Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-13-2013, 11:56 PM   #541

Getting an Adjustment!

Well I finally got me seat sent off for an adjustment. I was able to borrow a seat while mine is out to be fixed. I still get to ride while the repair is being done!

I was amazed, when I switch back to the stock seat, how comfortable the RDL was even though it needed to be adjusted. I can't wait to get my seat back with the fixes completed and strap it back onto my GoldWing. It will be like riding a rainbow in the clouds

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #542

I have to say Russell has been great to deal with. My seat fits just right. Noticed some discoloration on the vinyl last night that did not come right off with vinyl cleaner so I took a photo and sent it to Kim at Russell. She got right back to me and suggested a cleaning product and offered up front to have the seat shipped back to them at their cost to recover if needed. However the problem was just dirt attracted by some sticky residue and it came off with the Goo Gone they recommended. Great product and great service!
VBA Member #1356
jandreu@hawaiiantel.net

Old 03-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #543
Top Contributor

Kenny. What did you need to get adjusted on your seat ?

Old 03-15-2013, 02:27 AM   #544

My wife and I both kept sliding forward - especially troublesome while braking. In addition, the front seat felt short; as if only my but cheeks were on the seat. It seemed to lack support for my thighs. Lastly, it felt like I was sitting on the seat. My previous RDL seat, on my vstar1100, felt like I sat in the seat not on it!

My seat builder, Mike, seemed confident he get get 'er fixed to my liking. Kim said it would take about a week to complete, then off into the mail to Southern California (about two days shipping time.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #545

I finally got my seat ! it languished for a while on a shelf at the UPS store in Buffalo while I took off on a tour of the Dominican Republic on a motorcycle , but it's on the bike now , and looks fantastic .

Many thanks , Mike for making this happen , and especially for getting other forums involved !

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #546
Advanced Member

Glad you like your seat. Ride safe!!
VBA Member #02104
2013 HD 110th Anniversary Electra Glide Ultra Limited
2012 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager
2009 Yamaha FJR1300
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad
2002 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom
1989 Yamaha Virago 750

Old 03-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #547

Quote:
Originally Posted by fammdw View Post
The last time I spoke with Kim was the day before the last day to submit orders. At that time she said they were just a few orders short of hitting the 125 mark. She also stated that it was one of their most successful group order buy-ins. She seemed confident at the time, that they would get the full 125 orders. I never checked back to see if they actually did.

What did they need to tweak on yours? They hit mine right on the nose. It was like I did a ride-in instead of shipping it.

I was on original list before it became official group buy Sounds like my vacancy was filled no problem. I'm glad someone was able to use my spot. I had some issues with dealer service and Kawasaki gave me $500 to use for anything so dropped off this buy and went with Mustang seat and driver backrest. Otherwise I would have stayed on track and gone through with it.

Awful lot of happy riders out there with new seats....

Old 03-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #548

I waited a while to post about my seat. First off, its very comfortable. It definately changed my seating position. It raised me up an inch or two. With the "wings" on the seat, I am having to slide forward at stops, or tip toe the bike (I'm 6'2").

When it arrived, I didn't spend much time looking at it, I wanted to get it on to ride it. I TRIED to install it, but the rear bolt would not screw into the nut in the fender. As a matter of fact, the bolt that holds the rear tab on the seat scratched the crap out of my fender. I pulled the seat back off, and compared it to the other one that I have and RDL had installed the tab that connects the seat to the fender at the rear of the seat upside down. So I fixed that and have been enjoying it since.

The change to the seating position has caused a problem with my right hand going numb, so I'll be changing out handlebars pretty soon. Really just waiting on parts.
86 Kawasaki 454 LTD
VBA member #1578
HOG Member #4541840
AMA Member # 2700186

Old 03-27-2013, 01:31 AM   #549

Still waiting

RDL has had my seat for two weeks (10 working days). It only went in for an adjustment yet it is taking longer than the original seat build. I called today to check up on my seat and was told that it should be done by the end of the week. Needless to say I am a little disappointed in the timeframe for this fix.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #550

My wife and I rode our V-Strom nearly 1100 miles over the last four days on our new Russell seat. Toured all over the Texas Hill Country and camped in freezing temps. We returned home with happy butts. Nicest motorcycle seat I've ever owned!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0383.jpg (97.7 KB, 14 views)

Old 03-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
RDL has had my seat for two weeks (10 working days). It only went in for an adjustment yet it is taking longer than the original seat build. I called today to check up on my seat and was told that it should be done by the end of the week. Needless to say I am a little disappointed in the timeframe for this fix.
I got an email that my seat has been shipped. It is expected tomorrow. With a little luck I can be riding on my new Day Long for the weekend!

Fingers crossed for a perfect fit!

Old 03-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #552
Top Contributor

Where do you live ? We are a few weeks away from riding here.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:18 AM   #553

Thumbs Up Its always Sunny Here

I live in Southern California - Friday 75 degrees, Saturday 73 degrees, Sunday a cool 68 degrees. Perfect riding weather almost everyday, year round! We southern Californian's are a lucky bunch.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:26 AM   #554
Top Contributor

Now I understand why you were so anxious to get your seat back. Its only 34f here going up to 46f this afternoon.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #555

my seat is back from the fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
I got an email that my seat has been shipped. It is expected tomorrow. With a little luck I can be riding on my new Day Long for the weekend!

Fingers crossed for a perfect fit!
My adjusted seat came in on Friday - I slapped it on my Goldwing and shes ready to tryout! Due to family stuff I'll have to wait till this afternoon or tomorrow morning to test her out!