Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2016, 05:58 PM   #1

My Nomad is Gone

Miraculously I walked away unharmed except for a lot of soreness in my knee and foot. A couple of Fridays ago I was sitting at a red light minding my own business when I hear a crash. The next thing I know I am standing over my bike trying to figure out why it is on the ground. The crash I heard was a car hitting the SUV behind me. The SUV was pushed into me and I was pushed into the car in front of me. It all happened in the blink of an eye and there was nothing that I could do about it. I really believe that something that I learned in my basic Motorcycle Safety Course saved me. I always stay the far left or right of a lane when at a red light. The idea is that you have an exit in an emergency but I never had the chance of exit plus you stay out of the oil. When I was pushed (very hard) into the car my bike was to the right so my crash bars hit the bumper along with the fairing (that i just installed 2 days earlier) instead of the complete fork and tire. When the bars hit I was thrown out of the way to the right. Afterwards I thanked the lady in the SUV for being there. I might not be here to type this if she was not. Not sure where I am going with this post except to make people more aware and to be safe. You could be the safest rider and some things are just out of your control. The hardest part of the accident for me was the phone call to my wife. By the way, I am shopping for a new ride so everything is good. Stay Safe.

Login or Register to Remove Ads