Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 04-29-2017, 03:51 PM   #1

Chuckster dual plate on order

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a dual plate BAK from Joe. Looking forward to the upgrade.

While it is an older thread on another forum, this had some good pics:

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/fo...08-1500-a.html

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-29-2017, 10:22 PM   #2

I likes it! While I have the Single plate system and running the 3 1/2" tall filter....I used my extra dog bowl (I hate the K&N on my filter top!) from my left side, I used my plasma cutter and trimmed the front somewhat to make what I call a cheeter scoop, cutting away just about 1/2 of the leading edge away for about 1/3rd the circumerence.
I was really suprised....that little bit of a scoop added some pizazz to the pickup of the bike! A nice little difference....
It added more than the Hypercharger install I did!

I think you'll really enjoy the air cleaner. Everything Chuckster makes/does is 1st Rate!

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
there won't be no schit....
*My Sarcasm is directly proportional
to the amount of Stupidity involved*
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero
2001 Nomad FI
2003 Street Glide (sold)
1500 Meanie, fresh rebuild (sold)
90s BUBF Bobber (sold)
2001 UltraCycle FatPounder (Sold)
1975 HD ElectraGlide (Sold)
1982 Kawasaki Z1 Chopper (Sold)
Suck It Up & Ride!

Last edited by DragonLady58; 04-30-2017 at 04:35 AM.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:44 PM   #3

That sounds like a cool set up, Dragon Lady.

Does anyone have a BAK and a stock exhaust with a gen 3 EJK? If so, what settings did you use? I imagine I need less than a full stage 1 default that it came with and more than what I have now.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

Old 05-02-2017, 05:48 AM   #4

You don't really need the fuel module with just the intake and the stock pipes.

I'm running the single plate also.

I had Joe make a 6 1/2" backing plate, and I run a 6 1/2" Mr Gasket Chrome air cleaner lid.

I tried the dog bowl but found it too restrictive compared to the open element.

That's on the Nomad, The Meanie has a cone shaped filter.
VBA 936

Old 05-04-2017, 10:06 PM   #5

Hey MAS. The EJK was already installed on the stock set up. I found the bike ran better with the EJK, especially riding two up.

I contacted Dobeck and they suggested increasing the current green, yellow, and red settings by 0.5. That's where I'll start then the BAK arrives and is installed.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-11-2017, 07:49 PM   #6

Let's start off by admitting that a thread about installing a Chuckster dual plate kit on a 1500 Nomad seems so... 2009.

But I was excited when the package arrived at the post office. and everything people have written about Joe's customer service and his craftsmanship hold true. In spades.

And I got it installed tonight. Ordered the coaster plates, but used a marble for now. The coaster plates will be a rainy day activity.

Even got to go for a ride. All I can say is wow...

I had read that there would be intake noise, and there is. But I am OK with that because now my motorcycle doesn't sound like a sewing machine. Just saying...

In fact, I had contemplated debaffling my stock mufflers but I was surprised with how different the bike sounds so I think that part is good for now.

I realize that I could have just disconnected the solenoids and improved the sound, but there is also a great deal more pick up when accelerating after installing the BAK.

As far as the EJK goes, I started out with G2.5 Y2.5 and R1.5 with the standard switching points. Found a slight bog on acceleration so ended up with G2.5 Y3.0 and R1.5. More trial runs may change that but those are my settings for now.

Old 05-12-2017, 04:40 AM   #7

I figured you would like it.
VBA 936