Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 05:20 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to wompus
Barbara Walters comments on Jane Fonda

Barbara Walters said:
Thank you all. Many died in Vietnam for our freedoms. I did not like Jane Fonda then and I don't like her now.
Jane Fonda can lead her present life the way she wants and perhaps SHE can forget the past, but we DO NOT have to stand by without comment and see her "honored" as a "Woman of the Century."
(I remember this well)
For those who served and/or died. . .
NEVER FORGIVE A TRAITOR. SHE REALLY WAS A TRAITOR!!
and now President OBAMA wants to honor her......!!!!
In Memory of LT. C.Thomsen Wieland who spent 100 days at the Hanoi Hilton [Famous North Vietnam Prison]
IF YOU NEVER FORWARDED ANYTHING IN YOUR LIFE FORWARD THIS SO THAT EVERYONE WILL KNOW!!!!!!
A TRAITOR IS ABOUT TO BE HONORED. KEEP THIS MOVING ACROSS AMERICA
This is for all the kids born in the 70's and after who do not remember, and didn't have to bear the burden that our fathers, mothers and older brothers and sisters had to bear.
Jane Fonda is being honored as one of the '100 Women of the Century.'
BARBRA WALTERS WRITES:
Unfortunately, many have forgotten and still countless others have never known how Ms. Fonda betrayed not only the idea of our country, but specific men who served and sacrificed during the Vietnam War.
The first part of this is from an F-4E pilot. The pilot's name is Jerry Driscoll, a River Rat. In 1968, the former Commandant of the USAF Survival School was a POW in Ho Lo Prison the 'Hanoi Hilton.'
Dragged from a stinking cesspit of a cell, cleaned, fed, and dressed in clean PJ's, he was ordered to describe for a visiting American 'Peace Activist' the 'lenient and humane treatment' he'd received.
He spat at Ms. Fonda, was clubbed, and was dragged away. During the subsequent beating, he fell forward on to the camp Commandant's feet, which sent that officer berserk.
In 1978, the Air Force Colonel still suffered from double vision (which permanently ended his flying career) from the Commandant's frenzied application of a wooden baton.
From 1963-65, Col. Larry Carrigan was in the 47FW/DO (F-4E's). He spent 6 years in the ' Hanoi Hilton',,, the first three of which his family only knew he was 'missing in action'. His wife lived on faith that he was still alive. His group, too, got the cleaned-up, fed and clothed routine in preparation for a 'peace delegation' visit.
They, however, had time and devised a plan to get word to the world that they were alive and still survived. Each man secreted a tiny piece of paper, with his Social Security Number on it, in the palm of his hand. When paraded before Ms. Fonda and a cameraman, she walked the line, shaking each man's hand and asking little encouraging snippets like: 'Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?' and 'Are you grateful for the humane treatment from your benevolent captors?' Believing this HAD to be an act, they each palmed her their sliver of paper.
She took them all without missing a beat.. At the end of the line and once the camera stopped rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the POWs, she turned to the officer in charge and handed him all the little pieces of paper...
Three men died from the subsequent beatings. Colonel Carrigan was almost number four but he survived, which is the only reason we know of her actions that day.
I was a civilian economic development advisor in Vietnam , and was captured by the North Vietnamese communists in South Vietnam in 1968, and held prisoner for over 5 years.
I spent 27 months in solitary confinement; one year in a cage in Cambodia ; and one year in a 'black box' in Hanoi . My North Vietnamese captors deliberately poisoned and murdered a female missionary, a nurse in a lesarium in Banme Thuot , South Vietnam, whom I buried in the jungle near the Cambodian border. At one time, I weighed only about 90 lbs. (Mynormal weight is 170 lbs)
We were Jane Fonda's 'war criminals....'
When Jane Fonda was in Hanoi , I was asked by the camp communist political officer if I would be willing to meet with her. I said yes, for I wanted to tell her about the real treatment we POWs received... and how different it was from the treatment purported by the North Vietnamese, and parroted by her as 'humane and lenient.'
Because of this, I spent three days on a rocky floor on my knees, with my arms outstretched with a large steel weight placed on my hands, and beaten with a bamboo cane.
I had the opportunity to meet with Jane Fonda soon after I was released. I asked her if she would be willing to debate me on TV. She never did answer me.

These first-hand experiences do not exemplify someone who should be honored as part of '100 Years of Great Women.' Lest we forget....' 100 Years of Great Women' should never include a traitor whose hands are covered with the blood of so many patriots.
There are few things I have strong visceral reactions to, but Hanoi Jane's participation in blatant treason, is one of them. Please take the time to forward to as many people as you possibly can.. It will eventually end up on her computer and she needs to know that we will never forget.
RONALD D. SAMPSON, CMSgt,
USAF 716 Maintenance Squadron,
Chief of Maintenance DSN: 875-6431 COMM: 883-6343
PLEASE HELP BY SENDING THIS TO EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK.
IF ENOUGH PEOPLE SEE THIS MAYBE HER STATUS WILL CHANGE.

