Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

View Poll Results: Who wants Mac to stay?
Mac, you gotta stay!! 54 75.00%
Really don't care. 14 19.44%
Mac? Who's Mac? 4 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 12:14 PM   #16

You earned your paycheck. I grew up in Queens NY and know what the south Bronx was like. But I have to tell you I also have personal experience with a dirt bag LEO. I'm not getting into the story but let me tell you he was thrown off the force, and then thrown off the next force he got hired by. I have to agree that this isn't the place for airing discontent, not just about this issue, but politics as well. It doesn't bother me that people do, I just don't care to participate in those discussions.

Just to let you know MAC is good people with a big heart and can tell you that from a personal level, as I have broken bread with him and his wife more than once.

PS. Someone who holds a public office (politician), or a policeman convicted of a crime should not be given early parole and should carry max sentence when committing a crime. LOL. Well I guess I did participate in a discussion.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by manban9888 View Post
Wow...just read some of these threads. At our age we're supposed to have a clue, not turn into a bunch keyboard haters. It's starting to sound a little like a FREE MUMIS ABU JAMAL Hollywood rally in here. Or maybe occupy wall street. I did 20+ years as a Capt in places most of you would never drive through. I had great men and women that are proud Americans and love our constitution as am I. I understand that some of you have bad experiences w law enforcement and whole heartedly agree that we should be held to a higher standard. People are the same in every job and some people don't handle authority over others very well. They should be held accountable. Macmac obviously had run ins w some dishonorable Law enforcement. But let me tell you my paycheck wasn't welfare. While most of you were warm in bed me and my cops were handling nightmares in the south Bronx. I missed almost every Christmas and kid's birthday. It was worth it. It was a job that had to be done and we did it. We all have our issues but maybe we should handle them instead of going on a Vulcan website and insulting a bunch of decent people you don't know. I'm not voting on this silly poll as I don't believe in censorship but I do believe in decency

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by flavor; 07-21-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Old 07-21-2014, 01:10 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavor View Post
You earned your paycheck. I grew up in Queens NY and know what the south Bronx was like. But I have to tell you I also have personal experience with a dirt bag LEO. I'm not getting into the story but let me tell you he was thrown off the force, and then thrown off the next force he got hired by. I have to agree that this isn't the place for airing discontent, not just about this issue, but politics as well. It doesn't bother me that people do, I just don't care to participate in those discussions.

Just to let you know MAC is good people with a big heart and can tell you that from a personal level, as I have broken bread with him and his wife more than once.

PS. Someone who holds a public office (politician), or a policeman convicted of a crime should not be given early parole and should carry max sentence when committing a crime. LOL. Well I guess I did participate in a discussion.............
I'm sure mac has a legit gripe but the nastiness and anger has here been ridiculous. I've broken bread w a lot of guys here too. I remember the visits of the kids of our guys that were killed on 9/11 and how I thanked God that I went home at the end of that day so my boys have me. Some of the best men I've ever known I met on my job. I'm sorry you ran into a bad cop. But he was fired. I'm not one for a soapbox and I rarely talk about this stuff but I have enjoyed it here and met great friends at our rallies. I hope this place doesn't become something else altogether.
VBA #02113
Antlers, Oklahoma '12
Blairsville, Georgia '13
Antlers, Oklahoma '13
Eureka Springs, Arkansas '15

Old 07-21-2014, 02:00 PM   #18

understood............

Quote:
Originally Posted by manban9888 View Post
I'm sure mac has a legit gripe but the nastiness and anger has here been ridiculous. I've broken bread w a lot of guys here too. I remember the visits of the kids of our guys that were killed on 9/11 and how I thanked God that I went home at the end of that day so my boys have me. Some of the best men I've ever known I met on my job. I'm sorry you ran into a bad cop. But he was fired. I'm not one for a soapbox and I rarely talk about this stuff but I have enjoyed it here and met great friends at our rallies. I hope this place doesn't become something else altogether.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:34 PM   #19

My take on this matter is the cops on this site don't what other and myself reading what might be a negative comments about their chosen profession.

If you don't like what Mac posts, DON'T OPEN it!!!

Old 07-21-2014, 02:53 PM   #20
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy View Post
I couldn't care less.............he spews more hate than info on bikes. JMO
Duffy, I would challenge you to read all 11,931 of Mac's posts.

