Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada East Group

Old 04-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #1

Anybody ridden the Gaspe Peninsula

Hello fellow Nomad owners!
It's been a long time since I have been on the forum.
I don't even know if there was a Eastern Canada message board when I was on before, anyway it is good to be able to share a common interest with you all.
Has anyone ridden the Gaspe peninsula? Any positive or negative feedback would be much appreciated.Being pretty much 100% english speaking, I wonder about the language barrier. I can just imagine the scenery would be spectacular. Any info. at all would be great.

Safe riding, oh ya and hope to see you's at the rally in Lake George.

John

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-20-2010, 09:02 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chawnyboy
Hello fellow Nomad owners!
It's been a long time since I have been on the forum.
I don't even know if there was a Eastern Canada message board when I was on before, anyway it is good to be able to share a common interest with you all.
Has anyone ridden the Gaspe peninsula? Any positive or negative feedback would be much appreciated.Being pretty much 100% english speaking, I wonder about the language barrier. I can just imagine the scenery would be spectacular. Any info. at all would be grea

Safe riding, oh ya and hope to see you's at the rally in Lake George.

John
John, First welcome back. The Eastern Canada board was newly created back in January.
I have not done the Gaspé on a bike, but years ago I did by car. There is a lot to see and yes lots of beautiful scenery. I would not worry about a language barrier. Don't forget you would be traveling in a popular tourist area. Lots of people in Québec speak English, or are fluent enough to understand you.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 04-21-2010, 05:05 PM   #3

Thanks for the info cnc, I have been to Montreal and around the area a few times. I have never been in Northern Quebec.

The reason I asked about the language thing, is that I heard from a couple different people that when they were travelling Northern Quebec, they ran into a couple difficult situations.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:26 AM   #4

I have done the Gaspe Peninsula each of the last 2 years on motorcycle. It is an amazing ride. It is a great combination of relaxed riding by the sea, as well as some real nice twisties and switchbacks around Perce and Grand Vallee. I would certainly recommend this trip to anyone. English is not a problem in this part of Quebec. Once you reach the Peninsula, it seems as if one town meshes with the next into one long Main Street.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:11 AM   #5

I think I will adding this trip to my list

Login or Register to Remove Ads