Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 09-13-2011, 12:50 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to wompus
Will the USA survive?

The folks who are getting the free stuff, don't like the folks who are paying for the free stuff, because the folks who are paying for the free stuff can no longer afford to pay for both the free stuff and their own stuff.

The folks who are paying for the free stuff want the free stuff to stop, and the folks who are getting the free stuff want even more free stuff on top of the free stuff they are already getting!

Now... The people who are forcing the people who pay for the free stuff have told the people who are RECEIVING the free stuff, that the people who are PAYING for the free stuff, are being mean, prejudiced, and racist.

So... The people who are GETTING the free stuff have been convinced they need to hate the people who are paying for the free stuff by the people who are forcing some people to pay for their free stuff, and giving them the free stuff in the first place.

We have let the free stuff giving go on for so long that there are now more people getting free stuff than paying for the free stuff.

Now understand this. All great democracies have committed financial suicide somewhere between 200 and 250 years after being founded. The reason? The voters figured out they could vote themselves money from the treasury by electing people who promised to give them money from the treasury in exchange for electing them.

The United States officially became a Republic in 1776, 235 years ago. The number of people now getting free stuff outnumbers the people paying for the free stuff. We have one chance to change that. In 2012. Failure to change that spells the end of the United States as we know it.

ELECTION 2012 IS COMING A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

I'M 100% for PASSING THIS ON!!!

Let’s take a stand!!!Obama: Gone! Borders: Closed! Language: English only Culture: Constitution, and the Bill of Rights! Drug Free: Mandatory Drug Screening before Welfare! NO freebies to: Non-Citizens!

Mike "WOMPUS' Nieznany
1999 Nomad "Fronkensteen"
Viet Nam Vet 68-69-70
KawaNOW #00577
I'm sarcastic and have a smart ass attitude. It's a natural defense against DRAMA, BULLSHIT & STUPIDITY!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-13-2011, 01:04 PM   #2
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
Will the USA survive?

I'm all for no free stuff. I for one am tired of working and seeing my tax dollars used for free stuff and money to other countries that care nothing about the US.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 09-13-2011, 02:03 PM   #3

Will the USA survive?

Name the free stuff?

Right now 1 in 6 are on food stamps. The people getting do nor our number the people giving.
It's the same with every other program out there.

The problem with the above article is it blames the weigh people or entity. It also stigmatizes those who need help.

I love it when people blame those accepting help from the government. You should be blaming big business. There us a reason why part time workers make up the majority of workers at walmart and other big businesses.

As it stands now I agree with the OP that American cant survive the way it's currently running but it isn't the fault of the worker.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:48 PM   #4
Advanced Member

Will the USA survive?

You are thinking small here it looks like. The wolves you speak of, business paying tens of millions through the chambers of commerce to buy elections, and you are concerned with perhaps one in a hundred recipients getting away with ~$250 a week... small potatoes. Glad you are paying attention but shame on those who think the unemployed are getting 'free stuff.' Free stuff like putting food on their table which otherwise would not be available to them... most of them would love to be working to keep their house! Been there, done that, and it ain't fun!

I have a problem with your last line, you mention the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, then go on a rant about other things, most of which are in fact contradictory to them both. How about the right to be secure in their persons? Does drug screening not contradict that? Due process? Is applying for public assistance probable cause for testing? Wow, this is a total contradiction to the bill of rights and has already been found unconstitutional in MI, expecting the same result in Fla.

They want to do it here in Ohio, and in response a bill is introduced to also require it of our politicians, two of which this year have been accused of OMVI, and one with a hooker in his car, another abusing his wife on a drunken rampage... (all three with an R... you know, family values and all).

You are right about the elections coming soon, hope the Republicans in OH are having a time of their lives as it is about to be short lived (2014 can't come soon enough). From what I see is wrong with this post, keep passing it on, assure Obama another term!

