Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-08-2008, 02:01 AM   #31

The Now Official Sequoia/Kings Canyon rally thread

I called the park today and could not get any info out of them about closing dates for the various concessions. Evidently all the real honchos are resting up after the 4th of July barrage, and ALL I got to talk to was some flunkie that knew basically nothing. I'll keep trying.

Also, BD apologized for pi$$ing me off. We burried the hatchet and he is still invited to the ride. He also agreed to wash my bike and I promised not to post the recording of his real voice.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-08-2008, 07:25 AM   #32

"We burried the hatchet "

I'm afraid to ask where!?!?

Old 07-08-2008, 08:58 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddmannq
Also, BD apologized for pi$$ing me off. We burried the hatchet and he is still invited to the ride. He also agreed to wash my bike and I promised not to post the recording of his real voice.
Sometimes true intentions are not accurately portrayed communicating electronically. I'm glad it's been resolved. You're both appreciated by many on this forum. However, I'm smiting both of you suckers for causing such stress.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:32 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdez (lone Juan)
...However, I'm smiting both of you suckers for causing such stress.
Knock yourself out Ron.

Now that we have a seven page thread that states over and over that Karma means nothing here, I don't give a rat's patootie anymore.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:07 AM   #35
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdez (lone Juan)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddmannq
Sometimes true intentions are not accurately portrayed communicating electronically. I'm glad it's been resolved. You're both appreciated by many on this forum. However, I'm smiting both of you suckers for causing such stress.
Thank you for the smite!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-08-2008, 10:29 PM   #36

Are you guys spatting again? Please don't. I had a hell of a time explaining that Jetsonmobile love shirt and the twisted arm-behind-the-back photo!

Old 07-09-2008, 10:41 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomk
Are you guys spatting again? Please don't. I had a hell of a time explaining that Jetsonmobile love shirt and the twisted arm-behind-the-back photo!

+1

Old 07-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #38
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

Naw...cadd has patched things up with BD so the Jetsonmobile love shirt is all yours Tom!!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 07-09-2008, 12:56 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomk
Explaining to whom?

Old 07-09-2008, 01:07 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowndodge "Darksider"
Naw...cadd has patched things up with BD so the Jetsonmobile love shirt is all yours Tom!!!
As I explained to Nico, that shirt was a present from my wife. (Plus it's kinda old. Not "Retro". Just physically old.)

Otherwise I was gonna give it to you as a sort of booby prize.

She got me that shirt specifically because it shows George Jetson hugging Astro; and, frankly, Judy does not think I love her dogs enough.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:00 PM   #41
Advanced Member

Has there been a decision on the dates made for this party?

Old 07-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #42

Sorry, not yet, but it's still about 3 months off. Stay Tuned.

Old 07-14-2008, 07:22 PM   #43

OK, I finally got some solid info today. Sort of.

Lodgepole has a small market and deli/snackbar. It's not a real restaurant. They close for the season on Nov. 1st unless earlier due to bad weather. They close at 6 PM in the Summer and in the fall they will start closing at 4 PM, so while a light lunch there is a possibility, dinner is really not.

With that in mind I'm going to plan this event to go off on October 10th, 11th, & 12th. Making it earlier changes nothing for us except less time to make reservations, plus the weather will be hotter the earlier we go. Any later & we run the risk of bad weather there and maybe on the Grapevine as well.

Now that we've got an Official California Room here, I'm gonna post a link to this post there, but I think I should leave this where it is to avoid confusion.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:29 PM   #44

Oh, yes. Two other things.

Trip said I could call this an official KawaNOW rally, so I'm changing the title slightly.

Also Judy & I are still going up this Saturday to stay overnight in the park & do some pre-ride scouting. I'll get some more photos to stoke the fires as well.

(Ooooooh...maybe I shouldn't have said "stoke the fires..." We're hoping they'll all go out.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:53 PM   #45

We're still doing the pre-ride ride tomorrow, but we'll be doing it in the car. :( My wife broke her toe and isn't up to riding the bike. At least she's still keen on going up to check out the lodging at Squaw Valley, plus staying over at the Wuksachi. Photos to be published Monday, or perhaps Sunday eve if I'm not totaled by then.