After that, if you can still stand by your above comment. . .let us know.

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Yellow Jacket; 07-22-2014 at 07:17 PM.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:59 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
My take on this matter is the cops on this site don't what other and myself reading what might be a negative comments about their chosen profession.

If you don't like what Mac posts, DON'T OPEN it!!!
And my take is I'll open what I please and make my own comments as I please and could care less what you think. I have nothing against mac and have learned plenty about my Nomad from his posts. Wow somebody doesn't like cops. Good for you. The world is full of keyboard commandos w tons of digital testosterone.
VBA #02113
Antlers, Oklahoma '12
Blairsville, Georgia '13
Antlers, Oklahoma '13
Eureka Springs, Arkansas '15

Old 07-21-2014, 02:59 PM   #22
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldridgekennedy View Post
He can go for all I care. Just another obnoxious Yankee
Another huge contributor to the forum! 194 posts in 4 years. Wow!

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006

Old 07-21-2014, 04:22 PM   #23

IMHO if the forum moderators had been doing their job it would not have gone this far.
I reported that thread when there were only 4 postings on it and again the next day and nothing was done.
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Old 07-21-2014, 05:58 PM   #24

GUYS (and girls)! This thread is about whether or not we want Mac to stay, NOT to rehash that unfortunate incident in its entirety.
Let's keep our eyes on the ball, please.
We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming...

Illegitimati non carborundum
-
Gen. Joseph Stilwell

1999 VN 1500 Nomad

Old 07-21-2014, 07:06 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Bob........you kinda made my point. I'll post when there's something of relevance to add.

I don't care if that clown invented Kawasaki's, his vitriolic delusional self indulgent rants outweigh whatever relevant information he may have..IMO

But again, go back and re-read the OP. The man asked for opinions. You got mine

Have a good day.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:08 PM   #26

I would hate to see Mac leave.

From what I have read on this site, he has helped so many of us with whatever problems we've had with our ride. I have learned so much reading his responses to various problems. He's honest guy just trying to live his life, his way and while he probably just wants to left alone to do his thing, he would go out of his way to help you.

Mac, I hope you'll stay.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:13 PM   #27

Mac can and will do as he damn well pleases...that's Mac. I for one appreciate the knowledge that he shares with ALL of us on this forum.
As for his issues with LEO's and Gov't, know that someone with that amount of hatred hurts more inside than you and I will ever know.
We only see it on the odd post here and there, Mac obviously deals with it 24/7.
Be at peace with yourself my friend.

VBA# 02595
2004 Nomad VN1500L5 FI
1999 HD Superglide Sport (SOLD)
2009 BMW F650GS

Old 07-21-2014, 08:23 PM   #28
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
aldridgekennedy,

My post quoted above was uncalled for and undeserved.

I apologize.

Bob

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006

Old 07-21-2014, 08:27 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldridgekennedy View Post
Bob........you kinda made my point. I'll post when there's something of relevance to add.

I don't care if that clown invented Kawasaki's, his vitriolic delusional self indulgent rants outweigh whatever relevant information he may have..IMO

But again, go back and re-read the OP. The man asked for opinions. You got mine

Have a good day.
Well there you go, from a person that admits they have nothing to offer of relevance. Ummm...

You know sometimes you have to deal with the delivery to get the goods... and I can assure you goods were delivered for years by Mac.

I happen to know people, including myself, who sent him a check in the mail for his advice. He never asked for it, and in fact in my case tried to send it back. His advice to me was not only correct, but it saved me money and potential major problems later -- maybe my life. He deserved something in my mind.

As others have said, Mac would help you if you needed it, no questions asked, and without a doubt.

Part of the spice in life is the various seasonings people bring to it. Mac definitely was of a stronger variety in several respects; however one thing is for certain -- he provided value to many on this site and you have not in comparison, as you admit yourself.

So given the score... zero points for you, ten or more points for Mac your view apparently does not matter. It is only your type-written words. Until the score is even or better, you comments about another who has provided a tremendous benefit to many others here is simply NOT relevant.

With all due respect...

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Last edited by glwilson; 07-21-2014 at 08:29 PM.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:38 PM   #30

Hey Mac, dont quit too soon, if you hold out for a few more threads they will create a new room just for you to post in..... ask me how I know that

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
1946 George Orwell

Closed Thread