My turn to rant...people seem to want to vote against their own interests, assuming everyone on welfare is scamming the system. Is there abuse, yup, but digest this: I will get slammed for left wing talking points but it isn't something you will see on Faux news: The richest 1% in this country OWN half the wealth in this country. The top 400 earners in the good ole' USA earn MORE than the bottom half of wage earners combined. Nobody sees something wrong in this? Most of these peoples' incomes come in the form of capital gains, taxed at a rate less than I bet you pay, surely less than I pay in taxes! You want to speak of class warfare, this is it, not some slimeball working the system for a measly $250 a week.

Small thinking to imgine the class warfare the right wing media presents to the non-thinkers is between the welfare recipients and us hard working middle class folk. Congress is being bought, not in the interest of the electorate but in the interest of those who can afford them, those mentioned above, and the worker be damned except where we can be used as a pawn to make smaller the share of wealth available to the working class. Show me one tea partier or even perhaps a Republican who has recently come out in support of workers. Boehner? Kasich? McConnell? Bachmann? Give me a break!

Ask Boehner where are the jobs he campaigned on this last election. Seems to me he and McConnell are doing all they can to keep thwart any job creation, all in an attempt to not have Obama elected and to he11 with those who are out of work and those who voted for them. Let's cut taxes more so the "Job creaters"... who really believes cutting taxes creates jobs? All it does is put more wealth in their pockets at taxpayer expense.

To quote a moment from Night court... "I feel much better now"

Old 09-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #5

Will the USA survive?

Damn straight we will

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #6
Sr. Contributor

Will the USA survive?

You are all wrong! I am right!

This is what the politicians have brought us to.
Divide and conquer.
They have succeeded, and we are doomed.
The people that can help America aren't.
The people that want this country to thrive again can't do anything about it.
I'm right! Your wrong!
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 09-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #7

Will the USA survive?

Jack C., I'm with you in part. . . That $250.00/week is only $8.00 less than the average of my last 17 paychecks as a licensed journeyman plumber with 35 years experience working 40 - 50 hours a week. I've lost well over $100,000.00 of my retirement funds and home equity in the last 3 years. At the same time I am not eligible for any of the government hand-outs. I can't even access my SSI for another 8 years (if it's still there by then).

So where do I sign up to be one of those "top 400" earners ??? My "retirement" boils down my wife and I risking the remainder of our retirement $$$ buying broken properties, fixing them and renting them in hopes that we can recover some chance of growing old without being stuck in some state run "facility".

Just my share of "rant".

2006 Vulcan 1600 Classic "George III" (Patricia's)
2006 Vulcan 1600 Nomad "Grace" (Mark's)
Mark Clark
VBA #1619
TaibhseDaid@Gmail.Com
"Irish" @ Maricopa County Chapter of B.A.C.A.
Phoenix, AZ

Old 09-13-2011, 08:31 PM   #8

Will the USA survive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markclark57
Jack C., I'm with you in part. . . That $250.00/week is only $8.00 less than the average of my last 17 paychecks as a licensed journeyman plumber with 35 years experience working 40 - 50 hours a week. I've lost well over $100,000.00 of my retirement funds and home equity in the last 3 years. At the same time I am not eligible for any of the government hand-outs. I can't even access my SSI for another 8 years (if it's still there by then).

So where do I sign up to be one of those "top 400" earners ??? My "retirement" boils down my wife and I risking the remainder of our retirement $$$ buying broken properties, fixing them and renting them in hopes that we can recover some chance of growing old without being stuck in some state run "facility".

Just my share of "rant".
Mark - it's folks like you x 1000s with their can do attitude that makes me believe that in fact USA will survive! Power to you!!

Old 09-13-2011, 09:31 PM   #9

Will the USA survive?

The US owes too much money to go under, they'll just keep pumping more money in.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 09-13-2011, 10:19 PM   #10

Will the USA survive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringadingh
The US owes too much money to go under, they'll just keep pumping more money in.
Unfortunatly they do so by printing more money that they have no backing for, which causes those dollars to be devalued, which means they get to take more away from those who are still intent on earning what they can.

Mark Clark
VBA #1619
TaibhseDaid@Gmail.Com
Phoenix, AZ

Old 09-13-2011, 10:30 PM   #11

Will the USA survive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loafer
You are all wrong! I am right!

