Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 05-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #16

SOLD "NEW PRICE " Premeux Fairing for Sale

Thanks Bogie, I have decided to go ahead and sell it. Looks like you have a nice setup on your bike. I really like listening to music when I ride.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-16-2011, 09:59 PM   #17
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider

Looks really great and I would love to have it, but since I have just been back in the work force less than a month just no money. Good luck with selling it.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 05-16-2011, 11:23 PM   #18

Ben, sorry to hear that you can't get the ergo's right with the fairing. Kinda makes me feel guilty that I suggested the 1700 bars, but that did work great for me. Good luck with the sell, and BTW, it is an awesome fairing, I've seen it in person.

Cliff "VulcanE" Evans
2005 Blue & Silver 1600 Nomad
VBA # 320
VROC # 20381

Old 05-17-2011, 03:47 AM   #19

Hey Cliff, no worry on the 1700 handle bar. I removed the fairing Sunday and put the X1 risers back on and kept the 1700 on the bike. That combo works great for me. It's like using the Phatt II's with the original bar but the x1's have a little more clearance over the Phatt II around the speedo. No problem, I like the 1700 bar.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:14 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1rider
Thanks Bogie, I have decided to go ahead and sell it. Looks like you have a nice setup on your bike. I really like listening to music when I ride.
Your right, got to have my tunes. I have made Apple rich with all my downloads about 1700 tunes.

Good luck selling it.

KawaNOW #01650
Bell City Riders #21
SCRC 329
2010 Nomad (The Beast)

Previous Bikes
2008 - 900 Vulcan Classic
1958 HD HydraGlide

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-20-2011, 06:02 AM   #21

I wish this had been for sale back when I was looking, it is even my color already as well as being a good deal!

Old 05-20-2011, 12:59 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz
I wish this had been for sale back when I was looking, it is even my color already as well as being a good deal!
Me Too!! It's hard to find someone with a Black/Titanium 06-08 bike that also wants a fairing. I am still working on trying to make mine work for me. For now I have the windshield back on but come winter I am going to miss my fairing if I sell it.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #23

I never really wanted a fairing on a cruiser, but I got a good deal on mine from a friend and now I am sold on fairings being great. That is kind of how I ended up with a Nomad.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:31 PM   #24

Hey Wiz, thanks for the endorsements (checks in the mail). I really liked the fairing and was disappointed it didn't work for me. I have tried everything and nothing is working. My wife even commented tonight that I have short arms, that's just not right. I would really like to sell it since it's like brand new and I will never use it. I only had it on the bike a few weeks, no scratches or scrapes, just like new. Someone is going to get a good deal. I am open to offers.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:42 PM   #25

b1rider, let's recap the issues with the fairing that are making you sell. I am somewhat interested but have some concerns and am not totally sold on weather or not I really need or want a fairing. I like the side by side comparison in your sig pic's of the Nomad with and without the fairing and I must say it does look great with the fairing.
I have an '07 Red and Titanium so maybe having just the black repainted would not be to expensive. I'll have to check.
1 - you have stock risers and from what I can make of all the posts the radio cover will not open with risers. Is this correct? I am using 3" Chucksters straight raisers so this might be an issue for me also and I really like the fit of my bars now.
2 - You mentioned you were looking at changing the radio to a weather proof marine unit. What kind of options have you found for this and is the fit a direct replacement. I assume this would eliminate the issue of the radio cover so the use of risers would not be a problem.
3 - Are there any other issues with risers fitting other than the radio cover?
4 - Any idea what the box to ship the fairing in dimensions and weight would be. I'd need to check on shipping cost. And would you be willing to adequately pack the fairing for shipping?
5 - Do the pin stripes match the stock pinstripes or are they "close enough"? Both color bikes use the same pinstripe.

Anyway a lot to think about....

