Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 05-07-2014, 10:42 AM   #61

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Sam View Post
Yea MAC, I know what you are saying...but us old guys have the satisfaction of having been there At The Top...and from here on out... Only We know, and among the younger group...few care !

So I'll bend an elbow to how good it was, running on "Ethyl" :>)
Welcome back. I thought we done lost you. I was scared you done flipped your wig and gonna start chaining yourself to trees, protesting lumber companies and screaming hateful chants like a gibbon monkey like them pale skinned vegan people do.

Eat a couple bananas every day or two. They got a lot of potassium in them. It's good for you.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-07-2014, 10:48 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Sam View Post
Yea MAC, I know what you are saying...but us old guys have the satisfaction of having been there At The Top...and from here on out... Only We know, and among the younger group...few care !

So I'll bend an elbow to how good it was, running on "Ethyl" :>)
I stay out of the back-and-forth bantering as much as possible. But watch out saying that few of the younger generation care about this country. I'm "younger" than retirement age but I damn sure care about my country, my family, my US military, my vets, my guns, and my God, regardless of who is in the oval office or the price of fuel. More people my age care about this country than do not...it's just the other side get the tv and radio time due to their stupidity.

VBA #02442
VROC Member
PGR (Patriot Guard Riders)
MMCI (Masonic Motorcycle Club International)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Author Unknown

01 Kaw Nomad 1500 (Vintage Red)

Old 05-07-2014, 10:51 AM   #63

I remember seeing ethyl on the pumps when I was a kid. We had blinding chrome on cars and blinding chrome on Christmas Trees.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 05-07-2014, 11:05 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabrat View Post
I stay out of the back-and-forth bantering as much as possible. But watch out saying that few of the younger generation care about this country. I'm "younger" than retirement age but I damn sure care about my country, my family, my US military, my vets, my guns, and my God, regardless of who is in the oval office or the price of fuel. More people my age care about this country than do not...it's just the other side get the tv and radio time due to their stupidity.
Nice....

Until every man/woman is forced to serve 2 years in the military before even being eligible to go to college, they will never understand what it takes. If we did this we would have a president that would think twice before acting or cutting the military budget.
I think Israel does this now and I agree with it. If they get out of the military after their 2 years and want to be hippie protesters then at least they will have some knowledge to protest on.

David Hollinger
2002 Beige 1500 "Hannah2"
VBA # 02195

Old 05-07-2014, 11:09 AM   #65

Quote:
Talk like that's gonna get you and audit, and Top Cat might get cha for talking nasty.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #66
Top Contributor

The ONLY thing I run the ethanol gas in is my passenger vehicles unless I can't avoid it at all. Generators, Chain Saws, Tillers, Weed Trimmers, Blowers, Mowers, Tractors, etc. all get real gas.

I have to drive about 15 miles to get it and pay more, but I have rebuilt too many carbs on my stuff and seen what it leaves. Since I have switched about 3-4 years ago, no issues.

On the bike, if I run E10 I try run it mostly out when possible and fill up with real gas...never store it over winter with that crap in it.

See...I do still lurk around here once in a while

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 05-07-2014, 01:54 PM   #67

Quote:
I damn sure care about my country, my family, my US military, my vets, my guns, and my God, regardless of who is in the oval office or the price of fuel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post
Talk like that's gonna get you and audit, and Top Cat might get cha for talking nasty.
Talkin nasty my ass Mike, I agree with everything he said

Hry Todd, good to see you are still lurkin, figure out how to get to the SE rally yet
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 05-07-2014, 02:32 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post

Hry Todd, good to see you are still lurkin, figure out how to get to the SE rally yet
Well, if it ain't Ol' Live & Let Live Good Top Cat, and not Bad Top Cat.
Bad Top Cat would have pounce on him and played a sadistic game of escape and capture with him 'tll he died.
A couple nanners a day would do you good too. Not only do they got a lot of potassium, they got a bunch of fiber in them so you won't be so backed up and crabby. Makes you regular and easier to get along wiff.

Todd's done turned into a "Regular Rally Guy". Use to he straitened peoples ass out and on a ride with him, I always almost got killed. Now, dose a couple rides, shoots pool, has a few drinks, cavorts through the crowd and just kind of mellows.

