Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-09-2009, 05:55 PM   #1

PAINT ?

What would be best to paint the inside of the Fenders with? PAINT like Rustolium? Under Coating??? It seems to be bear metal and it rusting on my 04...How much a pain to remove the rear fender???
PAINT codes,, some one posted codes for the 04
Blue either FORD or Dodge
Silver either FORD or DODGE I have my trunk so I will be painting soon,, I have a painter at the Shop I can use,, but he doesnt have a scope for paint...
Pics of trunk coming,, and NO its not a Tour pack or Yamaha Trunk. I think I have the ONLY one for the Nomad :)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #2

PAINT ?

radco...I think my 04 actually has a primer on the inside of the fenders. With your weather up there would it be better for you to remove the rust THEN restoleum and apply the undercoat?
About the paint... I have a perfect match to the blue and silver flake base, already put into aerosol cans. I have a new Wide Open fairing left to paint, but I bought way too much. One can of blue and a partial can of silver will do a trunk. If you'll give me a few weeks to get my fairing done, I'll send you enough base to do your trunk . Then several coats of clear and you'r ready to go.
mike

Old 05-09-2009, 07:20 PM   #3

PAINT ?

Mike cool beans,,, Let me know how the Rattle can works... The Trunk is about 21"x18" x11"
and Yes please let me know how much for the cans..BUT wouldnt you want to keep a can for touch ups??? THANKs Rich

Old 05-09-2009, 08:06 PM   #4

PAINT ?

Rich; Take a look at this product, Its called Por 15, I know two guys that have used it in the past and they swear by it. Although its not cheap, around $45.00 a quart they say its worth it.
http://www.por15.com/

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 05-09-2009, 08:56 PM   #5

PAINT ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringadingh
Rich; Take a look at this product, Its called Por 15, I know two guys that have used it in the past and they swear by it. Although its not cheap, around $45.00 a quart they say its worth it.
http://www.por15.com/
THANKs for the link,, I have heard of that before or something like that,, The New Salt they use here is real bad,, that liquid stuff,, get every where,,, Takes several rain storms to get rid of it,, Everything rusts...

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #6

PAINT ?

radco...I think I'll have plenty left over to share. Your trunk is almost the same size as mine. Just let me know which color will be the predominant one.

All the base I had mixed up is in rattle cans (and YES they do work really good), but I'd love to make a couple of touch-up bottles that are mixed with or have a brush on bottle of clear for chips and dings. Anybody have an answer?

Old 05-10-2009, 06:04 AM   #7

PAINT ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey911s
radco...I think I'll have plenty left over to share. Your trunk is almost the same size as mine. Just let me know which color will be the predominant one.

All the base I had mixed up is in rattle cans (and YES they do work really good), but I'd love to make a couple of touch-up bottles that are mixed with or have a brush on bottle of clear for chips and dings. Anybody have an answer?
Mike Blue will be the primary Color..Thanks Rich

Old 05-11-2009, 07:11 AM   #8

PAINT ?

Quote:

My local auto paint store used the camera type scope to scan my paint on the bike. They they made me 2 rattle cans and 2 touch up bottles. I think it cost about $40 (way better than color rite). The red was a good match from the touch up bottle. I haven't tried the rest yet.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:32 PM   #9

PAINT ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0lusia
Quote:

My local auto paint store used the camera type scope to scan my paint on the bike. They they made me 2 rattle cans and 2 touch up bottles. I think it cost about $40 (way better than color rite). The red was a good match from the touch up bottle. I haven't tried the rest yet.
I stopped by my local Parts store, He can scope the paint on the Nomad and make a 1/2 pint.. between 25/40$ better then I expected :) I will do the Black side covers as well.... Rich