Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 11-30-2018, 12:45 AM   #1

Torque Wrenches - Harbor Freight

Not sure where to put this, so hope this works.

Harbor Freight has 3 of their torque wrenches on sale for 11.99 each 'til 12/31/18. I have all 3 and have used them for the last 3 years on my bikes and cars.....no issues. I can't seem to get the entire coupon to copy here....the bottom with the bar code won't show up. If anyone is interested, shoot me a pm with your email address and I'll forward the whole thing to you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Torque Wrench couplon.jpg (34.9 KB, 10 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-30-2018, 11:03 AM   #2

Harbor Freight tools are perfect for the back yard mechanic.......I have Snap On but only because they were inherited.

Old 11-30-2018, 05:12 PM   #3

UPDATE: If you go to hfqpdb.com/ you can find all the coupons harbor freight offers. If you search torque wrench, you'll find a coupon offering these same 3 for $9.99 each, even better deal!

Old 12-01-2018, 06:00 AM   #4

Stocking stuffers for me! Thanks for the info!

Ride safe,
Smokier

Old 12-01-2018, 10:20 AM   #5
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperAH1G View Post
Not sure where to put this, so hope this works.

Harbor Freight has 3 of their torque wrenches on sale for 11.99 each 'til 12/31/18. I have all 3 and have used them for the last 3 years on my bikes and cars.....no issues. I can't seem to get the entire coupon to copy here....the bottom with the bar code won't show up. If anyone is interested, shoot me a pm with your email address and I'll forward the whole thing to you.
I don't want to bring a rain cloud over your Thread,,,,,,,, But I broke my work 3/8 drive torque wrench, not a H/B wrench. Had to send it out for repairs.

So I thought I would try a H/B wrench. When checking it against a snap-on wrench, it was off by several pounds. I took it back.

I used to have access to a test meter for torque wrenches, and would check mine regularly. Never found any problems.

I would suggest checking the calibration. Small things can be affected a lot with a wrench that is off a little bit.

Don't get me wrong about Harbor Freight tools. I have a lot of them and will not hesitate spending money there. But I have found some tools don't work as well as they should.

Just my 2 cents.

You make a living by what you get,
You make a life by what you give.

The measure of a man can be summed up by
how he treats people who are the least significant to him.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-02-2018, 01:52 PM   #6

i also have had bad experiences with el cheapo torque wrenches --- name brand is the safest way to go --- without a way to test them u dont no what u got

Old 12-04-2018, 11:39 AM   #7

Search google for "torque wrench calibration". There are lots of posts a cheap mechanical setup for calibration.

You can also buy a digital torque adapter (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VYURT0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and use it to calibrate your wrench. If used only for calibration, it should stay accurate for several years and is a heck of a lot cheaper than getting certified calibrations on several wrenches every year, especially since you can use it to calibration cheap HF wrenches.

Either method should be accurate enough for home mechanics. I even know some airplane mechanics that use these digital units for routine calibration checks to make sure their wrenches aren't out of calibration between certified calibrations.