Mike "WOMPUS' Nieznany
1999 Nomad "Fronkensteen"
Viet Nam Vet 68-69-70
KawaNOW #00577
I'm sarcastic and have a smart ass attitude. It's a natural defense against DRAMA, BULLSHIT & STUPIDITY!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-31-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
I'm not a big fan of Barbara Walters but I can't stand Jane Fonda. She is definitely a traitor.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:08 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
I will never forget.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 11-01-2011, 03:48 AM   #4
Top Contributor

I'm all for pacifism and I applaud anyone who stands up for what they believe HOWEVER if that story is true then she should be tried for treason.

Treason is defined as: 1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign; 2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state; 3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.

Since it was/is our government (US) that ordered soldiers to Viet Nam (and were subsequently captured), if she (or anyone) betrays them, she was betraying the US. (Not to say other countries soldiers weren't involved.)

The US Constitution states: "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.". If she wasn't aiding the enemy (at least at the time) by betraying those soldiers, I don't know what "aiding" is.

Other than all that, she's a piece of crap. Pardon my ramblings but although I was way too young for Viet Nam (I wasn't born until '67), I served my country and lost a few friends in the sandbox.
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Last edited by Monkeyman; 11-01-2011 at 03:54 AM.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #5

I remember and Hanoi Jane should be hung as a traitor!

2011 National Rally
2012 NCR Rally
2012 Antlers Rally
2013 National Rally
2013 Antlers Rally
2014 NC/SC Rally
2014 Antlers Rally
2015 VRA/VBA Rally
2016 NCR Rally
2016 Antlers Rally
2017 Antlers Rally
2018 NC/SC Rally
2018 Antlers Rally
2019 Antlers Rally
2020 Antlers Rally
2022 Antlers Rally
2023 Antlers Rally

2021 Indian Roadmaster Limited
2022 Indian Roadmaster

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-01-2011, 12:27 PM   #6

I'd love to give Hanoi Jane an award...... She wouldn't see the sun again
VBA # 1234
VROC # 32837
Patriot Guard Riders
Naval Advisory Group Vietnam 69-70

Old 11-01-2011, 02:28 PM   #7

Let it go people, think of the future and leave the stupidity of our past behind us.

Last edited by trip; 11-03-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:24 PM   #8
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
This story was told 40 years ago... why now does it have legs again??? was the world in a coma???

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 11-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #9

Urinal Cake

Urinal Cake

VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Old 11-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to wompus
I DO !!! I was in Nam when the bitch did it!
You have no idea what she did to our guys. People like you are the problem with this country. When someone turns on our soldiers it's people like you that run their mouths and either support them or says "It's no big deal"!!

What you call bullshit I call something else!!
That's the same thing the cowards who went to Canada said about her!

Mike "WOMPUS' Nieznany
1999 Nomad "Fronkensteen"
Viet Nam Vet 68-69-70
KawaNOW #00577
I'm sarcastic and have a smart ass attitude. It's a natural defense against DRAMA, BULLSHIT & STUPIDITY!!

Last edited by trip; 11-03-2011 at 09:10 PM.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:48 PM   #11
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
This story was told 40 years ago... why now does it have legs again??? was the world in a coma???
It has legs again because Obama is about to give her an award for Woman of the Century. Since she's a traitor, she doesn't deserve this.
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 11-02-2011, 01:58 AM   #12

Geez stator,

I can't believe you posted that reply. Some things are just not forgivable and should never be forgotten.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #13

Sorry Stator but it's a very big part of my life. Have you been in a war zone ??? I doubt it. I really feel you should not have the room to comment on this. I know how the VC treated our troops and I also know how we acted. YOU DON'T
VBA # 1234
VROC # 32837
Patriot Guard Riders
Naval Advisory Group Vietnam 69-70

Old 11-02-2011, 02:41 PM   #14

A$$H0LE? F&CK ME? Wow... You narrow minded, redneck clown... not only did you make this one on one personal, I have to ask - is that the best you have to offer? You don't know anything about me, so to include me in some errant group you've made up in your mind is just silly and uninformed. I have just as much right to speak my mind as you have.... Veterans like you made that possible.... Right? Why are you angry when I exercise that right? Is it because I don't agree with you? Oh.... I see.

If you need to resort to name calling and whatnot, it begs the question of just how strong the foundation of your argument is, not to mention your level of credibility. Everyone is correct from a certain point of view and I think you're forgetting that.

You're a real tough guy on the forum, and by your appearance likely a real bad-ass in person. I'm sure if you were here in person you'd want to kick my ass as well. How impressive you are. Well, not everyone thinks like you Chief... good thing I guess.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:29 PM   #15
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
It has legs again because Obama is about to give her an award for Woman of the Century. Since she's a traitor, she doesn't deserve this.
Thank you.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Closed Thread