Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

View Poll Results: Who wants Mac to stay?
Mac, you gotta stay!! 54 75.00%
Really don't care. 14 19.44%
Mac? Who's Mac? 4 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 08:47 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwilson View Post
Well there you go, from a person that admits they have nothing to offer of relevance. Ummm...

You know sometimes you have to deal with the delivery to get the goods... and I can assure you goods were delivered for years by Mac.

I happen to know people, including myself, who sent him a check in the mail for his advice. He never asked for it, and in fact in my case tried to send it back. His advice to me was not only correct, but it saved me money and potential major problems later -- maybe my life. He deserved something in my mind.

As others have said, Mac would help you if you needed it, no questions asked, and without a doubt.

Part of the spice in life is the various seasonings people bring to it. Mac definitely was of a stronger variety in several respects; however one thing is for certain -- he provided value to many on this site and you have not in comparison, as you admit yourself.

So given the score... zero points for you, ten or more points for Mac your view apparently does not matter. It is only your type-written words. Until the score is even or better, you comments about another who has provided a tremendous benefit to many others here is simply NOT relevant.

With all due respect...
And with all due respect you can guess what I think of your opinion......so since your into match, we're even.

cheers

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-21-2014, 08:48 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldridgekennedy View Post
And with all due respect you can guess what I think of your opinion......so since your into match, we're even.

cheers
with apologies "math"

Old 07-21-2014, 08:53 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
aldridgekennedy,

My post quoted above was uncalled for and undeserved.

I apologize.

Bob
accepted and appreciated. Take care.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:05 PM   #34
Advanced Member

Mac as a newer forum member and new to wrenching my nomad, I appreciated all the help you gave me from your direct posts to my threads and the searches I did. Many thanks for that. Your knowledge is well respected here. You do what you feel you should do. I hope you decide to stay and continue to be MacMac
VBA #02482

VROC # 36172

Old 07-21-2014, 09:06 PM   #35

I met Bill in Laconia this year with his lovely wife. They are very nice people and went out of their way to show us what we wanted to see in Laconia and make sure some in our party got to their motels north of Laconia.

Bill (MacMac) made a decision to leave the forum. You know when it's time to move on and evidently he decided that was the best thing for him and the forum. Bill helped a lot of people on here and agrevated his fair share just as I have done. This isn't kindergarten where little kids vote to bring someone back. Let him get on with his life. He's on facebook if you need his advice according to his post. Now where on Facebook is another question that could use an answer.

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-21-2014, 09:13 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldridgekennedy View Post

cheers

Of course... I would have expected nothing less from you. You have exposed yourself quite well.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 07-21-2014, 10:01 PM   #37

Mac you are respected by many here and this place will not be the same without you. I have appreciated the wisdom that you have shared with me and I will greatly miss it. If you must go to facebook please let us know how to locate you.

DC

VBA/KawaNOW #01625
Christian Motorcyclists Assoc.
Wheels Of Destiny Chapter #735
PA Wilds NE/Eastern Canada regional rally July 2012
Eureka Springs National 2015
Rolling Thunder Washington DC 2016
NE US / E Canada Rally - Mont Tremblant, QC 2016
VRA Eastern National at Maggie Valley 2017
99 Nomad G1 gone but never forgotten traded 4/8/17 for a 2017 Indian Roadmaster

Old 07-21-2014, 10:05 PM   #38

My intention with this thread was NEVER to have arguments break out. I never realized how deep some of these problems were. I just thought that his input would be missed. I have tried to figure out how to delete this thread and can't. So would the mods please delete my OP. Thank you. And apologies to all of you.
Cobra Fi2000r ,Fire & Steel light bar,Cobra freeway bars, Kuryakyn highway pegs,Kuryakyn pedal covers,Barons 7 LED tachometer, Chucksters' 2" risers, Kuryakyn RTB controller, Kuryakyn grips, heel and toe covers. Galfer S.S. braided lines.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:23 PM   #39

You can just go to the first page of the thread and close it from the menu on top of the thread. Then nobody can post to it.

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Old 07-21-2014, 11:27 PM   #40
Advanced Member

Really, he's left the building? THAT SUCKS!
That MAJORLY sucks and I'm mad. In all my years on enthusiast forums I've never made enemies and waged pissing contests like the factions on here have. It's an embarrassment to adulthood and bikerhood. I highly doubt, no I KNOW things would have never gone down this way if the discussions had happened in real time in person - but you throw a keyboard in the mix and the delay between responses, and what would have been a respectful agreement to disagree turns to into utter chaos. No fun to watch and totally avoidable if anyone had taken the initiative to back off a little and let things calm down but haters gotta hate, now we are minus a great asset and ally. I don't appreciate you messing up our forum.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:50 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by id-man View Post
Really, he's left the building? THAT SUCKS!
That MAJORLY sucks and I'm mad. In all my years on enthusiast forums I've never made enemies and waged pissing contests like the factions on here have. It's an embarrassment to adulthood and bikerhood. I highly doubt, no I KNOW things would have never gone down this way if the discussions had happened in real time in person - but you throw a keyboard in the mix and the delay between responses, and what would have been a respectful agreement to disagree turns to into utter chaos. No fun to watch and totally avoidable if anyone had taken the initiative to back off a little and let things calm down but haters gotta hate, now we are minus a great asset and ally. I don't appreciate you messing up our forum.

I totally disagree, "that if the discussions have happened in real time in person", things could have turned out a lot worse. Way Worse!
& I was under the understanding that this was a public forum...
I personally think that the keybord saved a drink in the face for sure, unnecessary bloodshed, & some folks freedom they so greatly value.

Last edited by OU812; 07-21-2014 at 11:58 PM.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:52 AM   #42
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
& I was under the understanding that this was a public forum...
Not sure where you're going with that but people definitely 'talk' differently to each other online than they do in person. Online it's way too easy for things to escalate when you can't see a person's facial expressions, read their body language or hear the tone of their voice. Why, you wanna make something of it? Bwah-ha-ha.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:15 AM   #43

I don't appreciate you messing up our forum.[/QUOTE]

I fully agree with you, that when you're sitting in front of a keyboard without a hand to reach up and slap you in the face to keep you in line, you are going to spoo words to a screen that you would not normally say to another man's face. That's all.
Sooo, in my opinion, it was better not to walk into a room full of cops & call them all crooks, rapists and thieves, and not expect to get your ass kicked. And if you are one bad mo-fo, and can handle the first 5 or 6 that you pissed off, they will call five or six more. etc etc etc. I know this for a fact.
That being said, I never had a problem with Mac. He was always straight forward & wealth of information and knowledge that we will be greatly missed here buy some more than others. I had went back and forth with him private messaging several times on problems that I had, he always helped...
Now, what did Kowboysix do so different than Mac, to get banned from this site? DiD I miss something or did he disagree with somebody higher up? I was gone for a while

Old 07-22-2014, 09:28 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwilson View Post
I happen to know people, including myself, who sent him a check in the mail for his advice.
I have lots of advice.....

Dave "(dshelly)" Shellenberger
2014 Harley Ultra Classic
2007 1600 Nomad (Black)
Shellenberger Machine
Belgrade, MT
Various Bagger Member (Harley Chapter)
VBA # 2395

Old 07-22-2014, 11:44 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Hello officer.
Bad guess............truck driver. Retired USN.........don't particularly like cops but don't hate them either.

Closed Thread