Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 08-31-2010, 12:17 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Second National Rally

I know the Second National Rally is a ways a way yet and maybe you haven't thought much about it, but are there any western'ers planning on going? I am not sure how much time I'll have, but I'm planning on trying to book 2 weeks for the trip. What I've been thinking is,... if there are others who would like to go but concerned about the time to go and return. Maybe some of us could rent a trailer and maybe a vehicle to pull it {depending if there's someone willing to use theirs} and share the costs involved and cut the traveling time. We could perhaps trailer to South Dakota and drop the trailer off at another members place and then ride the rest of the way, and then back,.... load the bikes and trailer home. Any takers? Just thinking ahead. I know the North West U.S. grp. is having a rally as an alternative,.... and I probably will take that in as well, but it would be real cool if Western Canada could have a few at the National to represent Canada. There will be Easten'ers there. But a western presense would be great.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-31-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
Mega-Contributor

Second National Rally

I'm a "westerner" and I'm planning on going. I probably am one or two days closer than you are. My intent is to ride to the rally in 4 days, which works out to ~500 miles per day.

I hope you bring some of your fellow Canucks with you. I'd like to visit with you again.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 08-31-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
Top Contributor

Second National Rally

I would love to join you Rick...but afraid the time constraints will be too much to overcome with all the other things I have to do. I would love to see some of the folks from the first National again....and meet the many new faces that will surely attend the second one, but I'll have to be happy with the Rally in the Redwoods.....which should be awesome as well. Hope you get some takers though....it would be great to have some NW US/Canada representation... !
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 08-31-2010, 09:43 PM   #4
Advanced Member

Second National Rally

South Dakota is still a good 2-1/2 to 3 days of long traveling from Deals Gap. We made it to Nashville in a bit over 3 days, with the truck and toy hauler and Brian will drive 12 to 14 hours a day before stopping for the day.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:14 AM   #5
Top Contributor

Second National Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
I'm a "westerner" and I'm planning on going. I probably am one or two days closer than you are. My intent is to ride to the rally in 4 days, which works out to ~500 miles per day.

I hope you bring some of your fellow Canucks with you. I'd like to visit with you again.
So I would need 6 days to ride there. ???? I better find a truck and trailer then, or someone with a truck and "toy haler" with a driver that drives 12-14 hrs. a day.
I'd like to visit with you and others too.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #6
Top Contributor

Second National Rally

So.............Winter is getting ready to hit us again. I'm "done" for this season. I'm waiting to go in for the day to have 2nd knee surgery done. Not really wanting to go through this but wanting to be whole again and ready to ride again come spring. I'm expecting a 6 month recovery period, as I've posted elsewhere. So I should be good to go for the National in June.
That's why I've brought this thread back up to the top. I realize the North West is having their "Rally in the Redwoods" in August .....BUT !!!!
I'd like to encourage our "Western Canada Nomad Riders" AGAIN !!! to consider trying to make the 2nd National Rally at Maggie Valley NC.
I know !! I know !!! It's a long ride. But lets see what we can arrange. Maybe someone might be into renting a truck and trailer and splitting the costs?? It would cut the travel time a lot I think. I'm thinking........ drop the trailer and truck maybe in S.D. or somewhere and ride from there. Reverse the whole thing to rtn. home. Or trailer the entire trip if that helps.
Any thoughts ??? other than "I can't make the trip",......OR "it's too far", :'(.....can we keep this to any positive thoughts or suggestions to make this trip happen???? There must be some others out there able to do this somehow. Then come August we'll ride down and do the Rally In The Redwoods. I know people don't have the time to do both. I'm just lucky I guess.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad