Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 04-16-2014, 11:09 AM   #1

PGR / ALR Honor Mission

At work, we have a Military Appreciation Group for Home Depot (THD) associates that includes about 500 members. For the past 3-4 years, I've been on the MAG board. Currently I'm responsible the Treasurer and project manager for numerous projects (like the Flag Exchange...exchange worn US flags for a new 3'x5' flag for free) and Letters for Troops (write a letter to a deployed soldier, airmen, etc.), etc.. For the 2nd year, I'm doing a picnic for our associates on 5/23/14, the Friday before Memorial Day. The reason I'm putting this on the forum is because this year, and for the 1st time here at work, I'm bringing the PGR and ALR. As you can imagine, by suggesting to bring between 25 - 100 bikes into our office campus, it had to get approved all the way up the ladder. I'm happy to report every person I spoke to thought it was a great idea.

I've been working with the state captains of both PGR and ALR on the event. They'll be led by Cobb County Sheriff's Dept into our campus. I'll get our associates to gather outside to welcome them. I've also partnered with our day care to give the kiddies a 4" x 6" flag each, and they will come out to wave/cheer/welcome the motorcade.

Then we'll eat lunch and give away door prizes. Any associates who are not part of MAG can sign up, write a letter to a troop, exchange their flag, or learn about the PGR or ALR (both will have a table and reps to answer questions).

We have a huge lawn below the outdoor patio where lunch will be served. The lawn will be setup with 50 static flags including one from each military branch, the PGR and ALR flags, and the rest US flags. We'll have a POW/MIA flag standing alone off to the side. In front of the flags will be a fully decorated POW/MIA table and chair. I will also have a large foam board for each of the 12 THD associates KIA displayed on easels. Then each of the PGR / ALR volunteers will form 2 flag lines. There is going to be a 6' table draped with the US flag. The state captains will have a microphone and explain the meaning of Memorial Day, the PGR and ALR, MIA/POW table, etc. Then 2 active duty (fully dressed) PGR members will fold the flag while the state captains explain the meaning of each fold. Upon conclusion, the 2 buglers stationed at opposite ends of the field will play echo taps.

This is going to be listed as an official mission on both the PGR and ALR sites. I'm a PGR so I get my MAG group to help them when and where I can. Since PGR and ALR do not advertise, this will help them get exposure (we have 6,000 people working here). Having PGR and ALR there, our MAG group will draw a big crowd and get new members, thus letting us take on bigger projects to help more vets and military in the community.

I debated putting this on here, but thought someone would appreciate it and if close, may want to join the PGR/ALR volunteers. I was asked to ride in with the motorcade, so if all my ducks are in a row, I will. My team should be able to put out any last minute fires. I plan on giving each PGR/ALR/Cobb volunteers a THD challenge coin and MAG vest pin for attending.

If I can answer any questions or clarify anything, let me know. This event should be a great way to kickoff Memorial Day weekend.

VBA #02442
VROC Member
PGR (Patriot Guard Riders)
MMCI (Masonic Motorcycle Club International)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Author Unknown

01 Kaw Nomad 1500 (Vintage Red)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-16-2014, 12:32 PM   #2

Wow, way to make work a fun place to be a part of and to honor or fallen soldiers, sailors, airmen and veterans. I hope everything goes off smooth as silk and I hope you post pics for us here. Great job.

David Hollinger
2002 Beige 1500 "Hannah2"
VBA # 02195

Old 04-16-2014, 12:46 PM   #3

You've got your hands full. Might be challenging as most people visit graves leading up to and on Memorial Day weekend.

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Old 04-17-2014, 12:01 AM   #4

Thanks. Not looking for volunteers...already have plenty of pgr and alr signed up. Audience is our corporate office, so got those as well. Just listed on forum in case any pgr wanted to join the motorcade. I'm sure could squeeze a few in

VBA #02442
VROC Member

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Author Unknown

Old 04-17-2014, 06:41 AM   #5
Sr. Contributor

Really Nice! Much success with it!!!
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-17-2014, 07:01 AM   #6

I hope that it is a success for all. Good Luck and GOD Bless.
1996 800A Customized (SOLD)
2001 1500 Nomad (The Mistress)
2013 Voyager

2014 SE Rally - Elkins, WV
2016 SE Rally - Helen, Ga

Old 04-17-2014, 08:12 AM   #7

Nice
2012 Ebony Black Kawasaski Concours 14

Old 05-21-2014, 06:36 PM   #8

This Friday. Approx 40 riders, 6 active duty / honor guard from dobbins afb, 2 from buglers across America, etc. Expecting approx 300+ attendees. 50+ day care kids will lead us in the pledge of allegiance. 4 photographers / videographers. Its on the pgr and alr sites as an official mission if you're interested in riding in the motorcade, but must notify ride captains tonight (or me early tomorrow). Will be explaining memorial day, flag folding, mia/pow table, etc. God bless America

VBA #02442
VROC Member