I hope he can squeeze it in too.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 05-07-2014, 02:34 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post

Just trying to flush you out. You lurk too much. IMHO

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 05-07-2014, 03:44 PM   #70

I like Bananas..was off of here for a few hours..and I just had to take "a breather"...was listening to a senator (independent) being interviewed on PBS new Hour last nite...he said the US Congress Now just Tap Dances to the Koch Brother's and -"that bunch"..and the usa is in real danger of being taken over by them...(in my opinion..He's Running very late to the already entrenched facts)

All in all..As to what we will be running in our bike's, and other vehicles ..within only a few years...perhaps nothing, As the "master's" fly over in private jet's.. smerking down at the enslaved peon's, scrabbleing for an existance !

Old 05-07-2014, 06:32 PM   #71
Sr. Contributor

Finaly my PMS os gone with a wee ride down to the Weirs At Laconia and them a little more. Wicked nice day today but a tad cool of course still. I see no sign of laconia Bike Week prep, but it will be happening very soon.

06 fired right up like i shut it off yesterday, the reality was sometime in Nov. In a day of so I will dump the oils and re-new. In a few weeks I will drop the rear wheel and replace the CT. I did the swing arm service when i did a new shaft boot last year. The bike feels just like I recall, tight.

Now I hope for once that fool Obama is right, and we get a nice long heat wave which is good fer ridin' I am not worried about no weather...... Such a bufoon.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 05-07-2014, 09:36 PM   #72

All the gasoline here has ethanol added. Everything I own gets a prophelatic dose of Marvel Mystery Oil at each fill up to help combat the corrosion. At oil changes, I clean the intakes of all my vehicles with carb cleaner and add a double dose of injector cleaner to the fuel tanks to chase out water. The H-D will get about 10 more mpg without ethanol. Ethanol has destroyed one set of fuel lines on my used 07'; most of the damage was done before I owned it.

I don't understand how burning more fuel saves the environment, but I'm not in Congress either, so I couldn't possibly understand.
VBA #1047
07 Electra Glide Ultra (43,300 & counting)
03 Nomad - 37,972 (traded 5/6/13)
99 Nomad - Only a memory since 4/27/13

Old 05-07-2014, 10:08 PM   #73

What ever california had in the gasoline here in the 90's..til around 2005..ate two fuel filler hoses out of my Ford Ranger pickup (wont pass the "smog-test" if the fuel tank wont hold pressure)
After the MTBE was '"discovered" to do massive damage to the ground water supply (as it combined with water vapor and fell in the rain..then polluted the aquifer's)..THEY distracted the cali-dummies with the 'Spotted Owl" insanity, while they payed off the $billions of contracts to the makers of the MTBE and cancelled any more use of it ..On the Q.T. !...Sure it was taxpayers money..via one hook or crook !

I try to buy a full tank of gas everytime i head west out of Nevada...and when heading east, after a fill up in Nevada my power and mileage always gets better...

..And I Also ..am in wonder, at how burning more fuel to cover the same number of miles in the same vehicle, equates to less pollution ?

I remember well --the smog problem in the LA Basin during the mid to late 60's..(I lived there)..but the PCV Valve was the greatest invention ever designed to cure that problem...BUT Then came the government nut case design teams..with smog pumps-sensors-gadjits-diaphrams-vlaves and miles of tubeing..delayed valve timing..low compression heads/pistons ...that and top management/union..and others, came together to completely destroyed the American Auto industry
By the mid 70's we were the laughing stock of the international auto mfg'ers...and Detroit Today was the result !

Last edited by Silent Sam; 05-07-2014 at 10:20 PM.

Old 05-08-2014, 04:52 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndbigfish View Post
I don't understand how burning more fuel saves the environment, but I'm not in Congress either, so I couldn't possibly understand.
Amen to the first part.... HA to the second!

Old 05-08-2014, 08:36 AM   #75

I run 10% ethanol in every gas powered machine I own.
Car, truck, motorcycles, lawn mowers, weed eaters, DR trimmer, chain saw and snow blower.
I ran it for 88,000 miles on my 07 Nomad. I have run it for 3 years in my 01 carberated Drifter.
I store the summer machines in the winter and the winter machines in the summer.
I store each one with a full tank of gas and the proper amount of gasoline stabilizer.
My gas lines are not rotted and everything still runs the way it is supposed to.
Worry, worry, worry, I'm just sayin..............................
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]