This is what the politicians have brought us to.
Divide and conquer.
They have succeeded, and we are doomed.
The people that can help America aren't.
The people that want this country to thrive again can't do anything about it.
I'm right! Your wrong!
You're right loafer. Divide and conquer has been working for years.
Of course the politicians aren't divided as they appear. They just act like it in public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack C.
Show me one tea partier or even perhaps a Republican who has recently come out in support of workers. Boehner? Kasich? McConnell? Bachmann?

Ask Boehner where are the jobs he campaigned on this last election.
Jack, you may correct in your assessment of Republicans and there concern for the American worker.
But I don't believe either party deserves my vote.
It's difficult to see where the Democrats supposed concern is doing any good.

The national poverty rate climbed to 15.1 percent in 2010. Up 0.8 percent from 2009.
The highest number of Americans living in poverty in the 52 years the Census Bureau has been publishing estimates.
Working Americans saw their income decline 2.3 percent to an annual $49,445.

Where are the jobs that Obama and the Democrats campaigned on?

If we as Americans continue to believe that Washington can create jobs and economic prosperity
we will continue to be disappointed.
But I'm sure that somewhere in the 155 pages of the president's new jobs bill we'll find a new approach.
Surely not more of the same wisdom that worked so well last time.
My guess is that there are new jobs alright. A bureau for this and a commission for that.
All to be filled by presidential appointment.
And before this waste of money, which won't create jobs is passed the Republicans will stomp around,
acting like they have some concern for the taxpayers.
Then it will be the Democrats turn for they're usual accusations, Republicans only care about the rich.
Maybe they can toss in a little Republicans hate widows, children, orphans, minorities and workers while they're at it.
This country will outlive me, in spite of Republicans and Democrats.
Outlive my great grand kids, I'm not so sure.

One thing I am sure of, it's cooled off. Time to ride

Dave Jesse
2012 1700 Gray/Black Voyager
2006 1600 Nomad Green/Silver Sold
VBA #1108

2010- Eureka Springs - Antlers - 2011- Maggie Valley - Antlers
2012- Margaritaville Ride - Van Buren - Antlers - 2013- Estes Park - Antlers
2014- Mountain View - Antlers - 2015- Eureka Springs - Antlers
2016- Salem - Antlers - 2017- Eureka Springs - Lake George - Antlers - 2018- Custer - Antlers

Old 09-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #12

Will the USA survive?

I want some free stuff too! Where do I sign up? How do I qualify? Does being crazy qualify for a disability?

Old 09-16-2011, 06:41 PM   #13

Will the USA survive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridemslow
I want some free stuff too! Where do I sign up? How do I qualify? Does being crazy qualify for a disability?
Nah, If it did I'd be double covered. . .

Mark Clark
VBA #1619
TaibhseDaid@Gmail.Com
Phoenix, AZ

Old 09-16-2011, 07:30 PM   #14

Will the USA survive?

Saw a bumper sticker the other day.......

REDISTRIBUTE MY WORK ETHICS.......NOT MY MONEY

Maybe a part of the solution to the problem is to allow the USA to again access and take advantage of the natural resources we have.
Let us drill our own oil.....dont pay for other countries to do it and then deny that same right to us.
How many jobs were destroyed because of the banning of oil industry.....
How many people are unemployed because of the "Sure you can open a coal power plant if you want... but your gonna go broke" attitude of Bom Bom

Maybe the problem isnt the "Top 1%" who pay 90% of the taxes, but the "Lower 48%" who think welfare is a career path.

Maybe its the Left wing politicians fault (millionaires by the way) making sure that things that would create jobs are blocked or made impossible by legal loop holes created their party?

(And for my liberal friends who will surely throw in the exceptions.. of what about the person born with no legs etc etc.. yes there are people who deserve and need help.... thats not the statement here......if they got the dead weight off the payroll... think of how much would actually be there for those who DO need it. If we could get the "Its my right" crowd off the system and working the system would work like it was designed to.)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
1946 George Orwell

Old 09-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #15
Sr. Contributor

Will the USA survive?

If we created a workforce from the unemployed, that went from agency to agency across this country, digging for the names of people who don't deserve the free programs. And got them off the programs. What would happen to the amount of money needed to keep those agencies running?
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]