Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 02-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #181

Fairings, Tourpacks, Baggers, Post your pics here!

I figured as much, thanks....
2012 Ebony Black Kawasaski Concours 14

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-11-2011, 07:01 PM   #182
Advanced Member

Sly, PM sent

Found 1 in my neck of the woods

Old 02-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #183
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly
http://www.ridebikegear.com/tp-extra-large-motorcycle-tour-pak-with-wrap-around-backrest-and-large-top-r ack-p-196.html

Has anyone ever seen one of these, have one? Can't go wrong for the price but I'M curious about the quality, Thanks! Sly
The tour pack tht I was looking at slipped though me fingers.... :(" title="" border="0"/>
That's the one I have, the DMY brand on mine. I got it last spring and painted it and installed the lights you see. I may put a chrome top rack on it? It is ABS and is thin, but seems OK. I know it's not as sturdy as the TourPak trunks, but since I wasn't even sure I wanted one nor of it's use or look on the bike, I decided to get it and see. If I liked it then maybe later on I may upgrade to another trunk? But it doesn't seem that bad and it doesn't rattle like some others complain about? I wasn't under any delusions that it would be a GREAT trunk, but it fit the budget at that time and will come in handy this year, so take it for what it is...

Scott

Old 02-11-2011, 08:06 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott (ve3hzz)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly
http://www.ridebikegear.com/tp-extra-large-motorcycle-tour-pak-with-wrap-around-backrest-and-large-top-r ack-p-196.html

Has anyone ever seen one of these, have one? Can't go wrong for the price but I'M curious about the quality, Thanks! Sly
The tour pack tht I was looking at slipped though me fingers.... :(" title="" border="0"/>
That's the one I have, the DMY brand on mine. I got it last spring and painted it and installed the lights you see. I may put a chrome top rack on it? It is ABS and is thin, but seems OK. I know it's not as sturdy as the TourPak trunks, but since I wasn't even sure I wanted one nor of it's use or look on the bike, I decided to get it and see. If I liked it then maybe later on I may upgrade to another trunk? But it doesn't seem that bad and it doesn't rattle like some others complain about? I wasn't under any delusions that it would be a GREAT trunk, but it fit the budget at that time and will come in handy this year, so take it for what it is...

Scott
Thanks for the input Scott

Old 02-11-2011, 08:47 PM   #185

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

ck this one out scott it even has the lights on it just have to put something over the harley davidson on the rear

Previous bikes - 2004 BMW R1200 CLC 2006 Nomad 1600 Black -1985 BMW K100 RT
VBA #001609
Viet-Nam Vet 71-72
Maryville , Tn.
Maggie Valley '11-Townsend '12-Estes Park '13- Copperhead fall rally "13- Elkins WV '14- Eureka Springs ' 15- Helen Ga. SE Rally '16

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #186
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy

I've seen trunks made by these people and wouldn't buy one. Scott/CJ had a trunk by these guys and has said they weren't the best quality but it did the trick for him till he got what he has now.
If you're interested, I posted a trunk that's for sale on craigslist here in Vancouver. But it's $700.
It's one of those leather trunks.
http://www.vulcanbagger.com/phpBB3/v...ic.php?t=20812

That is a good one Tom pointed out there for you Sly. Even at full price.
The rack is probably worth $200. to buy. But it'll probably cost you a couple hundered for paint. then a scoot rack or something like that. Wompus maybe?

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 02-11-2011, 11:52 PM   #187
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadtom69
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330528792059&viewitem= &sspagename=STRK%3AM EWAX%3AIT

ck this one out scott it even has the lights on it just have to put something over the harley davidson on the rear
Thanks for the link. If I had the extra funds for my MODs this year I'd think about it for sure. Especially with the addition of rear speakers. Not hard to remove/hide the HD label either. Maybe next winter I'll find one and get it ready for paint etc. But it is a nice deal if the $ stays low....

Scott

Old 02-11-2011, 11:59 PM   #188

I think I mentioned it once before, but I found a sight on the net somewhere that was from the maker of motorcycle trunks. It had a price breakdown on quantity buys. I think it was around $20.00 if you bought ten trunks, and it dropped to around $8.00 if you bought a hundred pieces. They where either the Matzuko or Tysuako or something like that name.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 02-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #189

I have had my trunk for over a year and no complaints. It is not expense but if mounted solid it is very sturdy. I used a flat mounting plate that came with it and then a steel plate inside. Very solid and no rattles.

SteveO

Old 02-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringadingh
I think I mentioned it once before, but I found a sight on the net somewhere that was from the maker of motorcycle trunks. It had a price breakdown on quantity buys. I think it was around $20.00 if you bought ten trunks, and it dropped to around $8.00 if you bought a hundred pieces. They where either the Matzuko or Tysuako or something like that name.
Steve TSUKAYU will usually work out a deal for bulk orders. I have their Saddlebags on my 1100 Honda,, IMO Verywell made,,,,,I would assume their trunks will be as well.
For those interested in a Bat Wing Fairing they have 20% off right now
http://tsukayu.com/QuickDetachableFairing.html

Old 02-12-2011, 07:31 PM   #191

Well, No trunk yet, still trying to make up my mind.. In the mean time, radio and speakers are in the fairing, wires are connected, now I'll have to finish the rest of the wireing (GPS, Lighter & all) and will ahve to try everything out. Probably going to order the easternbeaver set up for relay and aux fuses...

Old 02-12-2011, 09:27 PM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by radco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringadingh
Steve TSUKAYU will usually work out a deal for bulk orders. I have their Saddlebags on my 1100 Honda,, IMO Verywell made,,,,,I would assume their trunks will be as well.

+1., I love their trunks, fairings, and hard bags, Ive had them all from them in the past

Old 02-12-2011, 11:20 PM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltekdiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by radco

+1., I love their trunks, fairings, and hard bags, Ive had them all from them in the past
Just looked over the web site, the new trunk (HD style) looks cool but the open style 6X9 speakers I can do without. Looks too big/large and w/the wife sitting there.... I won't go there lol 6-1/2" would be better

Old 02-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #194

On the Nomad, the passenger has a hard time getting out of the rear seat with the speaker pods on the back of the tour packs

I read it somwhere, not sure, never had a tour pack on this bike

If somone made a quick disconnect like HD does, Id buy one in a minute. But I dont want it there all the time

Old 02-13-2011, 07:13 PM   #195

Put you a connector for the lights (if it has any) and it just take saddle bags off and-- 4 bolts-- 2 nuts off shock mount remove toupak and wompus rack in one piece then 2 nuts back on shocks 4 bolts to replace your old backrest and quick bolts in saddle bags one of the members on here showed a hanger in his garage That he hung his on when he took it off.

Previous bikes - 2004 BMW R1200 CLC 2006 Nomad 1600 Black -1985 BMW K100 RT
VBA #001609
Viet-Nam Vet 71-72
Maryville , Tn.
Maggie Valley '11-Townsend '12-Estes Park '13- Copperhead fall rally "13- Elkins WV '14- Eureka Springs ' 15- Helen Ga. SE Rally '16