Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 09-02-2014, 06:35 PM   #31

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Sam View Post
..Consisdering...I'V BEEN EVERYWHERE..CROSS THE DESERTS BARE..BREATHED THE MOUNTAIN AIR...Yea..I'v been everywhere...
I'm paying attention to rickyboy's suggestion...BECAUSE..mid Sept.. is a better time of year for Motorcyling thru Arkansas...So I wont plan a ride that direction for the planned "national"

If I'm -able- I'll be looking at a ride to Western Canada...(just gotta figure out what little home town bank, I can rent a safe deposit box from..til I come back into the USA...so I can leave my Six Shooter there ;>) ...
I want a VBA National rally in Canada just to hear the ear piercing open throat caterwauling.

Have Bike Will Travel reads the card of this man.

I know you didn't want foreigners chiming in, but the Canucks are out chopping wood, salting fish, or something.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Kawhead; 09-02-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:03 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post
I know you didn't want foreigners chiming in, but the Canucks are out chopping wood, salting fish, or something.
You forgot to mention building igloos and mushing the sled dogs! Eh?

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Old 09-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #33

..If I was ..up-there, about now, I'd be out in the bush. picking Saskatoons..maybe that's where they are ?..this late in the season I supose the picking is done, and they are making jelly and pies !

Old 09-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #34

Hey did you read about how the Americans won't/can't spell Saskatoon berries so they have changed the the name of the berries to something simple like "June" berries. Why I ask...eh? lol
2006 900 Kawa Classic
2007 1600 Nomad
2013 Voyager

Old 09-03-2014, 10:27 PM   #35

:yep..Well I'm a "semi-canook"..thats why I know how to spell it...and how I know -what- they are !

Now for the finest pies and preserves...on the third rock - you gotta try "Sand Cherries" (almost exclusively located in Western Nebraska's, "Sand Hills Area")

..Back to Rickyboy's ...topic...I'm alert, to the possibilities of the Western Canadian Baggers Gathering !

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Silent Sam; 09-04-2014 at 04:17 PM.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:38 AM   #36

I'm all in for a "Canadian National Rally" with all welcome. even a Western Canadian rally works for me. Don't care where it is but the natural choice would be B.C..

Old 09-24-2014, 12:55 PM   #37
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Well it's nice to see some thoughts coming in. .......It would be nice to hear a little more from our Western Canada regional members though. But my thanks to Bdog and some of the other Canadian members so far. Let's keep this option for a Western Canadian rally open for a while. I imagine the riding season is coming to a close for a lot of the Canadian members with the exception of those diehard's that like to ride in almost any weather. Me ??,....I'm done come Oct. 1 when the insurance runs out. .......
After all I have my fish to salt, preserves to finish and of course wood to haul in and chop for the winter. I've been out hunting this last while trying to fill the freezer with some venison and come Oct. a moose. Then wen the snow gets here I want to be out ice fishing, and snowmobiling. ...anyway agin, keep your thoughts and ideas com'in in. Stay safe.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 09-26-2014, 12:06 AM   #38

I've been busy but not chopping wood or salting fish. I wouldn't mind a Rally out west either. I think I would be good for mid-week as usual just because it's nice to stretch out a ride with less traffic, but wouldn't be adverse to a shorter one as Al suggested. Too bad a Canada West rally couldn't be in Washington because the roads are in much better shape.
VBA #02217
06 Nomad
Buy the ticket, Take the ride.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:53 PM   #39

Well its been a busy summer for me. Have been on two trips thru Alberta and B.C. totalling 8500kms.. Have been to two good friends funerals. In the past month I've been working o.t. plus moving to a city. This means I no longer have a shop! Ft. McMurray is my new home..yes even farther north. For the next 7 months I will be boarding then I will be buying a house and shop up there which means moving again! Its amazing how much stuff one possesses. I'm really looking forward to spring, settling into my new house and shop then taking some well deserved time off. I've been banking time off hence next yr. I will have 90 days of holidays..yee haa.
This means next yr. I will be doing a lot of riding and hopefully a western Canada rally.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:04 PM   #40

Well I'm going to jump in here as I'm a born raised BC boy and have been in good old oil country AB, since the 80's, so how about we look at Cache Creek for a rally. Now before you laugh for heads off the reason for this is that there are many "loops" that we could ride, they have a number of motels/hotels in town. I'm going intending to go to the international rally but if we decide a date away from that I'm all in. Besides we could bunk at Ricky's place too lol.
I still think we need to do a meet at Prince Rupert and do some salmon/halibut fishing.
John
2006 900 Kawa Classic
2007 1600 Nomad
2013 Voyager

Old 09-29-2014, 11:30 AM   #41
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
Well its been a busy summer for me. Have been on two trips thru Alberta and B.C. totalling 8500kms.. Have been to two good friends funerals. In the past month I've been working o.t. plus moving to a city. This means I no longer have a shop! Ft. McMurray is my new home..yes even farther north. For the next 7 months I will be boarding then I will be buying a house and shop up there which means moving again! Its amazing how much stuff one possesses. I'm really looking forward to spring, settling into my new house and shop then taking some well deserved time off. I've been banking time off hence next yr. I will have 90 days of holidays..yee haa.
This means next yr. I will be doing a lot of riding and hopefully a western Canada rally.
Hey John/Bdog,... congrats on the move if only temp. until the next more permanent move. And with a new shop. I was hoping you'd be coming south and maybe even "the 108" to buy but.......A guys gotta do what he's gotta do, ...right? See you next summer and hopefully do so riding together.

and thanks John/seawolf for the idea/thoughts on Cache Creek for a rally. Not a bad idea .... I can't say Cache Creek is my fav spot......maybe other will feel the same way as you on the location.....stay tuned.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 09-29-2014, 11:51 PM   #42

Well, I just tuned in here from a long hiatus. I'm all in for a western canada gathering. Cache Creek would work or somewhere in the Kooteneys would suit also. How about Merritt or base it in Armstrong??
Kenora also sounds interesting. Northern ontario is beautiful! Anytime is good for me as I have no schedule or commitments to worry about.
VBA member #02543

Old 09-30-2014, 03:39 AM   #43

Cache Creek is an excellent choice. I've gone to annual dog bro. rally there for the past 36 yrs. on the may24 long wkd. John, your right..many loops to travel with great scenery and heat. Oh yes..Rickyboy is only 120 miles to the north too.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:41 AM   #44

Okay, I'll weigh in now. Cache Creek..:( .... spent 12 years in the Cariboo and I'd prefer Williams Lake for a central HUB. That way, day rides out west to some fantastic country, out east to HorseFly and Quesnel Lake. I know it's your back yard now Rick but it's fantastic country. Lot's of options. Or, Lillooet for the hub and the options to Squamish and Whistler for rides, Sea to Sky Highway, etc.

Last edited by voyager; 10-01-2014 at 10:49 AM.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:29 PM   #45

..I'm saving traveling $$$ ..and buying mosquito repellent !