Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthWest Group

Old 09-28-2009, 08:11 AM   #16
Top Contributor

Rickyboy-Oyster Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis
Can anybody identify these Nomads?

Elvis
LOL....Absolutely! The first one you see is mine (Blue/Silver). The second one is Rick "Rickyboy" Cole's (Black), the third one is Charlie "Ballast" Krough's (Blue/Silver)...and the last one belongs to Lonnie Necaise (Green/Cream).

We all rode up together along with Greg "schoeney" Schoenkopf, who bypassed Anacortes to meet his daughter in Bellingham. We walked about and left KawaNOW business cards on all the Nomads we saw. We saw a couple Nomads with BC plates, did we leave one on yours? Sorry we were not able to hook up!

I posted a thread in the Events section regarding the day.
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-28-2009, 02:39 PM   #17
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Rickyboy-Oyster Rally

Quote:

Elvis
Oh ya! Glad you made it. Did you get a card left on yours from me?
Like Kris said, sorry we couldn't/didn't hook up.
Maybe we can get together for a ride E, before my insurance runs out Oct. 19th

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 09-28-2009, 07:32 PM   #18

Rickyboy-Oyster Rally

Hi Kris,

I knew it! The Nomads were nicely parked and stood out from the rest on that block. My compliments to you all [not that I own a Nomad myself :) ].

Our bikes were on 7th St between Q and R Avenues. We avoided the main drag and sort of hid our Suzi and Nomad behind a big truck.

We spent a couple hours on Commercial Av. and enjoyed that constant rumble and the parade of bikes. Apparently 14000 bikers were expected that day, wonder how many actually there were.

Having done all the chores Saturday, we were able to hit the road at 6:30AM on Sunday, had breakfast in Old Fairhaven, spent some time in Anacortes, lunch at El Cazador in Oak Harbour, took a ride to and from Langley. Saw a brand spanking new Nomad 1700 in Edison [see the attachment].

Will contribute a few photos of my own to your thread in the Events.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netnorske
Quote:

Elvis
LOL....Absolutely! The first one you see is mine (Blue/Silver). The second one is Rick "Rickyboy" Cole's (Black), the third one is Charlie "Ballast" Krough's (Blue/Silver)...and the last one belongs to Lonnie Necaise (Green/Cream).

We all rode up together along with Greg "schoeney" Schoenkopf, who bypassed Anacortes to meet his daughter in Bellingham. We walked about and left KawaNOW business cards on all the Nomads we saw. We saw a couple Nomads with BC plates, did we leave one on yours? Sorry we were not able to hook up!

Old 09-28-2009, 07:45 PM   #19

Rickyboy-Oyster Rally

Hey Rick,

Suzi's insurance is running out Oct. 8, Nomad's insurance is good until early Nov. I'm also hoping to be able to go for a day-ride with you and folks in WA.

We like riding to Old Fairhaven and take Chuckanut Drive (Route 11) to Edison then proceed to Oak Harbour for a Mexican meal. Attached a photo of our favorite Bakery in Old Fairhaven. Perhaps we could do something like that and meet Kris and Greg and others.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy ... #00722

Oh ya! Glad you made it. Did you get a card left on yours from me?
Like Kris said, sorry we couldn't/didn't hook up.
Maybe we can get together for a ride E, before my insurance runs out Oct. 19th

Old 09-28-2009, 09:38 PM   #20
Top Contributor

Rickyboy-Oyster Rally

Quote:
Hi Kris,

I knew it! The Nomads were nicely parked and stood out from the rest on that block. My compliments to you all [not that I own a Nomad myself :) ].

Our bikes were on 7th St between Q and R Avenues. We avoided the main drag and sort of hid our Suzi and Nomad behind a big truck.

We spent a couple hours on Commercial Av. and enjoyed that constant rumble and the parade of bikes. Apparently 14000 bikers were expected that day, wonder how many actually there were.

Having done all the chores Saturday, we were able to hit the road at 6:30AM on Sunday, had breakfast in Old Fairhaven, spent some time in Anacortes, lunch at El Cazador in Oak Harbour, took a ride to and from Langley. Saw a brand spanking new Nomad 1700 in Edison [see the attachment].

Will contribute a few photos of my own to your thread in the Events.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netnorske

Elvis,
Glad you guys had a good, safe day! It would have been nice to hook up with you, especially since you were right by our bikes! We also saw a brand new '09 Nomad with less than 100 miles on it! It would be great to hook up before winter, but I have to be honest....I will probably be fishing for fall chinook and coho salmon for the next 5 or 6 weekends. Too many hobbies and it's time to get after the salmon for a month or so while they are in the rivers, so the bike will probably get a much needed break from my fat ass for awhile... !
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-29-2009, 12:50 AM   #21
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Rickyboy-Oyster Rally

E
Give me a shout and we'll hopefully be able to hook up.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 10-04-2009, 07:12 AM   #22

Rickyboy-Oyster Rally

Kris,
Buy the fish at the store and ride!

Elvis I think I saw you as you were leaving Fairhaven. I was coming into Fairhaven on Chuckanut. Ate at Skylark's around the corner from Harris Avenue Cafe.

Sorry we missed each other.

Next time!

Greg
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina