Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2016, 10:17 AM   #1

The past year

It started may 20/15...The Nomad was running great down thru Nakusp and then quit! Had to truck her home, 34 hr. round trip. It turned out to be the tip over switch which had tipped over because the two small bolts holding it in place fell out, hence the ecu thought the bike had tipped over and would not start. I figured it out once I got home and went out for a coffee by myself and came home with a 2015 Streetglide...nice bike..did about 3500 in mods this winter..love the bike, then disaster hit my place...Ft.Mcmurray..the beast came to town and ate the city, and we were all evacuated for 32 days. Luckily the house, garage, truck and all contents were not touched but I was evacuated to Edmonton with nothing and could not go home to get anything, like clothes, bike, truck...nothing at all...hmmm..what to do...any true hearted biker would understand my next move..yup..buy a new bike...gonna be stranded from home for a minimum2-3 weeks any ways...so I did..bought a 2016 Road glide ultra..put about 5000kms on it thru alberta and bc. The girlfriend also had this delemia too..we just overhauled her heritage this winter and now no bike..she bought a 2016 roadglide too. PROBLEM...We finally get to go home and sort life out, along with back to work..an income is nice to have..but the real problem was were to put 6 bikes in our garage..oh yeah..I also have a zx1100 too...hmm..I know..your all feeling my pain right about now. Anyways, as an update from this fire's disaster..all is well in Bdogs world. I want to thank the many of you that had concerns for me with the Ft. Mac fire...John
When bad shit happens, eventually, if you try real hard you can see the good in it. I thought about maybe selling the Nomad or the Street glide and then thought...WTF...Not!! I enjoy all of them so I will be keeping them and..hmm...maybe build a bigger garage..yup..I think that's the answer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (87.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 011.jpg (93.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 013.jpg (99.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1176.jpg (97.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (95.1 KB, 26 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Bdog; 07-01-2016 at 10:08 AM.