Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

View Poll Results: Who wants Mac to stay?
Mac, you gotta stay!! 54 75.00%
Really don't care. 14 19.44%
Mac? Who's Mac? 4 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 12:23 PM   #46

"Sooo, in my opinion, it was better not to walk into a room full of cops & call them all crooks, rapists and thieves, and not expect to get your ass kicked."

So you're saying cops have no self control and they will do this under the color of authority? No wonder cops don't like video cameras.

Looking more and more what Mac says about cops is true.

Whip my ass then give me my cash. That's my new motto.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-22-2014, 01:37 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshelly View Post
I have lots of advice.....
Advice whore!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 07-22-2014, 02:31 PM   #48

Ok walk into a truck stop, & call all truckers rapists thieves & murderers, and then see if you don't get your ass kicked in there. Same thing?
Walk into a hospital and call all nurses rapist thieves and murderers, and they WILL take your $$$, THEN kick yer' ass...
And if you are a retired driver, you know better than most, ALOTTA truckdrivers SUCK, but not all. True? I'm just sayin

Old 07-22-2014, 04:37 PM   #49
Advanced Member

Don't think those analogies are quite working but I get the point you wish you could make. Something about authority and banding together rubs people the wrong way.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:41 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwilson View Post
Advice whore!
call it what you want,, but a buck's a buck

Dave "(dshelly)" Shellenberger
2014 Harley Ultra Classic
2007 1600 Nomad (Black)
Shellenberger Machine
Belgrade, MT
Various Bagger Member (Harley Chapter)
VBA # 2395

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-22-2014, 05:09 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
Ok walk into a truck stop, & call all truckers rapists thieves & murderers, and then see if you don't get your ass kicked in there. Same thing?
Walk into a hospital and call all nurses rapist thieves and murderers, and they WILL take your $$$, THEN kick yer' ass...
And if you are a retired driver, you know better than most, ALOTTA truckdrivers SUCK, but not all. True? I'm just sayin
It's hard to reason w angry people. Mac was venting due to some crappy personal experiences. I don't agree w him but so what. I'm a member here and like it so I give my opinion too. Others are just angry people. If acting out against people you don't know on a Vulcan forum is the only outlet for them, well that kind of irrelevancy, especially for men our age, can explain a lot. I loved serving my country and when I came home I had a great career w great people. I wake up every morning w a smile on my face and thanking God. I truly hope Mac is ok because it's easy to see from people that know him personally that he's a decent man.
VBA #02113
Antlers, Oklahoma '12
Blairsville, Georgia '13
Antlers, Oklahoma '13
Eureka Springs, Arkansas '15

Old 07-22-2014, 05:36 PM   #52

I've stayed with Bill and his lovely wife. They opened up their home to me and let me stay in their guest room along with giving me a beautiful tour of their great state. They are the kindest of people. I'd seriously be sad if Bill decided to stop participating on the forum.

That being said, I don't see why being asked not to post negatively about any group of people, whether it's LEOs, school teachers, a particular race, a particular religious group, etc. would cause someone to leave the forum. The goal of this forum is to discuss Vulcan Baggers in a safe, supportive environment. It's clear in the forum rules that we are to treat all members with respect. That fact that Bill feels like he's essentially been banned from the forum because he was asked to tone down his LEO posts is really unfortunate.
VBA #1051 (Former President)

Old 07-22-2014, 09:50 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by manban9888 View Post
It's hard to reason w angry people. Mac was venting due to some crappy personal experiences. I don't agree w him but so what. I'm a member here and like it so I give my opinion too. Others are just angry people. If acting out against people you don't know on a Vulcan forum is the only outlet for them, well that kind of irrelevancy, especially for men our age, can explain a lot. I loved serving my country and when I came home I had a great career w great people. I wake up every morning w a smile on my face and thanking God. I truly hope Mac is ok because it's easy to see from people that know him personally that he's a decent man.
well said.

Old 07-23-2014, 03:22 PM   #54

For fear of bringing on the ban stick I will not post what I think of Mac's personal views especially as it pertains to LEOs.

That being said I voted for him to stay since to ban him or for him to not be able to post or him leaving leaves us with less of a knowledge base to use. Do I wish he could keep his opinions to himself, absolutely, but as long as they are posted in off-topic he has the same rights as anyone else to post his opinion, if it bleeds over into a different forum it should be dealt with accordingly.

Old 07-24-2014, 11:30 AM   #55

I'm not going to make a big comment on the Mac vs. po-po thing. Everyone has issues with some group, whether you admit them or not. As for Mac himself, he was one of the 1st people (along with Yellow Jacket, HwyRider, Dave Hollinger, Vulcan E, DShelley, etc. that welcomed me to the forum and spent a good amount of time helping me to get mechanically familiar with my Nomad. Mac was patient enough to send me pictures, and to fully explain a lot of "how-to's." When I have an issue, he's the first person that I ask. If he doesn't know, then I'll ask the forum. He doesn't just have bike experience, you can ask him anything about small or large engines and he probably has experienced it before. He has never refused to help me, even with lawn mower and pressure washer questions. It may take him a while to respond, especially lately since he's had personal issues going on, but he's ALWAYS responded and offered his advice. I would truly hate to see him go. If I read a post that I disagree with (and there have been some), I ignore it. There's enough members on here that feel like they have to publicly disagree with MAC or anyone/everyone else. I'm not one. I take the good and leave the bad. I haven't been on this forum for that long, but there are a dozen or so people that I really trust mechanically. Mac and Yellow Jacket top that list. I'm sure someone disagrees with me. Great.

VBA #02442
VROC Member
PGR (Patriot Guard Riders)
MMCI (Masonic Motorcycle Club International)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Author Unknown

01 Kaw Nomad 1500 (Vintage Red)

Closed Thread