Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > New Member Introductions > In Memoriam

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2008, 11:58 PM   #15

In Memory: txcwdancer-Oregon Trail Rally via Idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lund
I'm looking forward to the details on the sheriff conversation.

I don't know how you stay awake. I fall asleep even on the bike after about 900 miles.
Dan,

I'll post details on the deputy sheriff encounter on my blog tomorrow night. In short I came up on a white pickup that was doing about 5 above the limit. I was about 25 above the limit. When I got out in the oncoming lane to see the side I saw the decals but at that speed there was no way to uncommit.

I pulled in front and rode at about 5 above the limit and waited for him to light me up. He never did. About 15 miles down the road I pulled in for fuel and he did the same but parked away from the pump.

We had a conversation later at my initiation. I'll detail the conversation in my blog report. Bottom line he didn't cite me but said I was really moving along. Lets say he was on a mission and I wasn't it. Stay Tuned.

On getting sleepy.
I had to pull over twice to stay awake and safe. This was unusual for me but I didn't get much sleep two nights prior to departure (about 4 hours each night) so I was not well rested.

Story details to be available later on my blog.