For the group...any thoughts concerning the Premeux vs the other high end fairings on the market. The Premeux seems to be the highest rated but is it that much better than say the Wide Open Custom Fairing?
VBA Member #1356
jandreu@hawaiiantel.net

Old 05-26-2011, 04:53 PM   #26

Hey Bubba,
I think the bike looks ten times better with the fairing and would love to keep it and use it. Let me answer your concerns.
1. Yes you are correct, with risers the door will not come down or open. A fix might be - there is a cover that slides up and over(or under) the radio. I didn't want to try to cut the current opening to make this fit, maybe it would maybe it wouldn't.
2. Change radio. I found a "weather-proof" radio by Fusion that has a door on the front that "again folds down" to allow you to put your ipod inside the radio. Neat idea but I was afraid the door wouldn't open enough to get the ipod in. If you don't use an ipod they sell a cheaper radio that doesn't have the door but you can't hook up an ipod. The radio was $350.00 from West Marine. This was very tempting for me to try... AND I don't know if is a direct relpacement. The front is large but the radio it's self is like what I have so it would probably work. Best solution to me so far if the door would open.
3. No I actually took the cover off and tried it one day with the risers and the fairing and it was great.
4. Now this is the tough part. The box it came in was pretty big, too big for me to keep. I would have to get a new one, pack it up and take it to UPS and have them give me a quote. Whoa, I just saw you are in Hawaii. I can wrap it up real good with bubble wrap and buy a new box. I will go measure the fairing and see if I can give you rough idea of the box size.
5. The pin stripes are very close, not extact but good enough.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:01 PM   #27

b1rider, thanks for the reply.

PM sent...
VBA Member #1356
jandreu@hawaiiantel.net

Old 05-26-2011, 05:15 PM   #28

James and b1, maybe I can help a little here. I used to have a fairing on my 07 Nomad (still there in sig pic). I sold it (the fairing) and had to ship it from Jax FL to Niagara NY.
Box I used was for a 50 in flat screen TV. I cut down the length to about 44 inches and height to about 36 inches. I used the Styrofoam corner pieces to keep box from smashing. I wrapped the fairing with a section of queen size 2 inch foam mattress pad and cut up all that was left and jammed it in the box to protect the fairing. Taped the heck out the box. I spent about $15 to get the packing done.
Package weighed 42 lbs and insured for $1000 it cost $48 to send Fed-X ground with 3-5 day delivery. My guess is that shipping across the ocean to Hawaii is going to cost more than that though.
b1: I had the riser issue with my Tsukayu fairing. I had the 2 inch extensions. I was able to modify my radio cover and mount (cut reliefs into both) and notch the upper holes in fairing frame tilting the fairing top forward 1/4 inch so that I could that I could keep the risers. I also had to "tilt" my spots a bit to keep them from hitting the painted surface of fairing. But I was able to make it all work.
If you are coming to the national we can talk about what it takes there or you ain't that far from Jacksonville FL. Put the fairing on and bring your risers and for the price of a burger in a bag we can do the mod here in my garage and you can ride home with the fairing and the risers.
Oh, I took the fairing off because I had decided to graft a Road Glide frame mounted fairing to the Nomad. Then the wife started talking about wanting another Goldwing if she was going to ride with me so I bought one of those instead and now am planning a solo conversion for the Nomad.
2010 Titanium Goldwing
2014 KLR 650 New Edition

Old 05-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #29

James, you can just come by here and we will mount the fairing and then off to Jax for the mods!!

Thanks trosco for the insight, good to know.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #30

I wish..I'm actually from your neck of the woods, born in Mayport, lived in J'ville, Savannah Beach, Myrtle Beach, Wrightsville Beach. Must be a water thing...
Little to far for me now to bring the Nomad. I've been thinking about shipping the Nomad to CA and doing a cross country ride with the end being to hook up with the ride to Margaritaville. Would be one heck of an Iron Butt ride for sure. Would have to ship the Nomad back to Hawaii from Fl. Have relatives in St. Augustine that could help but dang that's a long trip, solo too! Wife would never agree to make that trip.::) Not to mention the time off work and the funds to do it. Never know I just might pick up and toss it all, could get lucky and the wife could toss me to the street, then I wouldn't have any excuses

Anyway Trosco thanks for the info, I was wondering if the Fairing mounts could be moved a little or elongated to allow clearance for the risers and the radio cover. With the 3" risers the bar ends stick up past the sides of the fairing anyway so bring the fairing up an inch might not be a bad idea as long as the look around the headlight was OK. I have crash bar mounted driving lights so that would not be an issue. I really don't want to change my bar setup as it works great for me and I don't want to do anything to bring back the neck and shoulder ache.
VBA Member #1356
jandreu@hawaiiantel.net