Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 03-15-2008, 04:31 PM   #46

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
Free health care

Risers are a MUST as far as I'm concerned. I have 3 bulged cervical discs and get a lot of shoulder and arm pain without risers. Much better riding position. One of these spring days we need to meet in Tremonton or maybe Ogden.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-15-2008, 04:33 PM   #47

Free health care

Indeed.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:43 PM   #48

Free health care

Quote:
Snowing here also. I am really looking forward to this winter finally giving up the ghost. I think that tomorrow I'm going to clean out the garage and tinker with the bike after church. I need to pull the seat and look for an electrical connection that follows the ignition.
Supposed to get some snow here tomorrow too. So that's my plan also. Tinker on the bike after church.

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 03-16-2008, 05:37 AM   #49

Free health care

Quote:
Fact is, the politicians that push "free" health care just want our vote. It's another example of them playing on the "oh poor me" mentality of so many in this country these days.I wonder how many people that can't afford to buy healthcare insurance are driving $40,000.00 vehicles and living in houses with an extra bedroom or two, and/or an extra garage stall for their powered toys.
Folks come into the ED a lot on their 2nd visit (folks that never pay their bill) not improved because they never got the scripts filled. Said they don't have the money for the scripts but smoke 1-2 packs of cigarettes a day. :-/ That's ....what $8-9 a day for cigs. Priorities.
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 03-16-2008, 05:43 AM   #50

Free health care

Quote:
Wolfman you summed it up real well " And in the end the popular vote means nothing " Thats the point I was trying to make, Pa. has not had their primary yet and we are left with 3 incompatants [my feelings] running for president. Its possible that if the whole nation voted on the same day we could possibly have different choices going into the National election in November. I think that less than half of the population has voted so far and at least 3/4 of the nominees are gone already. It cant be called a national election if a vast majarity of the voters dont get to cast their ballot for who they want. All its is, is another freaking game they play. I think that in a true democracy my vote should mean as much as anyone elses. Thats part of what makes it a democracy. I also agree that the democratic party usually does stand for smaller goverment and looks out for the middle class. However the 2 that are running this time have both stated that they would repeal the Bush tax cuts that would mean raising taxes and if by some chance even think about universal health care taxes would have to go through the roof. All 3 want to keep the illegals here and give them a path to citizenship. I think they should march them single file back across the border and keep them on their own side of the fence. They walked here the first time they should home the same way that they came. They broke our laws at least once already. Thats probably 1/2 of the reason that health care insurance is so high. Then they should shut down all the law schools wait for this crop of lawyers to die off and then open up a select few and teach law with some moral values. I'm sorry but suing McDonalds for millions because I put a cup of hot coffee between my legs and I got burnt is a load of crap. Suing the fast food industry because I ate to many Big Macs or Wopperrs and got fat is just stupid. A judge should have looked at those cases and many more just like them and threw them away and then had the Attorney disbarred. If a Dr. preformed an operation and left a sponge or an instrument inside you, you got sick and they had to reopen you up thats a different story thats just negligence. Should that person recieve $10 million no way. If their are any attorneys on here I'm sorry if I upset you, that was not the intention of what I was trying to say it just came out wrong. However I due feel very strongly that we are heading down a path to our own destruction and if something is not done soon we will be the reason for our own demise. All that being said I am still proud to be an American. We just need to look at why and how this country was formed originally and go back to the basics.
Preach on joe!
Kawanow Member #23

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-16-2008, 06:00 AM   #51

Free health care

Okay...so I've been up since about 4 am....can't sleep....going riding later he he. Just want to say I've enjoyed this discussion. None of that getting ugly putting others down banting you see so often. Just good discussions with everyone stating their views and listening/considering others views. ......Hey us KawaNow folks are the best!
Kawanow Member #23

Old 03-16-2008, 11:08 PM   #52

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
Free health care

I agree unwind, open honest discussion that respects the other people in the discussion is the only way to foster a free exchange of ideas. Too bad that politics is not like that these days.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter