Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Australian Group

Old 02-08-2009, 12:34 AM   #1

Everybody safe?

Just read about the extreme wildfires raging down under. I hope none of y'all are in their path.

Check in please.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-08-2009, 04:05 AM   #2

Everybody safe?

Hey Larry most of us are OK as far as I know unfortunately I have just found out that one of my sons mates who I know quite well perished along with his mum and dad and another close friend trying to defend there house,it is a sad day for Victoria last count 10 Min's ago was 68 dead and still counting along with several serious burns victims that may not make it through the night.Some fires are still raging as we speak and more towns are in it's path.Most of the towns that have been burnt out completely are in the areas where we do most of our riding etc so it is very close to home for us all.Yesterday the temp hit 118F
that is the highest Temp ever recorded in Victoria in 100 years as well as 100KPH + winds,unfortunately I was out riding and man it was a big mistake I got home and was so dehydrated it took 4 hours to get myself back to normal.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:50 AM   #3
Advanced Member

Everybody safe?

we need to hear from aj.. im sure he said he was a volunteer firefighter. and there is fires down his way too. sorry to hear about your sons mate finky, it sure is a very sad day in victorias history, i have a lot of relatives in and around the gippsland fires but so far they are all ok. i have a lot of smoke haze up my way but only one small fire so all is ok up here. the southern 80 ski race was called off today as all of the emergency veicles were called down to the fires to help out, didnt worry me though as the boats disturb my drinking too much anyway.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:37 AM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to aj
Everybody safe?

G'day guys, lets say the last 36hrs has been a blur. Started 5am yesterday and I crawled into bed at 11am this morning. Its been a frustrating time, I had 720 ff's working for me overnight and spent all of our time chasing this thing all over the place. Must admit, the work we did probably set some good work up for the teams today. Didnt loose any lives (that we know of) a great outcome. No doubt we will continue to work for the next weeks, remembering our fire season has just started!!!! Gotta say all the EM services I've been working with have been outstanding, makes you proud to be an Aussie. Anyway take care and I will catch up later.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:14 AM   #5
Advanced Member

Everybody safe?

great work aj. its guys like you that make our country as great as it is.... please be careful out there and know that you and all the people involved in this devastating event are in our thoughts and prayers.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-08-2009, 04:50 PM   #6

Everybody safe?

Well done AJ I have relatives fighting up at the Wodonga & Beechworth fires at the moment so it is affecting all of us my cousin has just moved into his new house up there and I just spoke to him and he has locked it up and evacuated for the time being.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #7

Everybody safe?

Glad to hear the headcount is complete with all accounted for.