRATS on the new ride. On the 04 Nomad, I sent you a PM.

Last edited by MJ07Nomad; 03-30-2016 at 10:01 AM.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:07 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamriding View Post
Sweet ride! I really like the color.

Congrats!!
So did you trade in the Nomad for the new bike? I'm in the same boat as you are right now but it's my second gear that is shot. Trying to figure out what to do, if I can trade it in (or sell as-is to someone) and still get something I may do that BUT I sure love my bike. Hate that this happen.
VBA #02051
2012 NCR Rally, Savanna, IL

Old 04-08-2016, 02:27 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendesigner View Post
So did you trade in the Nomad for the new bike? I'm in the same boat as you are right now but it's my second gear that is shot. Trying to figure out what to do, if I can trade it in (or sell as-is to someone) and still get something I may do that BUT I sure love my bike. Hate that this happen.
Jen I feel the pain. From the picture you have really nice decked out Nomad. Here is the reality of your situation. You have a 2000 Nomad (same as me), If you don't do the repair yourself you are looking at $2000.00 (low end) to $ 3500.00 (high end) to get your bike repaired.
When you are done you will still only have a bike worth its current bluebook value. If you are going to keep it forever, then not much problem otherwise financially not a smart move. Trading it in will result in you giving the bike to the dealer for nothing. They will offer you $500.00 to wholesale the bike out. This amount you can probably negotiate off the price of another bike even without a trade in. So you essentially give the bike to the dealer to get rid of the headache. You can part the bike out and make probably very close to the blue book value. Possibly even a bit more. If you are not mechanically inclined then I would find a trustworthy partner who is a good wrench who would be willing to strip the bike and ship the parts for part of the cash value. In my mind its the only thing that makes sense if you want to retain value. If you feel this is too much a pain then head to the dealers find another bike, give them yours and don't look back.

Last edited by OldSchool; 04-08-2016 at 02:31 PM.

Old 04-08-2016, 02:42 PM   #29

I can take it back to stock as far as accessories and will probably do a trade in. I know it has a few more issues so if even if I fix the major issue I still would have more to do. If I didn't have two additional bikes right now, one that I'm making a Bobber, I would probably part it out but space and time are not in my favor right now. There is a Yamaha Raider I have had my eye on :-) Maybe I will list it here and see if anyone in my area is looking for a whole bike that they can part. I've been riding it without second gear for over 2000 miles, can still do that for awhile longer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (13.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg snow bike.jpg (98.3 KB, 18 views)
VBA #02051
2012 NCR Rally, Savanna, IL

Last edited by jendesigner; 04-08-2016 at 02:48 PM.

Old 04-08-2016, 03:25 PM   #30

"yee haa!!"

2011 National Rally
2012 NCR Rally
2012 Antlers Rally
2013 National Rally
2013 Antlers Rally
2014 NC/SC Rally
2014 Antlers Rally
2015 VRA/VBA Rally
2016 NCR Rally
2016 Antlers Rally