Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 04-14-2016, 06:32 AM   #31
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQCaffeine View Post
Any update on progress? I've got the exact same bike, and I'm wanting to move my controls forward, too.
Why yes there was progress on this and I apologize for not updating the thread like I said I would. I removed both pedals and took to a local welding shop who was able to add a 3" section to each pedal. I have a TON of foot room now!!! If anything it's too much, for most people 2" would be sufficient, though I adjusted to the longer reach quickly. If you consider having this done. my metal guy said the brake lever is normal steel (easy) but the shift pedal is cast (which takes a different kind of process or skill set to weld). Anyway he did a very sturdy job which I hit with flat black spraypaint over the welds before reinstalling.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by id-man; 04-14-2016 at 08:56 AM.

Old 04-14-2016, 10:30 AM   #32

Thanks for the update. Not sure if that would work for me or not. I wish I could sit on your bike to try it out!
1969 Honda CT90

Past bikes:
1999 Honda Shadow VT1100C
1981 Kawasaki KZ1100A
1980 Honda CB650 Custom

Old 04-14-2016, 12:53 PM   #33
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQCaffeine View Post
Thanks for the update. Not sure if that would work for me or not. I wish I could sit on your bike to try it out!
Don't even worry about it, it would work. The stock location for the brake pedal is ridiculous in my opinion, when your foot is resting on the floorboard it's totally trapped under the pedal - at least it feels that way for the longer-legged rider. Extending puts it where it always should have been. If you have a decent weld shop near you (or better yet a friend) ask what it might cost...it doesn't have to come out looking like a chromed factory part to get the job done. Your feet will thank you.