Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-22-2018, 01:55 PM   #1

Luverne Lowering Links

I wanted to inform the forum members of a development in the hopes of gaining and or retaining your support.
Several years ago we saw the need for an inexpensive method of lowering the seat height of a Kawasaki 1700 Voyager, Vaquero and Nomad. At about this time a good customer with a Vaquero came in our shop with a lowered Vaquero. He had modified a link for a different bike to make it fit. After some discussion with him he gave us the green light to take his idea and run with it. At the time it was very crude. Worked fine but needed strengthened and refined. We did that and have since made 4 or 5 modifications in both the design and means of production to ensure a safe and functional product. Our links enjoy a zero% failure rate. The same link for the Vaquero works for the Voyager and Nomad but they both have a bag support that would hit the shocks in their new position. We developed the design and the instructions to modify them so that the links could be sold for all 3 bikes. All told we have hundreds of hours invested in creating and redesigning this product. Recently I found a fab shop selling lowering links that look like ours. Upon closer inspection the installation instructions appear to be a direct copy and paste of our instructions. Going back in our sales records, we did in fact sell a set to the same town this fab shop is in. They're links are the same concept and close copy but do have one major design flaw that we decided not to do years ago. They are not the same links as ours.
At the end of the day I want to inform folks the Luverne Links are the original, the strongest, the safest and the best links available. All other links you may see are from a company that is short on ethics, integrity and ideas of their own. I would appreciate if you're in the market for a means to lower your Kawasaki 1700 that you remember, we put in the work, the money and the time to get these links to market. We did not steal someone else's ideas.
Thank you
Rick

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-22-2018, 05:35 PM   #2

Thank you Rick for the heads up! I absolutely hate folks that cheat and steal others ideas! Especially folks mfg'ering ideas! While I do use air shocks and a compressor to raise and lower my bike, yours is a great idea for shorter riders! You have my business should a customer needs theirs lowered....

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
there won't be no schit....
*My Sarcasm is directly proportional
to the amount of Stupidity involved*
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero
2001 Nomad FI
2003 Street Glide (sold)
1500 Meanie, fresh rebuild (sold)
90s BUBF Bobber (sold)
2001 UltraCycle FatPounder (Sold)
1975 HD ElectraGlide (Sold)
1982 Kawasaki Z1 Chopper (Sold)
Suck It Up & Ride!

Old 05-23-2018, 05:55 AM   #3

Right On ! What DL said !

Old 11-03-2018, 12:29 PM   #4

We have an update to our contact information I want to share in case anyone has Luverne Lowering Link questions.
Phone: 507-283-1800
Email: Luvernekaw@gmail.com
Thank you
Rick

Old 11-04-2018, 07:35 AM   #5

People like that need to be put out of business!

Login or Register to Remove Ads